Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetNode discontinues $15/yearly KVM product?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetNode discontinues $15/yearly KVM product?

Mike92Mike92 Member
edited May 2017 in Providers

hello everyone,

long time guest lurker here. I decided to signup to get some input on what the general consensus about price increases is. I discovered these guys on lowendbox and found their $15/year KVM offer last year on this forum.

decided to give it a shot and it has been performing very well.

however, yesterday I received this email from them stating that the plan was being discontinued and we wouldn't be able to renew it anymore:

how does everyone feel about this? is anyone else affected?

I am personally very annoyed that they would change prices like that for something I wanted to pay $15 for? Is this normal?

thanks

mike

Thanked by 1Rhys

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2017

It looks like a marketing move or kind of a let-bait if you wish ;) There are other $15/yr KVM options in EU anyway with 512MB RAM on top of that, AlphaVPS and Nodion, for example. ArubaCloud is still viable option too I guess.

• Mike92Mike92 Member

@bersy said:
    It looks like a marketing move or kind of a let-bait if you wish ;) There are other $15/yr KVM options in EU anyway with 512MB RAM on top of that, AlphaVPS and Nodion, for example.

don't get me wrong.. i've been very happy with them. they have treated me well but then this :(

Thanked by 2Rhys bersy
  • It's only a $9 delta, and you're getting double the resources. Still a very nice deal.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • YuraYura Member

If you want cheaper service - move. There are tons of providers who offer more resources for the price.

If you like them and want to stay the tradeoff is actually not bad - double resources for 1/3 price raise

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Price increases used to be a normal part of hosting back in the day, people got used to price locks which resulted in many providers landing in the deadpool over the years.

Thankfully the increase isn't massive and the resources are also increased so it's not more money for the same resources like it used to be.

It stinks that it happens but it's better than an e-mail telling you to find a new host by next week.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:
    Price increases used to be a normal part of hosting back in the day, people got used to price locks which resulted in many providers landing in the deadpool over the years.

Thankfully the increase isn't massive and the resources are also increased so it's not more money for the same resources like it used to be.

It stinks that it happens but it's better than an e-mail telling you to find a new host by next week.

It's also nice that plenty of notice is given, I have until September if I even wanted to move, but I'll gladly be paying the extra for it.

Thanked by 2KuJoe Jordan
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

As a customer, yes that could be annoying at first. But we all could agree that the host handled it well. You still got your deal with better resource for the duration of what you paid for. I dont see anything negative on what the host did.

Thanked by 2exception0x876 tux
  • Mike92Mike92 Member

@jcaleb said:
    As a customer, yes that could be annoying at first. But we all could agree that the host handled it well. You still got your deal with better resource for the duration of what you paid for. I dont see anything negative on what the host did.

yes I agree they handled it well and I will be staying with them. I shouldn't have posted this, I just wanted some other opinions.

can staff please close or remove this?

Thanked by 1jcaleb
This discussion has been closed.