Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Recommendations?

I've spent a lot of time figuring out who the reputable VPS sellers are, but I now find my days of shared hosting returning for a project. My only experience with shared hosting was with Hostagator when I started in 2011. I know BuyVM has a shared hosting product that I'll purchase. But who else here has something good? Resources and services etc.

Comments

• I would always go for buyshared, service is really great.

There are a lot of providers, probably way more than vps providers.

Thanked by 2Francisco MTUser2012
  • These guys are the best Superb Internet https://www.superb.net/web-hosting First class support and solid service. I've had an account there for almost 10 years now. Nice for things that I don't want to fiddle with and just want to keep running - also, their email server is solid.

Thanked by 2MTUser2012 nocker
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I do :)

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • buyshared, impactshared, mxshared, hostus are some excellent VFM shared hosting providers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2017

Obviously it's buyshared or me ;)

I'm more expensive though. Overselling is required to compete on shared, I'm committed to not doing it, at the expense of growth. We'll see how it plays out. https://mxshared.com/index.php/order/forms/

• I recommend Dreamhost. (I should get an affiliate link from them.)

Anything targeting the LAMP stack works without problem. They have some support for Python and Ruby on Rails web apps, but I haven't tested that out yet. The Python support looks to be pretty rudimentary.

MySQL works fine. I don't have anything that gets hit hardcore, but the servers always seem responsive.

Email works fine for non-critical, light duty stuff, but they have had some pretty severe email outages in the past.

If you need better Python or Ruby support, I don't have any recommendations. I haven't deployed a lot web apps written in those languages.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

You can try us as well. XiNiX

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • ImpactShared.com

Great service, been using it for almost a year.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

We do provide shared hosting with no overselling !!

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • We do have a new shared hosting package which we've yet to share here, specifications as follows:

WH01
    20GB SSD (RAID) Storage

Unmetered monthly bandwidth

No MYSQL database or e-mail restrictions

No hidden contracts, charges or price increases

FREE .co.uk domain name

FREE SSL certificates

Unlimited parked domains and sub-domains

Nightly off-site backups, completed automatically

FREE DDOS Protection for all of your domains

FREE Migration from any other cPanel webhosting provider

France, Roubaix Datacenter

£15.73/year

More info @ https://virtual6.net/cpanel-website-hosting.html, give me a shout if you have any questions at all.

• Nobody mentioned mddhosting ? They are rock solid , running a small production website on their shared platform for over 2 years and have nothing to complain

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Been offering shared hosting for around 6 years now: LINK I very rarely push it, it just works :) I don't offer resellers account which keeps it clean and functional.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • Buyshared FTW :D
    been using them from start , cancelled my namecheap and Hostgator accounts and never looked back.

Thanked by 2Francisco MTUser2012
  • qtwrkqtwrk Member

Before I went to vps, I was using namecheap.com

Their service, and specially live chat is just amazing.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • sonicsonic Veteran

Buyshared, Dreamhost. Nothing better in my mind.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Thanks for all your suggestions. I see I have a lot to work with.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Maybe interested with our hosting features in the shared hosting offer thread :)

• bersybersy Member

1pwh.uk

• leckleyleckley Member

Personally I would choose us :)

• Namecheap

• @jarland since when you in web hosting market? Is it the the same one/ocean cpanel boxes?

• XEOVOXEOVO Member

Try our shared hosting, you won't regret!

• @TheKiller said:
    ImpactShared.com

Great service, been using it for almost a year.

They also have 50% off right now:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2212273/#Comment_2212273

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Been offering shared hosting for around 6 years now: LINK I very rarely push it, it just works :) I don't offer resellers account which keeps it clean and functional.

Oh noes! No Alf-Alpha-Super-Duper-Mega-Reseller accounts?

• Go with mediatemple.net if you want peace of mind.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Amitz said: Oh noes! No Alf-Alpha-Super-Duper-Mega-Reseller accounts?

I don't like the idea of customers, customers, customers, customers being able to put stuff on my servers :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2017

jarland said: Overselling is required to compete on shared

Majority of shared hosting companies are do oversell with everything unlimited, the customer is not aware that hard drives and network port has restriction, as it will be impossible to use 50TB of storage and 5000TB of bandwidth per month on 1Gbps shared network port.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Not really even limited specs are oversold to helll !! This is why we do not like to oversell like them and our current customers can testify that .

• GravelyGravely Member

ExtraVM (@MikeA) has a current promotion on for $12/year https://u4p.co/GD5MX

• emgemg Veteran

I have been using InMotion Hosting as a shared hosting provider for one year with great support and service. My focus is primarily email, which has been very good, but not perfect.

http://www.inmotionhosting.com

I DO NOT recommend any EIG-owned shared hosting companies. There are many of them, and they all have terrible service in common. Despite having many brand names, EIG is consolidating all of their brands under one common operation. EIG brands include HostGator, Arvixe, A Small Orange, and many more. My experiences with them have been universally bad, very bad indeed.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012