Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Ask) Would 8 GB RAM VPS need VPS or Dededicated cpanel license?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Ask) Would 8 GB RAM VPS need VPS or Dededicated cpanel license?

hi
i want to know if 8 gb ram KVM vps could run with vps cpanel license or it need dedicated cpanel license?
i would also use cloudlinux on that vps
thanks for answer

Comments

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

If it's a VPS, the VPS licence will be fine regardless of the RAM/CPU etc.

• Fairly certain theres no RAM limits on their VPS license, it just has to be a VPS essentially.

• okey thanks for reply all :)
    it really help me

• Lol.. Of course it should be VPS license

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

many providers get around the license costs by making a large vps (from the whole node) so you get full power but pay vps license costs.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:
    many providers get around the license costs by making a large vps (from the whole node) so you get full power but pay vps license costs.

All providers should do this, it makes sense.

• @pbgben said:

@TarZZ92 said:

Plus easier backups, just create an image/dump of the VPS, and restore it easily when something bad happens.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pbgben said:

@TarZZ92 said:

This would push cPanel to start differentiating before 'small VPS' and 'Large VPS' which would kill it for all those using this beautiful oversold OpenVZ boxes ;-).

• pbgben said: All providers should do this, it makes sense.

like speedykvm,

• @TarZZ92 said:

If everybody will do this cpanel will have cash problems and will introduce a cpu or core limits to licenses.

My case: I need to convert 3 cpanel servers (8 cores per server) into 1 big server (48 cores) and wanted to create a big vps where I will pay only $13/m instead of $102/m for 3 servers.

I'm still not decided if I'll go with regular license or vps license for the new server.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

AndreiGhesi said: If everybody will do this cpanel will have cash problems and will introduce a cpu or core limits to licenses.

many of the "larger" providers already do this.

• teamaccteamacc Member

Having a dedicated license has the added benefit that you only need to maintain one installation. When virtualizing everything you'll need to maintain the host and the guest OS, which might be costly for some organizations.

• piero66piero66 Member

vps license will work