Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dediserve US Slow Network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dediserve US Slow Network

Does anyone use dediserve servers in US locations here?

I signed up for one in LA today, and the network speed is terrible. I raised a ticket, they always replied within an hour, which I appreciate, but their support refused to even acknowledge the issue.

Check this benchmark

Benchmark started on Wed May 10 05:02:03 UTC 2017
Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
-----------
Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz
CPU Cores   : 2
Frequency   : 2199.998 MHz
Memory      : 1990 MB
Swap        :  MB
Uptime      : 3:18,

OS      : \S
Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel      : 3.10.0-327.4.4.el7.centos.plus.x86_64
Hostname    : ds

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is 104.145.XXX.XXX

Location        Provider    Speed
CDN         Cachefly    15.0MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      222KB/s
Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   174KB/s
Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   704KB/s
San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   1.05MB/s
Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   251KB/s

My logs are full of these errors non stop, which support said I can ignore.

May 10 05:36:20 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:27 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:27 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:28 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:28 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:30 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots
May 10 05:36:32 ds kernel: net eth0: Too many slots

Any other dediserve users here and any idea what is going on here?

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• corbpiecorbpie Member

oversoldnode.com ?

• DazzleDazzle Member

Their LA is sucks, ask them to move to their Dallas location, more stable, imo. Had small glitches on their network but still acceptable.

• Check with support if you are on a KVM node, the Xen ones can be slower

• itsnotvitsnotv Member

The customer service closed my ticket with this reply.

And for slowness issue when performing these speed tests as we can not use third party sites as reliable means of testing our network speed.

@dediserv, the support person I have interacted with is the worst support tech ever.

• itsnotvitsnotv Member

@Dazzle said:
    Their LA is sucks, ask them to move to their Dallas location, more stable, imo. Had small glitches on their network but still acceptable.

Dallas 1 or 2?

• @dediserve fancy come giving some real support here? Looks like no real support over the tickets

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @dediserve fancy come giving some real support here? Looks like no real support over the tickets

Our support team are here 24/7 and with fast response and (hopefully) very helpful too :)

If you have any issue just PM me a ticket ID

• @dediserve said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @dediserve fancy come giving some real support here? Looks like no real support over the tickets

Our support team are here 24/7 and with fast response and (hopefully) very helpful too :)

If you have any issue just PM me a ticket ID

I'm referring to this

@itsnotv said:
    The customer service closed my ticket with this reply.

And for slowness issue when performing these speed tests as we can not use third party sites as reliable means of testing our network speed.

@dediserv, the support person I have interacted with is the worst support tech ever.

How do you recommend testing your network?

• As I said, feel free to PM me a ticket ID, we handle about 100 tickets an hour so I've no hope of finding you manually :)

• LA has mostly/all Xen. That could be it.

Dallas should be solid on Psychz net.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • busbrbusbr Member

@dediserve Any chance of getting FreeBSD 11 templates? The ones you have are EOL already, and OnApp doesn't do custom ISOs.

• busbr said: FreeBSD 11

OnApp is taking it's sweet old time to add a FreeBSD 11 template. Your best bet is to deploy FreeBSD 10.1 (which DediServe should have) and do an upgrade to 11.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • FredQcFredQc Member

itsnotv said: And for slowness issue when performing these speed tests as we can not use third party sites as reliable means of testing our network speed.

Dediserve's answer reminds me of OVH answer to that ticket concerning my slow downloads speed tests back in the day.

Nice way to threat customers...

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • There is nothing wrong with their network as I can see at: http://dediservestatus.com/

So maybe a specific problem with only your server and not a wide datacenter issue?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • itsnotvitsnotv Member

@Dazzle said:

@vimalware said:
    LA has mostly/all Xen. That could be it.

Dallas should be solid on Psychz net.

Thanks, moved to Dallas, the networks is usable now.

Finally a third tech acknowledged the issue, and fixed it by changing config on the xen supervisor and host, started getting acceptable speeds after that, but LA networks sucks when compared to Dallas.

Thanked by 2vimalware dediserve
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited May 2017

Does anyone has a dediserve server on their Buffalo, New York, US location? If yes, can you please post/share the results of the simple speed test:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

• @nqservices said:
    dediserve server on their Buffalo, New York, US location?

I'm sure you can find other established+reliable colocrossing resellers for cheaper .
    But if you must have the onapp features like snapshots, and templates, then good choice.

• @nqservices said:
    Does anyone has a dediserve server on their Buffalo, New York, US location? If yes, can you please post/share the results of the simple speed test:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

You can run checks on all locations via http://lg.dediserve.com