Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking New VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking New VPS

Dear providers,

I am seeking for a new VPS. At this moment, I am with IperWeb. But they are listed at SpamHaus, which means most of my email's wont be received by my clients, as my mails get blocked by SH.

So, I am seeking for a new VPS. I have some requirements, and I hope I can find one who meets them.

I need

• 2 GB RAM or more;
  • 1 TB Bandwith or more;
  • Flash Media Services, IRC Server/Flashpolicyd, Shoutcast server allowed;
  • In Europe (I live in The Netherlands). The Netherlands EXCLUDED.
  • Somewhere between $1 and $15 USD.

Thanks,
Dennis

Comments

• Have you contacted Iperweb about getting a different IP?

@prometeus @Maounique

• OpenVZ-3
    75 GB Disk Space
    1024 MB Guaranteed RAM
    2048 MB Burstable to RAM
    3000 GB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit Network Speed
    1 IP Address
    Full Root Access
    $14.95/mo
    Instant setup
    WHMCS control panel

Sonwebhost.com

• These are the solutions provided by IperWeb:

Spamhaus will not remove us. Only them are blacklisting us, we have 1, max 2 IPs blacklisted by others, but spamhaus considers us spammer heaven since we had 2 in the same time and will never remove us.
    You can:
    1. Request an immediate cancel for the service and we will refund you pro-rated.
    2. Use madrill.com to send mails (free for up to 12000 a month).
    3. Use another mailer, such as google apps.

So, in matter of fact I need to sign up for a third party mailer. I don't like that thought.

• OpenVZ-3 75 GB Disk Space 1024 MB Guaranteed RAM 2048 MB Burstable to RAM 3000 GB Bandwidth 100 Mbit Network Speed 1 IP Address Full Root Access $14.95/mo Instant setup WHMCS control panel

Sonwebhost.com

• @SonWebhost: What's the location of the server?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Let me tell this story.
    Two saturday ago I noticed that spamhaus had 4 SBL open with some dating back more than one month. I found notices marked as fraudolent spam from google (how true), so I wasn't receiving the notify (had to add filter to bypass the spam filter).
    2 were already solved as we received notices from other sources and were removed in a few minutes, 2 were ip on 2 adiacent /24, the ip were used to host some spamvertized sites.
    After some investigation and no reply from the clients I scheduled for cancellation both vps, but for a mistake one wasn't queued for immediate cancellation (which hostbill process in minutes) but was for end of billing.

I replied to both SBL that the service were terminated. So they checked and found one active, a new SBL was issued and in the night the whole /23 was escalated with this reason:
    "Hosting same spammers on same server after telling Spamhaus they were gone."

In the morning I replied to the SBL and explained the my mistake. The SBL for the IP removed but the escalation was left in place. I explained again the mistake and asked them to look at the history of the last years to see that there was always the max collaboration and the only reply I got was that they don't care, we're spammer. Then they stopped to reply.

Too much power in the hand of this gang I suppose.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @mpkossen said:
    Have you contacted Iperweb about getting a different IP?

You've never dealt with Spamhaus before it seems. Most providers won't "swap" IPs out of paranoia that they are being traded bad/dirty IPs for clean ones. Now with Spamhaus throwing out /24s on SBLs.. it can easily ruin a small LEB provider

• Geez. So, maybe IperWeb can start a new procedure? I can't imagine SH would simply reply: "We don't care. Bye"

• France

• @prometeus so 37.247 is black-listed ?

@MorningIris said:
    prometeus so 37.247 is black-listed ?

no

Thanked by 1tux
  • @prometeus Thanks...

• @Sonwebhosy I thought your DCs were in Los Angeles or somewhere else in the USA.

• So, @prometus why can't you shoot me a 37.xx IP then? Then I can stay with IperWeb. Only sending mail is a problem to me.

Ip are routed to different vlans, so it require a new subnet to be routed to that vlan.
    Need to find some space, the last /22 was just deployed...

• Could you do that effort for me? The uptime is great, only the blocks are bugging me.

• SpiritSpirit Member

Maybe you can migrate him to other machine with different subnet? :)

Thanked by 1DennisdeWit
  • That's what I asked. It looks like a little effort to keep me as a customer, since I'm very confident with the uptime.

@DennisdeWit said:
    That's what I asked. It looks like a little effort to keep me as a customer, since I'm very confident with the uptime.

overzold nodes are all on this subnet, so until a different range of IP is added to this vlan there is nothing we can do... :)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • DeanDean Member

Same here - I had to move away...
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL187821

• This arbitrary behaviour of blacklist info providers has bothered me for a while, not just me but a lot of others I suspect.

The question needs to be raised why self-appointed policemen can be so arbitrary knowing that service providers cannot control the behaviour of every single host on their networks, whether they are domestic and business on premises providers, or providers at hosting centres.

This arbitrary abuse of power is not tolerated if wielded by governments, or government-appointed or regulated bodies so why should self-appointed totally unregulated corporations have that power?

It also raises the question as to why service providers should use such blacklist providers in the first place or give so much weight to their decisions.

• And people wonder why spamhaus was hit with such a large DDoS...

edited June 2013

@DennisdeWit said:
    Geez. So, maybe IperWeb can start a new procedure? I can't imagine SH would simply reply: "We don't care. Bye"

This was the last reply I got when I explained the mistake:

Your hosting offends our users. We build advisory lists for our users. The problems you may have are not cared about by our users, they just want us to protect us from your customers.

And remember the whole escalation was for 2 ip out of a /23...

• rds100rds100 Member

I'd say anyone who blocks email based solely on spamhaus list is a fool and doesn't deserve to receive emails. Period.

• DeanDean Member

Unfortunately @rds100 a lot of the big players in email do :(

• rds100rds100 Member

@DeanClinton said:
    Unfortunately rds100 a lot of the big players in email do :(

Solely based on a spamhaus listing? Like who?

• DeanDean Member
    edited June 2013

Sorry I missed the solely bit... I meant some of the big players automatically drop email if you are listed in SpamHaus. I think email to an AOL address was one that bounced right back...

• However, my aim was to get offers, instead of discussing SpamHaus.

• DotVPS kept rebooting the VPS every single time without warning their costumers. So they corrupted the server one day. Yes, I had backups, but I don't think they should reboot it every single time without a warning.

However, maybe I was just unlucky and I should go back?