Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help from someone with a idle KVM server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help from someone with a idle KVM server

carcosacarcosa Member
edited May 2017 in Help

I have been running into issues installing a script on my OVZ box running Ubuntu14.
Basically when i run the python installer it runs to a certain point and then just crashes.
At first i thought it was the script itself but i also ran it on a test VMware install of Ubuntu14 via the minimal server ISO and it worked flawlessly.

So if someone can help me run a test on a KVM based server to rule out that it is the OVZ platform causing issues i would really appreciate it.

If you can help me out please try running this script on an instance of Ubuntu14.04

>

unzip 2.13.0.zip

>

cd Geotrek-admin-2.13.0

>

chmod a+x install.sh

>

./install.sh

When the settings file opens just :wq to continue on with the install.

The project is a map server using python and PostGIS and is available on github in case you want to look at the source code before running it.

Comments

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited May 2017

Why don't you just spin up server at DO or Vultr for an hour? Both have Ubuntu 14.04.

Edit: If you are a cheap bastard, DO gives you $10 to start with if you use referral link. Here is mine.

If this won't help you either, I'll run it on my KVM instance, but that would be tomorrow as I need to sleep.

• carcosacarcosa Member

Id rather not add my CC info to DO for a 5 min test.
    Thanks though i didnt think of that route and this has been driving me crazy trying to troubleshoot it.

• seanhoseanho Member

DO accepts PayPal, too.

• carcosacarcosa Member

Thank you but this has been sorted now.