Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocketrix's First Giveaway [Free KVM VPS (Gaming) DDoS Protection/ Account Credits]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rocketrix's First Giveaway [Free KVM VPS (Gaming) DDoS Protection/ Account Credits]

RocketrixRocketrix Member
edited May 2017 in Offers

Hello this is our 2nd offer and to say Hello LET members in a better way we decided to do a giveaway instead of posting our pricing and products.

We will pick 4 Winners and will credit them 5 Dollars each to their accounts at Rocketrix.

To take a part in the giveaway please head to our client area, create account then open a sponsorship ticket.

Your name:

Your Profile link (LET's One):

Giveaway ID: #LET1CC (You must include the giveaway ID)

Winners will be announced on the 7th of may.
Links:

Comments

• Ticket Created #490362

• So... You want my personal details for A CHANCE of getting this for month:

1vCPU
    512 MB RAM
    6GB SSD
    Linux only

Am I right?

• @singhigh said:
    Ticket Created #490362

Thanks for taking a part in the giveaway, we will update this thread once we pick the winners.

• @MrPsycho said:
    So... You want my personal details for A CHANCE of getting this for month:

> 1vCPU
    > 512 MB RAM
    > 6GB SSD
    > Linux only
    > 

Am I right?

Ehm ehm, sorry but your personal details arent important for us that much :), you will get account credits which can be used to order any other service.

Also why would a very important man like you practice in a free giveaway? am really interested to hear the answer .

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2017

@Rocketrix said:

@MrPsycho said:

> > 1vCPU
    > > 512 MB RAM
    > > 6GB SSD
    > > Linux only
    > > 

Am I right?

Ehm ehm, sorry but your personal details arent important for us that much :), you will get account credits which can be used to order any other service.

Also why would a very important man like you practice in a free giveaway? am really interested to hear the answer .

So you mean to say that a person looking closely at terms of an offer for a free VPS posted on a public forum (LowEndTalk, of all places) should not give a fuck about his own privacy unless he is important enough?

What kind of logic is that?

You have only been here a couple of weeks trying to peddle your wares. No need to act like a dick with prospective clients who could very well make the difference is helping you see through another month or deadpool :)

PS: Forgot the damn smiley.

Thanked by 1Rocketrix
  • ehabehab Member

@Rocketrix said:

Correct details are important for any provider. This limits abusers and fake accounts.

Maybe @MrPsycho wanted to say the offer can be improved in terms of specs or credit amount.

last comment from me, all good member in LET are important and you can win them or loose them with replies. If you reply with smart comments like above you will see what happens.

• OP is offering free giveaways and people are only complaining lol.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 brueggus
  • @K4Y5 said:

@Rocketrix said:

@MrPsycho said:

> > > 1vCPU
    > > > 512 MB RAM
    > > > 6GB SSD
    > > > Linux only
    > > > 

Am I right?

So you mean to say that a person looking closely at terms of an offer for a free VPS posted on a public forum (LowEndTalk, of all places) should not give a fuck about his own privacy unless he is important enough?

What kind of logic is that?

You have only been here a couple of weeks trying to peddle your wares. No need to act like a dick with prospective clients who could very well make the difference is helping you see through another month or deadpool :)

PS: Forgot the damn smiley.

Totally agree with you we know the value of the clients information, We just decided to do a giveaway instead of posting our pricing threads and he wanted to be funny :) thats it.

• ehab said: Maybe @MrPsycho wanted to say the offer can be improved in terms of specs or credit amount.

I wanted to say that I'm not going to sell my details for a CHANCE of getting something.

Rocketrix said: Ehm ehm, sorry but your personal details arent important for us that much

How about that I tell you that (surprise, surprise!) you don't manage my details so I don't give a fuck how much they are worth for you. They are owned by me and I'm the only one who can evaluate how much my details are worth. Moreover I evaluate them to be worth more than a CHANCE of getting cheapish VPS for month from unknown provider.

Rocketrix said: you will get account credits which can be used to order any other service.

There is a huge difference between "you will get" and "you will have a chance to get". Pure manipulation.

Rocketrix said: Also why would a very important man like you practice in a free giveaway?

Why do you assume that I would participate in this bull$hit? I woudn't.

Rocketrix said: we know the value of the clients information,

Rocketrix said: but your personal details arent important for us that much

lol?

So I assume that you know how much worth are details of dozens customers, but in meanwhile don't giva a fuck about single customer, because details of single person aren't worth on market anything.

stefeman said: OP is offering free giveaways and people are only complaining lol.

To all reading this: THIS IS NOT a free giveaway. Lack of payment in traditional way (money) doesn't mean that something is free. You are clearly selling you details for a CHANCE of getting something. If you think that's ok, why don't you participate in iPhone giveaways?

The woman came to the doctor
    He examined her and that he was a private doctor, it came in the end to pay.
    The woman starts to undress and says:
    - I have no money with me so I will pay you in kind. 
    The doctor scratched his head and thought,
    -"Well, since I can not get the money, it's good and that.
    Before proceeding to collect the fee, however, he looked at the woman and asked. 
    - Why do you have such a black belly?
    - Aaa, I just paid for charcoal.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • ... and here is a pro tip for you @Rocketrix how you should create giveaways so noone can have problems with that.

1. Create a thread with giveaway here, at LET
    2. Draw winners from "In this Discussion" tab on the right
    3. Let winners register on your website and later ask them via LET PM what's their e-mail address.
    Thanked by 1Rocketrix
  • didtavdidtav Member

@Rocketrix said:
    Ehm ehm, sorry but your personal details arent important for us that much :)

wow (0.0)/

• @didtav said:

@Rocketrix said:
    Ehm ehm, sorry but your personal details arent important for us that much :)

wow (0.0)/

Haha Are you surprised? yes because we just use them for our security and to contact the customer whenever its needed, But we will not sell/release them.

• @MrPsycho said:
    ... and here is a pro tip for you @Rocketrix how you should create giveaways so noone can have problems with that.

1. Create a thread with giveaway here, at LET
    2. Draw winners from "In this Discussion" tab on the right
    3. Let winners register on your website and later ask them via LET PM what's their e-mail address.

Thanks now your reply is useful :) i will make sure to discuss that way with the other staff at Rocketrix.

• m3gfm3gf Member

oh,come on . be nice to a new provider...instead of making arguments everywhere....

• Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • Where is your vps selling offer?

• BopieBopie Member

I not here to bash, How are you offering 960Gbps protection? What hardware is that? and my last question is where are your servers located?

I genuinely like the "960Gbps protection" and could use it for some personal stuff but need more details.

If you tell me OVH i am going to shoot my self and simply facepalm.

• @Bopie said:

They are unmetered bandwidth and game servers point to OVH

• BopieBopie Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Bopie said:

That still dont explain the 960Gbps advertised protection as ovh do not even advertise that much lol

• @Bopie said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Bopie said:

That still dont explain the 960Gbps advertised protection as ovh do not even advertise that much lol

It was an old number OVH threw about.

• BopieBopie Member

They give a very clear number here https://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/ddos-attack-management.xml which is 480Gbps not 960Gbps

• @Bopie said:
    They give a very clear number here https://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/ddos-attack-management.xml which is 480Gbps not 960Gbps

480Gbps * 2 (FR/CA) = 960Gbps

Thats where the number originates from

• BopieBopie Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Bopie said:

You will have to forgive me as I just don't understand it all myself, to be honest, There sites says specifically that 3 data centres will handle the mitigation and the total is 480, it does not mention that each site i.e fr/ca has 480Gbps each.

I have asked some other people who are affiliated with OVH and they all said 480Gbps as well i mean I may be wrong and if I am then hell i will hold my hands up and admit defeat.

Can you send me a link as to the information of 2x480Gbps ?

• teamaccteamacc Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Bopie said:

By that logic you now have about 7x480gbit ddos mitigation. GRA/RBX/SBG/BHS/SGP/SYD/WAW.

The traffic coming in towards the server is vacuumed up by the 3 VACs, with a total mitigation capacity of 480 Gbps (3 x 160 Gbps), hosted in 3 OVH datacentres.

Please re-read that sentence from the ovh site.

And if that didn't make it clear enough, here's another excerpt from ovh:

When the attack is on a global scale, the mitigation services, replicated in 3 OVH datacentres on 2 continents (Beauharnois, Roubaix and Strasbourg), are simultaneously activated so as to group together their collective power and absorb the flow. The total capacity of mitigation is 480 Gbps (3 x 160 Gbps).