Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing High CPU Droplets (DigitalOcean)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing High CPU Droplets (DigitalOcean)

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member

Any sneak-peak regarding pricing without having to sign up? @jarland

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@teamacc said:
    Any sneak-peak regarding pricing without having to sign up? @jarland

All I will say is that it's pretty good stuff :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • williewillie Member

I signed up and got a robo-email saying they will get back to me.

• Cpu?

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Get a slice droplet!

• m3gfm3gf Member

Get a slice droplet!

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Serving ad's, indeed. signed up :P

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Droplet is better than slice ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hostdare said:
    Droplet is better than slice ;)

Lets have this conversation when DO sells and the new owners gotta figure out a way to make back the X billion dollars they had to pay in :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1asf

I still don't have my yacht that Fran promised me.

@jarland said:
    I still don't have my yacht that Fran promised me.

We'll talk when you start telling people to get slices ;)

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar

Francisco said: We'll talk when you start telling people to get slices ;)

Oh I do, you know BuyVM remains my highest recommendation ;)

@jarland said:

Francisco said: We'll talk when you start telling people to get slices ;)

Oh I do, you know BuyVM remains my highest recommendation ;)

Welp, I can't do a boat yet, but how's some free booze in Vegas? I'll be there for 3+ months, I told Ryan to get his ass over there.

Francisco

edited May 2017

That investor stuff is different for DO ;) I am happy my DO stuff though . No harm is intended while using investors money .

edited May 2017

Francisco said: Welp, I can't do a boat yet, but how's some free booze in Vegas? I'll be there for 3+ months, I told Ryan to get his ass over there.

You need to come to Texas man. I'm about to head to NY in a couple weeks, after buying a house. Good way to deplete the funds ;)

@hostdare said:
    That investor stuff is different for DO ;) I am happy my DO stuff though . No harm is intended while using investors money .

People like to knock it, but every good business starts with investment. Tons of great companies started with investment by big time investors, not just the owner forking over their expendable cash. What is typical for me is that if I don't believe something has the potential to succeed, but I can't speak out about it, I just keep my mouth shut. I believe DO has a great future. If I didn't, I'd have an updated copy of my resume on hand. I don't.

You can accuse me of a lot of things, but not being in tune with the industry is not one of them. This industry runs through my veins now. Combine that with the fact that I'm mildly intoxicated at this moment, which anyone who knows me knows makes me an open book, and consider these words in that context:

DO has an amazing future ahead.

edited May 2017

Why will I accuse you man :) I love DO for the features !! All big business need investment to start .I invest big time in shares for other companies so I know how it starts . You may fail or succeed which depends on how it is executed . But for what I can see do is doing great for now and as a customer I only care that ;)

Also getting investment in hosting is not easy based on the competition here . The way do is getting investment shows that they are doing something right !!

Not to downvote feelings to slice but feature wise , we need to accept we cannot beat DO at least for now :) BUT HEY our market is different than do .We target low end and while do target is middle end .

Thanked by 1jar