Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address

IshaqIshaq Member
edited May 2017 in General
  • @bsdguy is claiming that he was scammed by my company for entering in his email address incorrectly and not receiving our emails, not being able to receive support (because his registered email was wrong), and not being able to login.

• After finding his order and pointing out his mistake, he claims we're still in the wrong for not offering support from his unregistered email at the time. Only communicated once with us.

• Account cancelled and refund arranged.

Comments

• bsdguybsdguy Member

ishaq, the budgetnode manager, who just happens to be an admin here, deleted my post which he didn't like.

Just FYI. Probably this thread should be somewhere else where ishaq isn't admin.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@bsdguy said:
    ishaq, the budgetnode manager, who just happens to be an admin here, deleted my post which he didn't like.

Just FYI. Probably this thread should be somewhere else where ishaq isn't admin.

You really have a personal vendetta against him don't you? (and yes I saw your original post that seemed to be a bunch of hot air about discrimination that most likely doesn't exist).

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

You really have a personal vendetta against him don't you? (and yes I saw your original post that seemed to be a bunch of hot air about discrimination that most likely doesn't exist).

Bullshit. Until some weeks ago I didn't even know anything about ishaq other than him being an admin here. I had a very negative experience with his company budgetnode, about which I did not even write a word here until today.

It just so happened that today this thread here was opened and so I told about my experience with budgetnode, too. Which btw. got by far worse today dealing with ishaq.

Btw, it's too obvious that you are acting for him. You should do it a little more subtly. ;)

• IshaqIshaq Member

@bsdguy said:

It was removed for being libellous, false, and potentially damaging to the business for a mistake made by you.

You entered your email incorrectly and could not login, or receive our emails. You jumped to the conclusion that we tricked/scammed you when you were told that "No client was found with that email" when you sent in a guest ticket from the correct email.

This is your fault, and you need to accept that.

Thanked by 2Rhys Noerman

@bsdguy said:

I had a very negative experience with his company budgetnode

You mean you had a negative experience with yourself correct?

p.s. I act for my self but thanks for caring.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@Ishaq said:
    You entered your email incorrectly and could not login, or receive our emails. You jumped to the conclusion that we tricked/scammed you when you were told that "No client was found with that email" when you sent in a guest ticket from the correct email.

Thank you very much. Honestly. Even a really evil-spirited lawyer couldn't wish for more than you publicly and provably breaking client privacy. Thank you so much. * smile

@bsdguy said:

@Ishaq said:

Thank you very much. Honestly. Even a really evil-spirited lawyer couldn't wish for more than you publicly and provably breaking client privacy. Thank you so much. * smile

• JordanJordan Member

@bsdguy said:

@Ishaq said:

The 'probably' in your reply is very telling, it says to us that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@Jordan said:
    The 'probably' in your reply is very telling, it says to us that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As soon as you've enhanced your reading skills you'll notice the difference between "provably" and "probably". Thanks for amusing me.

P.S. Your signature lends immense credibility to your impartiality ...

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Don't stress it. Trust me, some customers just get annoyed or have had a lot of bad experiences over the years so small things like this can throw them for a loop. I mean, I got a 2 page thread a few pages back because I haven't sat down and added New York to our list.

You do good work here and at the companies you work at, you cant win them all.

Francisco

• sibapersibaper Member

Let's battle on public forum begin.

Customer VS Provider

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • if you had money for a lawyer you wouldn't be on LET

Thanked by 2Rhys Pwner

@sibaper said:

Customer VS Provider

Less customer more muppet.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

ishaq

Not that I still had a question about you keeping your personal business interests and you admin position here properly seperated, but if I may: Could you, please, kindly add "relieved and happy" to the title before Ex-customer?

Oh and don't let get facts get in your way. Like the fact that this thread was not opened by myself.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

bsdguy said: deleted my post

Can you private message me more details about what was posted and removed? IE. was it a thread or a reply to a thread, quick desc of content, etc.

• JordanJordan Member

@bsdguy said:

@Jordan said:

As soon as you've enhanced your reading skills you'll notice the difference between "provably" and "probably". Thanks for amusing me.

P.S. Your signature lends immense credibility to your impartiality ...

So, if it's provable, which act do you think we are infringing?

• @Ishaq said:
    It was removed for being libellous, false, and potentially damaging to the business for a mistake made by you.

Negative reviews = sales.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@TheOnlyDK said: Negative reviews = sales.

You're probably right but that's besides the point. This guy seems to be bored so he's making this a big deal when it was all his fault from the start.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • NuntiusNuntius Member
    edited May 2017

I don't know anything about the story. But what I think isn't ok when an provider and admin like @Ishaq moderate a post that is about him and his company. Thats censoring a forum and not ok. Ishaq is a nice guy and I am sure he is right about what he claims about the issue but still he shouldn't be the one who edit a post in the case.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Rhys said:

@sibaper said:

Customer VS Provider

Less customer more muppet.

Thanked by 1Rhys

To be clear, I do not think it is okay for a provider to be removing negative posts about their services unless the user has requested that they do so. If it needs to be removed, it should be removed by another admin/mod and kept around in a private forum for transparency between the staff members here.

• JordanJordan Member

@Nuntius said:
    I don't know anything about the story. But what I think isn't ok when an provider and admin like @Ishaq moderate a post that is about him and his company. Thats censoring a forum and not ok. Ishaq is a nice guy and I am sure he is right about what he claims about the issue but still he shouldn't be the one who edit a post in the case.

Most likely the thinking was that the issue had been resolved internally, but the post would still sit there reflecting negatively on the company without any explanation. But since the customer continued to cause trouble, Ishaq is happy to discuss it out in the open, which is why we have this thread which he made now.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@Jordan said:

@Nuntius said:

Most likely the thinking was that the issue had been resolved internally, but the post would still sit there reflecting negatively on the company without any explanation. But since the customer continued to cause trouble, Ishaq is happy to discuss it out in the open, which is why we have this thread which he made now.

I absolute understand the explanation and your both position. But than he just should have post his response under the post of the OP and nut just delete it. It would show also it is solved without been involved in censorship.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@jarland said:
    To be clear, I do not think it is okay for a provider to be removing negative posts about their services unless the user has requested that they do so. If it needs to be removed, it should be removed by another admin/mod and kept around in a private forum for transparency between the staff members here.

Agreed. I think that where a provider is a moderator then they need to be prohibited from having administrative functions over posts about their own businesses - even if it's just to ensure impartiality.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

jarland said: To be clear, I do not think it is okay for a provider to be removing negative posts about their services unless the user has requested that they do so. If it needs to be removed, it should be removed by another admin/mod and kept around in a private forum for transparency between the staff members here.

this.

Thanked by 1jar

Any chance of rolling back the edit then?

@hawc said:

I tried but it's not there. This jumpstarts another conversation about vanilla upgrades.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@jarland said:

@hawc said:

vanilla upgrades

you wish

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Rhys tldr from your point of view?

@Rhys said:

@jarland said:

@hawc said:

vanilla upgrades

you wish

This is Colo "It works, so just leave it and never touch it again" Crossing.

Thanked by 1Rhys
This discussion has been closed.