Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any decent competitor to buyshared reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any decent competitor to buyshared reseller?

seenuseenu Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

Hello,
Any provider providing services like buyshared?

i am fully satisfied with them but my only problem is, they don't want to do backups for free and asking $1 for each site.

i want to move my reseller sites to other provider but i want them to handle backup/restore from my current provider.

note: i will be keeping my buyshared reseller, this is for another reseller account.
i expect a decent one please.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Handling backups as in holding them for you for when you need them or holding some in case their system crashes? If you want a managed setup it will cost more so just go with Fran

• seenuseenu Member

Sorry i don't get what you mean.

but i mean....moving sites from other reseller provider

• MXshared, impactshared

Thanked by 2seenu Awmusic12635
  • Why should they provide backups for free? $1 per site is reasonable. You couldn't do it for free could you?

• seenuseenu Member
    1. they didn't provide me option to restore from backup option so i have to download and upload all files.

2. it will be easy for them to import using restore from backup or i guess there is another to import all sites from a whm using ssh key

3. i am not complaining about them, i am just telling my problem and asking for a solution.

Thanks.

• sonicsonic Veteran

It isnt easy to beat Buyshared at price/features/performance.

Thanked by 2nocker MTUser2012
  • seenuseenu Member

yes, i agree

closest i come across is @WPF wpfastest.com

Thanked by 1nocker
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@seenu said:
    Hello,
    Any provider providing services like buyshared?

i am fully satisfied with them but my only problem is, they don't want to do backups for free and asking $1 for each site.

i want to move my reseller sites to other provider but i want them to handle backup/restore from my current provider.

note: i will be keeping my buyshared reseller, this is for another reseller account.
    i expect a decent one please.

Sure, here you go - https://goo.gl/7i96e1

• MridulMridul Member
    edited May 2017

Its hard to beat them , its simply superb. But nevertheless, Try HudsonVally or XiNiX both have decent reseller plans.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

There's an excellent alternative - www.virmach.com
    The new hosting infrastructure is pretty damn fast.
    @Virmach

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • seenuseenu Member

Thanks for the replies.

for now i decided to go with wpfastest.com and will provide a review soon.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

seenu said: they didn't provide me option to restore from backup option so i have to download and upload all files.

There is no way to allow users to restore their own full account backups, it's a security and it's not just us being paranoid, cPanel simply doesn't offer a way for resellers to restore backups because of it.

The initial round of accounts are done free but all future ones we do charge.

If you only have a few I can spot you a few imports but if it's a constant thing then yeah, we'll likely have to charge something due to the time involved.

Francisco

• Good luck at wpfastest.com , $15 for an unlimited reseller, is really something O.o, do tell us about the server loads etc ~

• seenuseenu Member

@Francisco said:

There is no way to allow users to restore their own full account backups, it's a security and it's not just us being paranoid, cPanel simply doesn't offer a way for resellers to restore backups because of it.

Oh i didn't knew that, i have seen that option on a dedi so i thought that option can be enabled for resellers.

The initial round of accounts are done free but all future ones we do charge.

Yep

If you only have a few I can spot you a few imports but if it's a constant thing then yeah, we'll likely have to charge something due to the time involved.

I have 25 utilizing around 20GB space and i can take a new reseller for it, if you can do it.

@hostloving said:
    Good luck at wpfastest.com , $15 for an unlimited reseller, is really something O.o, do tell us about the server loads etc ~

most of my sites belongs to clients where i don't think even 100 visits will be there for each site in a month..... my only concern is, when clients opens their website...it should not be down.
    but i will do check server loads and will give a honest review after a month.

seenu said: I have 25 utilizing around 20GB space and i can take a new reseller for it, if you can do it.

Sure, that's fine.

Francisco

• Hudson valley has been down for three days now. Yes, all sites down for three days. They have some mySQL corruption and they are unable to provide any ETA :(

• Use Impact shared, ask on their live chat for discount codes, they have many times. It is much better in terms of performance than Buyshared

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • @mansoor said:
    Hudson valley has been down for three days now. Yes, all sites down for three days. They have some mySQL corruption and they are unable to provide any ETA :(

HudsonValleyGhost?

@Nick

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:

@mansoor said:
    Hudson valley has been down for three days now. Yes, all sites down for three days. They have some mySQL corruption and they are unable to provide any ETA :(

HudsonValleyGhost?

@Nick

Shared server labeled "titanium" has indeed had a bumpy last few days. Replacement was built, racked and migrations have been underway for the 3.2TB's of client data to the new system.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Nick said:
    Shared server labeled "titanium"

Should've used unobtainium ;)

• MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited June 2017

Buyshared's server load atm.

• @MissFortune which server and location?

A bit high for 24 cores, there's a good chance there's a wordpress brute hitting it.

I've been working on something to work with said bruteforces. I haven't been able to get mod_security to do what I want so I'll likely have to do something a lot more clever to get the bots to screw off.

Francisco

• @dimitrisp said:
    @MissFortune which server and location?

CLOUDLINUX 6.9 x86_64 standard – lv-shared01 cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 24) Load Averages: 24.07 24.10 24.88

I hope it goes down sooner or later.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2017

Wait a couple of weeks and there might be a few new players on the scene #summer

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@seenu said:
    1. they didn't provide me option to restore from backup option so i have to download and upload all files.

1. it will be easy for them to import using restore from backup or i guess there is another to import all sites from a whm using ssh key

2. i am not complaining about them, i am just telling my problem and asking for a solution.

Thanks.

Would you work on something for 1 USD?

Keep staff on call to do stuff for 1 USD?

No. Now how you expect them to do it for free ?

Thanked by 2saf31 BeardyUnixGuy
  • I can vouch for CrownCloud, been there for quite some time and never had any technical issues nor bad performance. I left due to not getting their renewal emails and getting my account canceled because of it. Not their fault, not mine, but I wouldn't blame mxroute either, so just decided to left in a way to prevent future issues and to give BuyShared a try. Always wanted to try BuyShared. I like @Francisco and tend to support people I like. Didn't went there before because they weren't accepting my country, but they are now :D

• @Francisco said:
    A bit high for 24 cores, there's a good chance there's a wordpress brute hitting it.

I've been working on something to work with said bruteforces. I haven't been able to get mod_security to do what I want so I'll likely have to do something a lot more clever to get the bots to screw off.

Francisco

Shove this in the TOS: any account causing excess load will be suspended. The security of your websites depend on YOUR configuration, so for example: renaming /wp-admin could save you from having disciplinary actions placed.

@doghouch said:
    Shove this in the TOS: any account causing excess load will be suspended. The security of your websites depend on YOUR configuration, so for example: renaming /wp-admin could save you from having disciplinary actions placed.

Fair, but expecting people to firewall their wp-login's is not going to happen and turn into a few hundred tickets in queue.

Instead, working on some sort of system on my end is better use of my time. I want to expand my anti-spam system and make it help cleanup after messes, but I get limited feedback from sendmail/cloudlinux to work with. Right now I just check through the log once a week or so and throw .htaccess files here/there to cleanup and send the client a ticket.

Francisco