Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

require('mail.php') is not working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

require('mail.php') is not working

ChanuxChanux Member
edited June 2013 in Help

im going to send email via SMTP

when i add this code.

<?php    
require('mail.php');    
 ?>

Its display error like this

Warning: require(mail.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/test2.php on line 2

Warning: require(mail.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/test2.php on line 2

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'mail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/USERNAME/public_html/test2.php on line 2

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited June 2013

Erm...

This means mail.php does not exist lol

• http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

Please learn PHP. Simply copy pasting code from all over the place isn't going to help you.

Thanked by 2rm_ Daniel15
  • awsonawson Member

Put mail.php in the same directory as test2.php.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited June 2013

@awson said:

>

Put mail.php in the same directory as test2.php.

This. Or find the correct path /home/USERNAME/public_html/directory/mail.php and use that in require.

• @natestamm said:
    This. Or find the correct path /home/USERNAME/public_html/directory/mail.php and use that in require.

I see no point in making him use absolute paths, it's just going to make it all more complicated.

Thanked by 2Janevski Daniel15
  • natestammnatestamm Member
    edited June 2013

@Bogdacutuu Considering what he is attempting to do and the fact that he should understand the error messages being received to begin with I would respectfully disagree. And absolute paths really aren't the issue. He simply isn't understanding the function, the relationship involved in paths, more simply, and more importantly the location of the file to begin with. If his starting point is the file he is adding code to and the mail php file is in a subdirectory one might have even opted to go for require(dirname(__FILE__).'/directory/mail.php'); ..but if it is not I would suggest he use absolute to maintain what is most likely a more proper application directory structure + avoid greater confusion with functions. This one is just about understanding IMHO, you are complicating the issue by denouncing c+p to the OP in light of others' suggestions to copy the file to the same directory. I would never suggest anyone does that to an unknown application structure as it may also create a security risk.

• It sounds like you are missing php-mail.
    http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/PHP_Email_SMTP_Authentication.htm

apt-get install php-mail

• @InfiniteVPSRyan said:
    It sounds like you are missing php-mail.
    http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/PHP_Email_SMTP_Authentication.htm

apt-get install php-mail

Um..no? He can't include mail.php because the file doesn't exist..it says that in the damn error message ffs.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Either it doesn't exist, or the permissions for accessing the file are messed up.

• Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited June 2013

@MrObvious said:
    Um..no? He can't include mail.php because the file doesn't exist..it says that in the damn error message ffs.

But if the module was installed the "mail.php" file (although he hasn't capitalised the Mail like he should have) would be in the PHP include paths - very much like when installing Java SDK you have to edit your windows environment paths (not sure if thats the correct name for them).

@OP, try changing "mail.php" to "Mail.php"?

More info for @MrObvious: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15172383/pear-mailer-not-found-failed-opening-required-mail-php

• @Jono20201 that's what I get for replying to something after just waking up :(