Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WordPress backup and updates service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WordPress backup and updates service

squibssquibs Member

I'm looking for a firm to take over updates for a decent portfolio of WP sites. Would probably be looking at autoupdates for minor releases, and manual updates for core/themes/plugins several times/year with an update pushed forward if there's a known vulnerability for a major plugin. Also taking care of occasional issues caused by updates (css, etc) with rollback if not fixable.

Anyone know a decent provider?

Comments

• Not sure if you have the technical knowledge but as for the backup aspect this could be easily achieved using tools such as duplicity and CDP.me

As for updates I'm sure you can set it to auto update?

Thanked by 1squibs
  • spammyspammy Member

Take a look at InfiniteWP, I think that's a pretty good one to manage updates for multiple WP sites.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited May 2017

Thanks folks - I currently use mainWP and Updraft. Updraft has the backups covered, and mainWP makes updates easier but the updates still take time, and it's not a job I enjoy, so I'd rather outsource it. Autoupdates can definitely mess up a site, especially with more complex plugins and template frameworks. I tend to autoupdate what's safe and manually do the rest then check that all is well on the site.

• UmairUmair Member

@squibs

Can I get more info on this? How many domains ? Space needed? etc.
    I might be able to help.

Thanks