Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill

I just purchased the hostbill data center edition and I was just actually looking at the provisioning modules it has. I noticed that it doesn't have any dedicated server provisioning modules. Does anyone have a module for provisioning dedicated servers I have a full cabinet of servers 40U 1U servers that I would love to hook up and have auto provisioning does anyone have a module that they use with hostbill for this or would I have to get a custom make?

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

so you have 40server?

• @pbgben said:
    so you have 40server?

Yes 40 1U servers.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Does it have an NOC-PS module?

• @randvegeta said:
    Does it have an NOC-PS module?

No not that I can see included in the data center edition or on the extensions page.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Keke does it come with Proxmox module with auto KVM provisioning?
    I plannto invest in hostbill

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Been seeing a fair number of people here talk about buying hostbill. Must be the new cool toy. Enjoy the regret ;)

• I've got all the plugins etc if you need any.

@jarland said:
    Been seeing a fair number of people here talk about buying hostbill. Must be the new cool toy. Enjoy the regret ;)

Jarland! Why say so? Whats the regret about? Im really curious :X

edited May 2017

@mikenike182 said:
    I've got all the plugins etc if you need any.

Are there plugins for shoe botting VPN services as well? :D

• @vmhaus said:
    @Keke does it come with Proxmox module with auto KVM provisioning?
    I plannto invest in hostbill

It comes with proxmox yes but I'm still not sure if the modules are included such as modules garden or anything of that nature I just purchased it yesterday so I'm still looking into everything. I mainly purchased it for the colocation manager and IP manager and basically praying it had a dedicated server provisioning module of some sort.

@jarland said:

Why the regret? I'm glad they have a 30 day refund policy so hopefully if I do regret anything with it I can return it. I'm planning to run a 28 day hard evaluation of it so if you have anything I can look into that might be a flaw please do let me know.

@mikenike182 said:
    I've got all the plugins etc if you need any.

Which plugins I have no idea how to use them yet but I'm planning to have it loaded up within the next couple days just to test the reliability of everything before the 30 day trial is up.

@KeKe, do you need to pay upfront in order to get the 30 days trial?

• @vmhaus said:
    @KeKe, do you need to pay upfront in order to get the 30 days trial?

Yes $1499 and they have a 30 day refund policy.

edited May 2017

Regret because it's overpriced and inferior to more affordable products. Buggy, poorly optimized, no real benefits other than "not WHMCS."

Been a while since I used it as a provider but they jacked up the price while it was still the same crap I regretted using. Since then I've only found it annoying and slow when providers use it, and witnessed no client side benefits over WHMCS at all.

• lol WHMCS is slow as horse sh**. Why even bother with that nonsense.

• @mikenike182 said:
    lol WHMCS is slow as horse sh**. Why even bother with that nonsense.

Depends on how you run it. I've seen WHMCS installs that were super fast. I have no problems with it.

@mikenike182 said:

I disagree, our WHMCS runs super fast. Just like what @BlazeMuis says, depends on hows your setup is.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@KeKe DCI Manager is supported.

• @Clouvider said:
    @KeKe DCI Manager is supported.

I found it yep your right that's exactly what I needed.

edited May 2017

@mikenike182 said:

Hell I'm running it on apache prefork with roughly 1,000 customers (might actually be closer to 2500 now, been a while since I checked that #) and it's not even slow. That's a low number, but I'd suggest above average for WHMCS users.

• @jarland said:

@mikenike182 said:

Hell I'm running it on apache prefork with roughly 1,000 customers (might actually be closer to 2500 now, been a while since I checked that #) and it's not even slow. That's a low number, but I'd suggest above average for WHMCS users.

I'm testing out hostbill, whmcs and ubersmith right now so hopefully I find the best one out of the bunch. Did you do any optimization to WHMCS to make it run efficiently with a high user base?

@KeKe said:

@jarland said:

@mikenike182 said:

I'm testing out hostbill, whmcs and ubersmith right now so hopefully I find the best one out of the bunch. Did you do any optimization to WHMCS to make it run efficiently with a high user base?

Right now 100% default LAMP stack on Ubuntu. Been meaning to do a lot more there just still shocked this is doing so well, kind of curious how long it takes to fall over ;)

Thanked by 1ScammerProut
  • cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

actually hostbill includes a colocation manager module which is the only reason I will ever risk ever using hostbill for. https://hostbillapp.com/feature/colocation-manager-overview/

• @cubedata said:
    actually hostbill includes a colocation manager module which is the only reason I will ever risk ever using hostbill for. https://hostbillapp.com/feature/colocation-manager-overview/

That's pretty much what I wanted it for as well ubersmith also has one but the monthly price isn't really sustainable for me at this point id rather pay a $1499 one time fee for hostbill instead of a monthly fee for ubersmith.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@KeKe said:

@cubedata said:

That's pretty much what I wanted it for as well ubersmith also has one but the monthly price isn't really sustainable for me at this point id rather pay a $1499 one time fee for hostbill instead of a monthly fee for ubersmith.

I am glad you could afford hostbill I cannot afford it and you're right I would rather only pay once than monthly.

• @jarland Pls, LEMP stacks aren't that hard to set up :o