Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Francisco Making the Dough
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Francisco Making the Dough

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Frantech-Solutions-Salaries-E471580.htm

Other "facts" from GlassDoor:

I take all this "data" with a huge grain of salt. I know what my employer pays for some IT positions and Glassdoor is inaccurate on those.

(BTW, you'll need to login for some of this but I've never given Glassdoor any money so at least seeing this stuff is free but may require a login).

Thanked by 1cassa

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm not a CEO though?

There is another Frantech around, I can't remember what they do but they own the .com I think.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: I'm not a CEO though?

There is another Frantech around, I can't remember what they do but they own the .com I think.

If you click on "overview" it says Frantech.ca. You're busted!

I did look at frantech.com - Not sure what a Microsoft Pinpoint Partner is. Maybe making maps for Encarta '95.

• @raindog308 said:
    Not sure what a Microsoft Pinpoint Partner is. Maybe making maps for Encarta '95.

LOOOOOL

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Ok. So whoever posted that income must be confused between .Ca and .Com

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Well, doesn't GlassDoor require you to post a review or salary about your job before you can look up salaries and other data from companies? Most of them are fake (not saying the ones you listed, just in general), unless they changed it in the past year and made it where you can view it all free.

• @Francisco share the wealth big fella.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

To be honest not many in the low-end will be making that much salary or even that much turn over per month . To be paying 100k or more ,company need to making at least making a few millions per year which is not easy in hosting .

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KeKe said:
    @Francisco share the wealth big fella.

I gave you all slices.

Are you not entertained?!

Francisco

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@Francisco said:

@KeKe said:

I gave you all slices.

Francisco

I don't want a plain slice. I want a slice of cherry pie. ;)

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@doghouch said:

@Francisco said:

@KeKe said:

I gave you all slices.

Francisco

I don't want a plain slice. I want a slice of cherry pie. ;)

Sorry Aldryc is all out of those at this time. :P

Thanked by 2hostdare tux
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MikeA said:
    Well, doesn't GlassDoor require you to post a review or salary about your job before you can look up salaries and other data from companies? Most of them are fake (not saying the ones you listed, just in general), unless they changed it in the past year and made it where you can view it all free.

I've found their reviews to be quite accurate and I've seen nothing resembling mostly fake, at least nothing that sets off any alarms for me.

@raindog308 said:

It's hard to get past the honeymoon stage when you work with people you'd consider friends, love the work, and the company takes care of you. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the only people with better health coverage are members of congress.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

@MikeA said:

I've found their reviews to be quite accurate and I've seen nothing resembling mostly fake, at least nothing that sets off any alarms for me.

Might be the case now, I just know a long time ago the way they forced you to post a review or salary before you could view any data about companies seemed a bit silly, since usually people go there to lookup what it was asking you to share.

• frkfrk Member

@jarland said:
    It's hard to get past the honeymoon stage when you work with people you'd consider friends, love the work, and the company takes care of you. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the only people with better health coverage are members of congress.

There are different classes of health coverage in your country? Oh boy, being from germoney I thought it was some kind of "you are insured or you are not insured" in the USA. :o

frk said: There are different classes of health coverage in your country? Oh boy, being from germoney I thought it was some kind of "you are insured or you are not insured" in the USA. :o

Lots of different health insurance companies and different plans, with different costs. The best of the best is when you get on a group plan with a company that cares more about it's quality than it's cost.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @jarland said:

frk said: There are different classes of health coverage in your country? Oh boy, being from germoney I thought it was some kind of "you are insured or you are not insured" in the USA. :o

Lots of different health insurance companies and different plans, with different costs. The best of the best is when you get on a group plan with a company that cares more about it's quality than it's cost.

From my understanding, smart companies use great insurance as a motive for employee retention (assuming they also hire top dogs). That's because companies don't negotiate insurance packages on a per employee basis, so if an employer leaves and goes to company B, he/she needs to migrate to whatever package company B has.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MikeA said: Well, doesn't GlassDoor require you to post a review or salary about your job before you can look up salaries and other data from companies? Most of them are fake (not saying the ones you listed, just in general), unless they changed it in the past year and made it where you can view it all free.

No, it's never been like that, at least for the last few years. You have to sign up but after that I think you can look up everything...I only really use it to read snarky reviews of my own employer.

I think you misunderstand. As an example, my employer offers 3 or 4 health plans. They all offer basic levels of service, but you can decide what's best for you...e.g., if you're a healthy 19yo who doesn't take any medication, maybe the el cheapo plan is for you. OTOH if you're a 45yo who takes multiple meds, has several children, has a chronic condition that requires ongoing care, etc. maybe you want to pay more up front since you'll know you'll use it, etc.

It's not like "oh sorry, you had a heart attack, you're not on a plan that covers it". It's more like "you pay 20% of doctor's visits and a small monthly, or you can pay a larger monthly and then it's 10% of doctor's visits costs," etc.

Francisco said: Are you not entertained?!

Thanked by 2Francisco dimon222
  • YuraYura Member

@Francisco said:
    I'm not a CEO though?

>

Sorry, we thought you got the memo... :(

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Plot twist: @raindog308 created the salary submission before making the thread.

• VPNVPN Member

@MikeA said:

I can't speak for the US site but the UK Glassdoor site is very accurate from what I've used of it. That's based on salaries in companies I've worked in and roles I've done where I know roughly what people are being paid already.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • saf31saf31 Member

This explains the towel dance.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Francisco
  • jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

Other "facts" from GlassDoor: KnownHost pays $13/hr for tech staff?

lol nope.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • raindog308 said: KnownHost pays $13/hr for tech staff?

We don't even start our Interns that low.

• RizRiz Member

@jarland said:

@raindog308 said:

Heh. A lot companies have poor healthcare options - I've used it as a negotiation point multiple times now. Between that and 401k options, I've been flabbergasted at how little most employees actually understand about what they're paying for.

• RizRiz Member

@MikeA said:

Nope - just register for an account. It could be different overseas, but here in the US I've found it to be pretty accurate across the board at different places. I use GD to review things quite a bit for both employers, and contracts. Usually, the expectations are pretty similar to what I read / expect, and it helps to understand how the org actually operates as a culture.

Next to DO - Chef is pretty interesting, especially as their (old I think?) CEO actually read through the feedback left my employees. https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Chef-Software-Reviews-E444809.htm

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

How can I submit my data, I want to be earning 1.337M

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Nice DO feedback. Lucky employees

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said:

Lucky for now. DO is an unsustainable "business model" and it will crash and burn. Mark my words.

VC + Hosting = ...well, anyone remember BurstNET?

• @jonathanspw said:

@jcaleb said:

Lucky for now. DO is an unsustainable "business model" and it will crash and burn. Mark my words.

Highly doubt it. I'm a student and I top up for just one off test VPSes. Recently wanted to try ansible just used a 6 hour VM on DO. They are evolving and today announced high CPU droplets and finally (fucking finally) announced dates for block storage in London. The hourly billed bit has always got me as it means as it says I pay for what I use

@jonathanspw said:

@jcaleb said:

What in the world about us reminds you of BurstNET?

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited May 2017

@jarland said:

@jonathanspw said:

@jcaleb said:

What in the world about us reminds you of BurstNET?

You both make use of blue as your primary color in your logo and website.

According to that theory, Blue = Dead pool.

Thanked by 3jar netomx yomero