Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus review

maldoviamaldovia Member
edited May 2017 in Reviews

So I bought a VPS with VMHaus, since I didn't have much time to try out my trial VPS and wanted to switch away from my VPS hosted by OVH itself (only 100Mbit port).

Ordered this: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

512MB RAM, 1 core, 10GB NVMe storage.

I only post this review because VMHaus is new, and I like to support new providers that are good and offer a quality service compared to most, that don't and are just shitty summerhosts.

First) it's obvious he knows what he is doing, I ordered a VPS and he had it setup with the ISO I requested in just a few minutes, hes answered everyones questions on discord and has been very nice.

I installed Debian inside an encrypted LVM. Install was very quick, all went well.

So, the benchmark:

-------------------------
  nench.sh benchmark
  2017-05-11 13:59:18 UTC
 -------------------------

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
 CPU cores:    1
 Frequency:    3791.974 MHz
 RAM:          494M
 Swap:         459M
 Kernel:       Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
 vda  10G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
     2.177 seconds
 CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
     3.721 seconds
 CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
     0.670 seconds

ioping: seek rate
     min/avg/max/mdev = 57.1 us / 177.0 us / 4.57 ms / 53.0 us
 ioping: sequential speed
     generated 9.11 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.22 GiB, 1.82 k iops, 455.4 MiB/s

dd test
     1st run:    573 MB/s
     2nd run:    614 MB/s
     3rd run:    614 MB/s
     average:    600 MB/s

IPv4 speedtests
     your IPv4:    66.70.17x.xxx

Cachefly CDN:         107MB/s
     Leaseweb (NL):        42.3MB/s
     Softlayer DAL (US):   34.5MB/s
     Online.net (FR):      11.9MB/s
     OVH BHS (CA):         111MB/s

High IOPS, which is great and solid download speed and CPU power. Also the latest E3 1270v6 that OVH recently released.

They also offer internal IPs and OVH vRack (snapshots coming soon), which is nice, even though I will probably not use these features (besides snapshots).

Also, they are backed up daily, another pro.

My experience with VMHaus has been great, he's active on discord aswell so I can contact him quickly if I need to.

Good luck to @vmhaus.

I WILL CONTINUE SHILLING VMHAUS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I LIKE THEM.

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

http://status.vmhaus.com/ seriously, how do you keep the server load so low?

• corbpiecorbpie Member

@exception0x876 said:

Being new with little active services

Thanked by 1jar
  • @corbpie said:

@exception0x876 said:

Being new with little active services

by being prem

• BopieBopie Member

@exception0x876 said:

I thought the same thing but then i did think the nvme helps and also that he is a new host so not many active services, one of our nodes goes from 12-20 on load and its a full node aha

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • quickquick Member

I don't know why you guys keep on shilling em. 3-6 months later exactly the same guys will open threads like"very bad support, disgusting support, scam, panel down, ..."

It is nothing unique, just another ovh reseller...

Thanked by 3Nuntius jar sayem314
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@quick said:
    I don't know why you guys keep on shilling em. 3-6 months later exactly the same guys will open threads like"very bad support, disgusting support, scam, panel down, ..."

Debbie Downer over here. While I may or may not ever order services from @vmhaus, I still wish them the best of luck with their business. If anything, it'll drive competition here further and all of us will benefit.

I don't see why people writing reviews about their pleasant experiences with their servers is a bad thing. I see enough bad reviews or drama, that anything positive (new provider or otherwise) is a welcomed change of pace.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jesus Christ, fucking Discord again.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited May 2017

@quick said:

No. The majority of OVH resellers who come to LET, excluding a few, are 14 year olds expecting to make a quick buck over the summer and sell 1,000 servers in a weekend. Now, obviously this isn't possible and it can be difficult to start selling on LET especially because of how cynical everyone is here. So, when I see a host like @vmhaus that knows his shit and puts in effort, I like to reward them.

@Nekki said:
    Jesus Christ, fucking Discord again.

Fucking Discord again

• @quick said:

From speaking to him on the cancer application that Nekki has referred to above. The guy works in Malaysia and provides services to local companies. He knows what he is doing and is using the tons of features both Virtualizor and OVH provide that every other provider doesn't including the main bonus for me vRack allowing 1Gbit connection to my other VPS in Canada, along with using the backup space provided by OVH.

Regardless from my short time dealing with him he has been above amazing and I believe he will be around for years to come.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: Regardless from my short time dealing with him he has been above amazing and I believe he will be around for years to come.

Could you qualify as to why you think that's the case?

• @Nekki said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: Regardless from my short time dealing with him he has been above amazing and I believe he will be around for years to come.

Personally he cares. He works in the industry in his local area, he knows how to manage servers. He comes forward professional etc. He uses OVH to its full advantages. Private IPs are a huge bonus for myself and it's nice to see people utilise vRack it's a paid extra (for 1Gbit) that it over looked. I personally believe in him but everyone is to themselves

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nekki said:

Personally he cares. He works in the industry in his local area, he knows how to manage servers. He comes forward professional etc. He uses OVH to its full advantages. Private IPs are a huge bonus for myself and it's nice to see people utilise vRack it's a paid extra (for 1Gbit) that it over looked. I personally believe in him but everyone is to themselves

1GB KVM at $4.50 is good but nothing unbelievable cheap ;-)

he simply hasn't pulled any crazy stunt-offer yet, so he probably is lucky enough to have not to deal with abusers so far...

if he can keep it this way, he hopefully can make it for a longer time. yet it will be much harder to get customers/tractions without crazy shit, so let's hope he doesn't get on the desperate route ;-)

best of luck anyways @vmhaus

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Falzo said: if he can keep it this way, he hopefully can make it for a longer time. yet it will be much harder to get customers/tractions without crazy shit, so let's hope he doesn't get on the desperate route ;-)

If previous comments are to be believed, @vmhaus has a bunch of non-LET business so on the face of it there's really no need for the sort of desperate-for-customers stupid offers that can kill a host.

Thanked by 2Falzo vmhaus
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@maldovia

Matches nicely with my own review and experience.

Now, having used the word "experience" I'm somewhat careful with that because my experience as a new @vmhaus user is of course quite limited.

But from what I see so far vmhaus has earned themselves a place in my personal top5.
    The VPS is seriously fast, the rest is great, too (disk, connectivity), the price is clearly within LET boundaries and the service has been good so far.

A propos "14 years old ovh reseller" - I don't think so; doesn't match. vmhaus is not at all pushing or even hyping their services, offered no special as of now, are generally relatively quiet. My guess is that they are still preparing and fine tuning some things. Maybe they are still fine tuning their marketing, too.

Whatever. I can only judge what I myself concretely saw and experienced and that was all around very positive.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@exception0x876 said:

By keeping good customers, throwing out abusers and not overselling ;)

• NuntiusNuntius Member
    edited May 2017

@vmhaus said:

@exception0x876 said:

@vmhaus said:

@exception0x876 said:

And your company is now registered in Malaysia?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2017

I'll believe it when I see them around this time next year. Plenty of people come around and care, plenty claim to have other services they've been offering for years locally, but all I see is someone who probably installed solusvm on a preconfigured OVH dedi.

No offense and I hope they do well, I have no desire to see another dead pool, but all I'm seeing are really early reviews of how well OVH's new server line performs. I could've told you about that for free. I've been around here too long to be that easily impressed.

@jarland said:
    I'll believe it when I see them around this time next year. Plenty of people come around and care, plenty claim to have other services they've been offering for years locally, but all I see is someone who probably installed solusvm on a preconfigured OVH dedi.

No offense and I hope they do well, I have no desire to see another dead pool, but all I'm seeing are really early reviews of how well OVH's new server line performs. I could've told you about that for free. I've been around here too long to be that easily impressed.

Very fair thought from a LET admin :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

vmhaus said: Very fair thought from a LET admin :)

And very best wishes to you, I hope you become the next RamNode in this space. We need new heavy hitters. Also OVH's new dedi line is fucking awesome, you were smart to pick it for minimum cost and maximum profit, which gives you more room to improve over time and expand while not sacrificing quality. There's nothing here standing in your way that I see, so please do rise to the challenge and be here generating great reviews next year :)

Thanked by 2vmhaus saf31
  • BopieBopie Member

@vmhaus only thing i would have recommended is going with the bigger 1.2tb ssd :)

With that sort of price for 2 1.2tb nvme SSD plus all that ram, not gonna lie im itching not to get it, when they released the nvme it made me want to go back to them however when they get there uk DC open im sure I will.

Thanked by 1vmhaus

@Bopie said:
    @vmhaus only thing i would have recommended is going with the bigger 1.2tb ssd :)

With that sort of price for 2 1.2tb nvme SSD plus all that ram, not gonna lie im itching not to get it, when they released the nvme it made me want to go back to them however when they get there uk DC open im sure I will.

We are definitely going with the 1.2TBs the next node :)

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2017

Just bought a small 512MB KVM to test things out. It certainly did / does NOT disappoint.
    Keep up the good work @vmhaus.

• @K4Y5 said:
    Just bought a small 512MB KVM to test things out. It certainly did / does NOT disappoint.
    Keep up the good work @vmhaus.

I agree, had to get another PremVPS™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To all the CA location VPS users, please be assured that the earlier IPv6 slow connectivity issue has been resolved. Sorry for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your support :)

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • cociucociu Member

maldovia said: I only post this review because VMHaus is new, and I like to support new providers that are good and offer a quality service compared to most, that don't and are just shitty summerhosts.

i like you ! really. This should be apreciated because all have a start

• maldovia said: seriously, how do you keep the server load so low?

@pbgben with c38.host also has a low load, I guess that makes his service prem as well

Thanked by 2vmhaus pbgben
  • @ethancedrik said:

maldovia said: seriously, how do you keep the server load so low?

@pbgben with c38.host also has a low load, I guess that makes his service prem as well

MISQUOTE. but ben is cool as well, I guess he can be in the prem group too

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@maldovia said:

@ethancedrik said:

maldovia said: seriously, how do you keep the server load so low?

MISQUOTE. but ben is cool as well, I guess he can be in the prem group too

We don't oversell to the point that the machines struggle, neither do vmhaus by the reviews I have seen. We both also utilize the latest available hardware to provide preem service.

• pbgben said: We don't oversell to the point that the machines struggle, neither do vmhaus by the reviews I have seen. We both also utilize the latest available hardware to provide preem service.

Yeah, from an earlier post the nodes were actually not under much load at all, and I remember in one post you even said put them to work lol

• +1 to @vmhaus, I'm using their 2GB plan with free windows license for my game server. Works really great! Recommended.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls