Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS compensation, a sincere "no thanks".
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS compensation, a sincere "no thanks".

DotMGDotMG Member

Sometimes, you make something wrong, you have to fix issue, you have to apologize to people, you have to compensate. You can't deny it was not your fault, but by the same time, it was not entirely your fault.

I know many here don't really appreciate CVPS, but from posts I've read from competitors especially, I think that in case of the cataclysm that happened to them, LEB/LET is anyway a wonderful community, like a big family.

I ordered the 40USD/yr VPS from CVPS, which had 6 days downtime. I was happy with the box, and I probably will be. Supposing they will give me 2 months free, it'll be about 4 USD of compensation, that means nothing compared to the issue I had with 6 days downtime, the amount of extra-work I had to do to move some service from this box to another one, my reputation toward my customers, but, hey, I can't say it was not my fault neither, these 6 days downtime.

This compensation is just a punishment toward the provider. For this time, I'd like to say to CVPS: you're not punished. I just pass by this issue, I accept your apologize but don't compensate me, it's okay. For the beauty of LEB/LET.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Maounique

Comments

• I'm sure their SLA is listed on their site. How much comp do you expect from $40/yr.

Crazy.

• About a year ago I had a alien vps for $12-15/year. The server was totally doomed all data got lost. My vps was down for 2-3 days and I got free 6 months credit from them.

• nvr had anything with cvps

so cant comment anything and i dont understand a bit of cvps fuss too. Please dont shot me i just dint follow up on cvps much

• alexalex Member

@johnlth93 said:
    nvr had anything with cvps

so cant comment anything and i dont understand a bit of cvps fuss too. Please dont shot me i just dint follow up on cvps much

you must be one the dumbests people I know

• Did you guys even read the OP?

• $4/2 months is still over generous, considering you only had downtime worth $40 / 365 * 6 = $0.66

I agree with the OP tho

• @eric1212 said:
    I'm sure their SLA is listed on their site. How much comp do you expect from $40/yr.

Crazy.

None

• @johnlth93 said:

chinese?

• @alex said:
    you must be one the dumbests people I know

The fuck is wrong with you.

@erhwegesrgsr said:
    chinese?

and?

• alexalex Member

and dumb

• DotMGDotMG Member

@eric1212 said:
    I'm sure their SLA is listed on their site. How much comp do you expect from $40/yr.

Crazy.

The thing is that what they're willing to offer can't really compensante the issue I've had. Thus, my "No, thanks"!

@redjersey said:
    down for 2-3 days and I got free 6 months

If CVPS can afford to do that, they'll have a serious lost.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@johnlth93 said:
    and?

he asked if you're chinese.

Thanked by 1erhwegesrgsr
  • @netomx said:

I understand, so i asked "and?" like "so i am, then what?"
    Something like that =)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@johnlth93 said:

@johnlth93 people don't understand why someone join to thread just to post "hey guys, I don't know what is this all about but don't be angry on me". I mean.. that's spam! What's your point? How do you contribute to topic with posting just to tell us how you don't know what this is all about?

If you don't have clue what we talk about please stay out of the thread. You really don't need to come here just to write comment about how you can't comment thread, because that's really... sorry.. just spam.
    Please abstain from any futher commenting in this thread because you sucessfully hijacked it with non relevant offtopic content.