Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spent $500+ to buy a domain name which will be deleted after 6 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I spent $500+ to buy a domain name which will be deleted after 6 days

I spent $500+ to buy a domain name( ****.net ) today, which has 4 characters, and find that it has expired and will be deleted after 6 days, am I crazy? If I choose not to buy it, is it possible for me to register it with $10+ after one week?

Comments

• @amicrazy said:
    I spent $500+ to buy a domain name( ****.net ) today, which has 4 characters, and find that it has expired and will be deleted after 6 days, am I crazy? If I choose not to buy it, is it possible for me to register it with $10+ after one week?

Not likely

• quickquick Member
    edited May 2017

So you own the domain and can see it on your registrars panel, but it is expired . Just try to renew it?

• @quick said:
    So you own the domain and can see it on your registrars panel, but it is expired . Just try to renew it?

It hasn't expired yet, after 6 days it will expire, then my registrar will send it to me, presently it does not belong to me.

• @amicrazy said:

@quick said:

It hasn't expired yet, after 6 days it will expire, then my registrar will send it to me, presently it does not belong to me.

I mean that it hasn't be deleted yet, it will take 75 days to delete a .com domain name.

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Dont do it, anything 4 characters will be picked up the millisecond it drops.

• you must use some drop catcher machine AKA backorder services.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

So you spent $500 but the ownership hasn't been transferred to you? What did you pay this money for then ?

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Clouvider said:
    So you spent $500 but the ownership hasn't been transferred to you? What did you pay this money for then ?

Looks like OP is trying to acquire a 4 character domain, but does not want to fork over 500 usd for it, so he's waiting for the domain to expire to snatch it up for nothing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

No way this is going wrong.

• The question is, did you already buy the domain or not ?

• wilbowilbo Member

I think OP backordered it from a registrar. There is no way a 4 letter .com domain will be there waiting for you to register when it expires. 4 letter domains go for like a minimum of $200 on the open market.

• ricardoricardo Member

Do a WHOIS on the domain and tell us what it says in the STATUS field, and tell us who you bought it from (whether a registrar or someone else)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

The OP, who signed up less than three hours ago, is probably a fly-by-nighter.

• YuraYura Member

Give me your $500 before you lose it like a dum-dum.

• teperteper Member

if it is a 4 L .net then you might have over estimated its value
    If .com then it is a totally a different story