Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedistation.com - Invoice, your opinion?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedistation.com - Invoice, your opinion?

I thought that dedistation.com is dead ...

For more months I have no access to my VPS.

This morning I received an invoice:

Due Date: 04/29/2017
Invoice #5075

You currently have an overdue invoice of $15.00 due on your account with DediStation.

Invoice Description:

664 - srv1604.byflos.ch - LET UK Small (04/29/2017 - 04/28/2018) $15.00

Total Due: $15.00
Paid: $0.00
Balance Due: $15.00

Payment Instructions:
1) Log into our client management site at https://dstn.uk with your email and password
2) Click on the "Billing" tab and then click on "My Invoices"
3) Select the invoice you want to pay
4) Click on pay invoice

We greatly appreciate your efforts to ensure that payment is received in a timely manner.

If you have any questions regarding your account or if you wish to pay by check, please feel free to contact us.

Note: This E-mail will serve as an official invoice for this payment.

DediStation
[email protected]

Do you think they will come back?

Or is it an automatic system?

How many people will pay?

Comments

• spyworkspywork Member

Yes, automatic system. No pay this invoice. Dedistation is dead, no support, no comeback. nothing.

• And even if they come back, since your VPS is not active, why should you pay?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

comeback said:

I won't. My VPS went down ten days ago, and so far I got no reply to my ticket. Apparently, I can still consider myself lucky, since my VPS lasted much longer than other people's did.

• BopieBopie Member

@brueggus said:

comeback said:

I won't. My VPS went down ten days ago, and so far I got no reply to my ticket. Apparently, I can still consider myself lucky, since my VPS lasted much longer than other people's did.

Well they are past due on company paperwork and the last thing that was submitted was a termination of director so to me its looks like they are dead pooling HOWEVER i may be wrong

• FritzFritz Veteran

Mine is up and running for months.
    I am wondering why most of the people here have problem with Dedistation.

11:13:20 up 228 days, 12:15, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00

• @Fritz said:

Mine was idle and once someone mentioned the issue 5 or 6 months ago and I had a same concern with you why they had problems with Dedistation because mine was running perfectly. However, once I checked it today, it was already offline and I cannot boot it. Lol...

• FritzFritz Veteran

It is online from the first day even I'm using it for Private Torrent.

Well, I will use it till the end of billing date then. :)

@Greyhound said:

@Fritz said:

Mine was idle and once someone mentioned the issue 5 or 6 months ago and I had a same concern with you why they had problems with Dedistation because mine was running perfectly. However, once I checked it today, it was already offline and I cannot boot it. Lol...

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Among My two VPS, one is still on. Another went down !

• I cancelled mine way back. Cancellation request is still pending and they generated an invoice some months ago. Guess the whole thing is on autopilot at the moment. My server is still up and running though. Consider them dead.

• They are not dead.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@yusufg90 said:
    They are not dead.

Proof?

Thanked by 1nulldev
  • Domain is about to expire in a few months, maybe they'll show a sign of life. Or not.

• 4 out of 7 of my 'idlers' just came back online, can't say I hold out any hope though. Pity as the prices and specs were really good :(

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

apidevlab said: 4 out of 7 of my 'idlers' just came back online,

Same here. Wouldn't have noticed without your post as I had already written them off and removed them from my monitoring. So apparently there's still someone paying the bills for the nodes.

• TikiTiki Member

My server was up for renewal about a month ago. Didn't really use it and saw people had problems with theirs. Even though my server was up, it was horribly slow and was having connection issues. I decided to not take the chance and didn't renew it.

• someJoesomeJoe Member

damn, I just renewed my VPS with them 2 weeks ago and now its dead for me as well. no response to the tickets so far at all... should have read this thread first.

• ihadpihadp Member

@someJoe said:
    damn, I just renewed my VPS with them 2 weeks ago and now its dead for me as well. no response to the tickets so far at all... should have read this thread first.
    @someJoe said:

Two words, PayPal dispute.

• someJoesomeJoe Member

@ihadp - exactly what I'll have to do...

• k0nslk0nsl Member

What was the username of the person running Dedistation? He was a member here, an Indian guy, and he also worked for another well-known provider -- unless I am mistaken and somehow confuse him with another person...

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@k0nsl said:
    What was the username of the person running Dedistation? He was a member here, an Indian guy, and he also worked for another well-known provider -- unless I am mistaken and somehow confuse him with another person...

It was @linuxthefish, he's been banned for a while now over this.

• @k0nsl said:

May be you are confusing him with @Bharatb ?

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

@Junkless: Correct!

Thank you, @Rhys, for jogging my memory.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • JabJabJabJab Member

So... anyone tried paypal disputes already and had some response there? Is anyone alive there? :-D

• JabJabJabJab Member

and... it's back. Wat

• FredQcFredQc Member

@JabJab said:
    and... it's back. Wat

NY and UK are dead for me.

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited May 2017

@FredQc said:

@JabJab said:
    and... it's back. Wat

France too. An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Moreover, if I connect over ssh i get Access denied with my default password.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cpsd said:

@FredQc said:

@JabJab said:
    and... it's back. Wat

France too. An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Moreover, if I connect over ssh i get Access denied with my default password.

Whois your IP and see if they are still assigned to them.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@FredQc said:

So I was lucky one. Mine "Canada" aka CA2 node is back (149.56.160.*). No update to ticket, no reaction at all, I am not sure I can dispute on paypal :-D

• JarryJarry Member

You can open PP-dispute only within 6 months since signing contract. I missed it. After some problems I gave them 2nd chance, then 3rd, 4th, 5th, untill it was too late...

Now I know: I have to open pp-dispute right after first sign of problems, grab my data and money, and run! Too late, but lesson learned...

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited May 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Whois your IP and see if they are still assigned to them.

I had these two vps from their French Node. Thank you very much.
    And their whois info is OVH:
    inetnum: 137.74.64.96 - 137.74.64.127
    netname: OVH_140676542
    descr: Failover Ips
    org: ORG-AIIN1-RIPE
    admin-c: OTC14-RIPE
    tech-c: OTC14-RIPE
    mnt-by: OVH-MNT
    created: 2017-05-26T09:53:46Z
    last-modified: 2017-05-26T09:53:46Z
    source: RIPE