Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudos to ImpactVPS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kudos to ImpactVPS!

jbarrjbarr Member
edited May 2017 in Providers

In another discussion, I mentioned that HostMyBytes was closing some of its lower-end VPS hosting offerings, so I was looking for alternatives.

@Awmusic12635 came to the rescue with a basically comparable and affordable offering, so I signed up to try it out. Overall, it's very similar, but it excels in several key areas:

1. The control panel, which is similar to HostMyBytes', is more comprehensive with more statistics and additional functions.

2. Once a VPS is deployed, it can be "upgraded" on the fly by allowing you to tweak the RAM, cores, swap, HD space, and number of IPs. How cool is that?!? OK, so maybe that's the state-of-the-art, but its very welcome after having to contact HostMyBytes' Support for these kinds of changes.

3. SSDs. ImpactVPS uses SSDs on all VPS's, and its evident. The "feel" of working with these VPS's via CLI just feels more snappy and responsive. Updates fly. etc.

SO all that to say, thanks, @Awmusic12635 for coming to the aid of someone looking for a new home, and providing a viable, solid, feature-packed, and affordable solution.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far. I hope we can continue to meet and exceed your expectations for many years to come.

• A solid provider for 'ssd vps pool' category, if you don't run anything that isn't bothered by openvz virt.

eg. Web stack , lamp, lemp,

I only had one annoyance with their Ubuntu 14.04 templates which didn't have a python interpreter after installation. Hope that is fixed in their updated templates.

(It made my ansible experiments hiccup-y because of the missing python.)

I'd just like to know in case I decide to sign up again for a client.