Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I connect to OpenVPN on the university network?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I connect to OpenVPN on the university network?

parca_neparca_ne Member

VPNs are forbidden on university network. How do I connect to OpenVPN?

Comments

• I use 443/TCP on my college network which works

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I use 443/TCP on my college network which works

Everyone writes the same thing. Are you I stupid? Can not I think of that? If the TCP 443 protocol worked, why would I ask for help? I'm looking for other methods. TCP 53/80/443 etc. banned.

• Well he was just trying to be helpful. :) You'd be surprised at the low tech level of some of the people who come and ask questions here. But they're all welcome.

• quickquick Member

@parca_ne said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

Everyone writes the same thing. Are you I stupid? Can not I think of that? If the TCP 443 protocol worked, why would I ask for help? I'm looking for other methods. TCP 53/80/443 etc. banned.

I would suggest you to use these ports: 53, 80, 443

Thanked by 4imok Amitz hzr Pwner
  • Use tor browser then.

• @parca_ne said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

Calm down. You didn't tell me that you had tried these. As it's commonly said in my family "I'm not a fucking mind reader". Tell me what you want and what you've tried. You didn't say you tried anything.

We live in 2017 where I can't assume fucking anything because I might be racist sexist or Apache attack helicopterist so grab a seat sit down and explain EXACTLY what. Because your opening request is a vague as "I want a VPS not in UK". That still leaves 30 billion fucking options. Be specific and you will find what you want.

Sorry for the vulgar language and bad spirit in this post but I do not appreciate your response to my post of me attempting to be helpful. In no way did I say you were stupid or assume you were a moron. Based on your reply now I do.

/Rant

Have a great day.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @parca_ne said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

I'd be good to know what ports you can actually use, since 80/443 ports are for common usage, it means http flow might be redirected to a non-standard port.. can you ssh to any remote shell? if so, you can use that, if not, you will have to find your way to the non-standard http port that gets routed to the lan proxy.

• @gattytto

@GenjiSwitchPls Sorry. What is the best bypass method without configuring on the client side? Also, is there a tutorial for OpenVPN + Stunnel?

• @parca_ne said:
    @gattytto

@GenjiSwitchPls Sorry. What is the best bypass method without configuring on the client side? Also, is there a tutorial for OpenVPN + Stunnel?

Google it!!!