Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weblogic 12C getting stuck while creating domain on Ubuntu 16.04
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weblogic 12C getting stuck while creating domain on Ubuntu 16.04

teperteper Member
edited May 2017 in General

As the title reads i am unable to create domain in Weblogic 12C as it is getting stuck while creating it.

I have followed everything in the default Read me file but still no success.

Java version used is latest and VM used is OVH VPS SSD 1

Comments

• You should post the logs to get a useful answer. However, I don't think that WebLogic will be happy with only 2GB of RAM for the whole server, the last time I've used it I gave it 8GB for the JVM only and it was just about enough.

Also, I'm not sure if Ubuntu 16.04 is supported by WebLogic, you may have better luck with CentOS or Oracle Linux (if it's actually installable on OVH VPS line).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

quicksilver03 said: Also, I'm not sure if Ubuntu 16.04 is supported by WebLogic

I don't think so:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html

@teper, welcome to enterprise software. In the FOSS world you can just say "I pick MySQL, I pick (random Linux distro), and I expect it to work".

Not so here...you need to make sure your entire stack is certified: what OS, what cluster, what database, etc. You can't just take Weblogic and run it on a random distro. You'll need to pick one of the supported distros, which very likely is RedHat or Oracle Enterprise Linux and that's it.

Note that CentOS is not on that list. You can get into "yeah, but it's the same so it should work" but when you're paying tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for software, people don't experiment with the parts they don't care about like the OS.

Yeah, you can download Weblogic for free and you can run it on a free download of OEL and such, but really this stuff is designed for paying customers.

Thanked by 1Pwner