Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ban Hammer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Ban Hammer

Kinda bored at work, and want a good laugh.
What are some of the best stories on LET that resulted in dropping the Ban Hammer?

Thanked by 1imok

Comments

• Thanked by 1quick
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Ishaq has been less tolerant recently, so some of the long-running freak shows get nipped in the bud.

xfuse and the entire GVH debacle was a classic. Not sure if anyone was ever banned. I seen to recall his wife came here and insulted us all with the word dildo repeatedly.

mtwiscool 's incredible (in the literal sense of that word) schemes were entertaining. 32mb.club, where you could have hundreds of customers on a single SATA drive because everyone knows that LET users just sign up to let their stuff idle, so it scales. I'm still waiting for his world-wide "one SSID" wifi network.

I still remember DepotVPS_Shane though he was really just a low-grade mtwiscool. He had YouTube vids of him building his nodes with Best Buy parts.

One of my favorites was the "free VPS by phone" guy. Can't find the thread now, but essentially the scheme was that you the customer would call a phone number and listen to ads. If you listened to enough ads, you'd earn a free VPS. Someone did the math and realized it was listening for 90 hours a month to get a 512 or something. The poster said "well, you can just dial and set the receiver down and walk away..."

Love,
    LowEndHistorian

• NekkiNekki Veteran

The best story was clearly the insanity that was SZ1. From amiable, friendly 'host-with-L-plates' to complete fucking lunatic over the course of a few months.

Thanked by 3JahAGR Pwner netomx
  • BG32BG32 Member

Seems pretty boring now days

• NekkiNekki Veteran

BG32 said: Seems pretty boring now days

That's because we fuck everyone out of here ASAP. History has taught us not to be so tolerant.

Thanked by 2Pwner netomx
  • @Nekki Like the recent DriveOne thread? Post to business destroyed in ~45 minutes?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

der_wolf said: @Nekki Like the recent DriveOne thread? Post to business destroyed in ~45 minutes?

Pretty much, although that guy was a special kind of stupid.

Thanked by 1netomx

Oh! I found the phone thread. Turns out it's actually a 1.5GB VPS and only took 4166 minutes (69 hours) of listening...but unmetered!

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/13686/vpsbycall-free-vps-over-the-phone-1-5-gb-ram-20-gb-hdd-100-mbps-unmetered/

Thanked by 1Bochi

I'd also list Johnny Nguyen's suicide threats and police raid as classic history.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

There was the CurtisG insanity....and who was the little cunt who hacked RamNode? Robert something?

• teamaccteamacc Member

@der_wolf said:
    @Nekki Like the recent DriveOne thread? Post to business destroyed in ~45 minutes?

That puts very low value to the word business.

• @raindog308 said:
    Oh! I found the phone thread.

Before my time here so thanks for sharing. That was awesome.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Joshua Prout. Stay tuned for his next ban. Should be any day now.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Why was @WSS banned? This easter some of us got an offer from @vmbox because of him, with "WSS" coupon code.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2017

@default said:
    Why was @WSS banned? This easter some of us got an offer from @vmbox because of him, with "WSS" coupon code.

As far as I understand, he didn't to follow clear mod instructions.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2017

cociu ban was epic, given history of it (legendary "sister name" etc.). And maybe GVH Johny?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

It was Robert Clarke , but he is little grown up. Now

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@hostdare said:
    It was Robert Clarke , but he is little grown up. Now

He is still around as well. I got a PM from him not to long ago about IPs. Not too sure I trust anyone with his background, truth be told.

I have been following let for long time . I can tell that he maybe a good guy but he was in high adrenaline mood while doing that . He used to think RamNode as this direct competitor at that time and many direct competing offers !!

• @LTniger said:
    cociu ban was epic, given history of it (legendary "sister name" etc.). And maybe GVH Johny?

He got banned?

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Who ? There are two different person !!

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@hostdare said:
    I have been following let for long time . I can tell that he maybe a good guy but he was in high adrenaline mood while doing that . He used to think RamNode as this direct competitor at that time and many direct competing offers !!

Sorry man even at my craziest, and believe me I have gone off the fucking walls, I would never use an exploit in that way. Especially against some one like Nick. All he has ever done is help this community, and try to make a living. Direct competition or not, makes no damned difference, when you see the harm that was done to clients. They had nothing to do with nothing, and neither did Nick. That was just a low blow and not something you do, unless you are complete dick.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • The hostsolution one

edited May 2017

Yeah I know that is kind of crazy shit that he has done as a kid . I expect him now as a grown up person .

edited May 2017

@jetchirag said:
    The hostsolution one

It was kind of meme

" Do you have a sister ? "

He got banned and then unbanned ;) it was funny temperament fight between @cociu and one customer

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cociucociu Member

hmmm ...

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@cociu said:
    hmmm ...

Don't mind them man they are just talking. I am sure no offense is meant, or implied here.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • cociucociu Member

AuroraZ said: I am sure no offense is meant, or implied here.

i dont like when one is meeting sisters , was all mine reserved before !!

Thanked by 3AuroraZ hostdare netomx

Yeah I like that line of cociu still ;) I mention when get a chance

• cjdcjd Member

What was the story with Delimiter again? Someone signed up to their service with a high traffic site and they treated them like shit? They used to be highly thought of here, amirite?!