Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premature Ejaculation and False Cries of LET Racism
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Premature Ejaculation and False Cries of LET Racism

BRASILBRASIL Member
edited May 2017 in General

I request a refund of my money

The VPS service only married me losses and I run the risk of being sued

When installing the accounts in the VPS all were invaded by hackers of germany where it finds the server

I took all the correct security measures and I was still invaded

I have customer sites off the air and I can not even use the VPS because it does not log and the error

The company does not provide support and takes too long to respond to emails being just a support email

The company is responsible for DDOS attacks for not offering protection

In other servers the sites were not invaded only from CONTABO

Also the company threatened me to shut down the server and charge me $ 30 to reactivate the service

For 10 days I have been in the account with losses and dissatisfied with the insecurity and invasions

In addition to my website being punished on GOOGLE

I should sue the company and ask for compensation but I will not do it.

I just want the cancellation of services and my money back

Comments

• Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

"The company is responsible for DDOS attacks for not offering protection" LOL

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The VPS service only married me losses and I run the risk of being sued

Thats what happens when you marry a vps.

When installing the accounts in the VPS all were invaded by hackers of germany where it finds the server

Seems like you did not secure your server after all.

I took all the correct security measures and I was still invaded

You fail to list those measures.

I have customer sites off the air and I can not even use the VPS because it does not log and the error

Yet again, failing to list (the error in this case)

The company does not provide support and takes too long to respond to emails being just a support email

The vpsses are unmanaged servers. What did you expect for the money?

The company is responsible for DDOS attacks for not offering protection

That's.... something new. They are responsible for SENDING ddos attacks because they have no protection against INCOMING ddos attacks? hmm.

In other servers the sites were not invaded only from CONTABO

Maybe you were hosting other stuff on those other boxes.

Also the company threatened me to shut down the server and charge me $ 30 to reactivate the service

That's what happens when you (or a hacker) abuses the service. It is probably in their TOS too, which you should've read before signing up.

For 10 days I have been in the account with losses and dissatisfied with the insecurity and invasions

For 10 days you have known that your vps was hacked, and yet you still try to host shit from it?

In addition to my website being punished on GOOGLE

That is what happens when your site gets hacked

I should sue the company and ask for compensation but I will not do it.

Because it is your own duty to protect your vps.

I just want the cancellation of services and my money back

Which is probably not going to happen, seeing as how you (or a hacker) abused your vps.

No refunds on TOS breaches for most hosts.

Don't get me wrong, I have no good words for contabo, but this seems like someone who is inexperienced failing to properly secure his vps or his sites, and blaming the (unmanaged) hosting provider for it.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho nulldev
  • It seems that the team of CONTABO does overtime here to answer the complaints

I took the necessary steps to protect the door

Securing Accounts with Secure Passwords

Properly configuring sites

Until FTP I disabled it

Even though they invaded the accounts of the cpanel

The most interesting thing is that the hackers are from Germany where the server is

On other servers this did not happen

But it is what gives you trust in a low price for something that does not exist

UNLIMITED TRAFFIC

Charging $ 30 to deactivate and reactivate a VPS escapes all principles of a company

It is given the warning even if you progendo your account could be invaded in the CONTABO

• I am not a hacker and why would I do this with my own clients?

You must work at CONTABO !!!

• @BRASIL said:
    It seems that the team of CONTABO does overtime here to answer the complaints

I took the necessary steps to protect the door

Securing Accounts with Secure Passwords

Properly configuring sites

Until FTP I disabled it

Even though they invaded the accounts of the cpanel

The most interesting thing is that the hackers are from Germany where the server is

On other servers this did not happen

But it is what gives you trust in a low price for something that does not exist

UNLIMITED TRAFFIC

Charging $ 30 to deactivate and reactivate a VPS escapes all principles of a company

It is given the warning even if you progendo your account could be invaded in the CONTABO

contabo has no reps on here.

• I'm passing on my experience
    I took security measures and still my sites invaded

• fLoofLoo Member

Seriously, i didnt understand a single word u said here @BRASIL. Do you guys learn english over there?

• I'm going to leave the discussion I've already seen that there is prejudice with Brazilians here and defend the account

My sincere apologies, good luck to everyone.

Moderator I beg you to close the post and apologize for coming soon

• quickquick Member

@BRASIL said:
    I'm going to leave the discussion I've already seen that there is prejudice with Brazilians here and defend the account

We will build it and you have to pay for the fireWALL.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2017

BRASIL said: Moderator I beg you to close the post and apologize for coming soon

You bought a cheap unmanaged service, you failed to secure your vps, you say you are afraid to get sued by your clients because of contabo, yet, you did not have a high availability plan nor constant backups to support a critical service.
    You chose to have critical service to ONE CHEAP UNMANAGED vps without even being capable to do it.
    So, some questions:

• What security measures did you take? "Hard" password is not a security measure. Disabling completely ssh login, use key login and let ssh server access only by few ips, installing and configuring correctly a proper firewall like csf, having constant monitoring... those are some serious measures. You did not take them.

• You say the company does not provide support. No, they do not. It is an unmanaged service, without backups from contabo. Did you take your own backups? Did you have a mirrored server? If not, then, you must be ashame on having clients to trust you. This is not a contabo's fault, but your ignorance, incapability and stupidity to blame.

• If Contabo threaten you that they will shut down the server and called you to pay for reactivation, this means that you did receive a ddos. Probably, you are a ddos magnet. In any case, to host clients, you should have a plan that protect you from ddos (filtering your vps with external company or chose a hosting provider that do filter ddos - contabo do not).

• What? The company is responsible for offering ddos protection? Where the hell did you read that? DDoS protection is an extra that offers some, not many of the unmanaged vps providers. And, usually, it costs extra. Some times, a lot extra. You paid peanuts and you wanted the sun? And you blame the hosting company for that? Let me repeat the things about stupidity, incapability etc.

• If your website is punished by google, that means that your website is hosting a malicious script, or it is a shady website. Google DO NOT punish sites for being down. So, you are lying about the whole situation. Having sites hacked is not the unmanaged vps provider's fault, but yours (let me repeat the things about stupidity, incapability etc.).

• You threaten contabo to sue them. You do not have the balls to do so. Because you know you will lose. All you did is to open an account in LET trying to bash the provider, because of your stupidity, incapability etc.

• FINALY: Do you really accusing LET members for being prejudice with Brazilians here? REALLY? No, Brazilians are fine. YOU are a moron. And morons are present in all countries of the world. Of course, you are a moron that cannot write and read english (or german). Because if you could read (and did not find a hosting company using your poor english or google translate) you could read the Terms of Service and the Acceptable Using Policy (TOS and AUP) of the provider, and see that it is an unmanaged service, cheap enough without ddos protection.

So, do us a favor and GTFO. Do not even come close to this forum again.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited April 2017

"The company is responsible for DDOS attacks for not offering protection" America will make a great wall for you! Make Anti-DDoS great again. And @BRASIL will pay for it!

Thanked by 1nik
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

tl;dr

This happened:

This was lost:

This is the result of the imaginary lawsuit and refund discussion:

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Smack down

• DamianDamian Member

AnthonySmith said: This happened:

Followed by....

Thanked by 3netomx imok Janevski
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BRASIL said: For 10 days I have been in the account with losses

...in the millions, amirite?

BRASIL said: Moderator I beg you to close the post and apologize for coming soon

'sall right, we've all been there. Try thinking about baseball next time.

BRASIL said: I'm going to leave the discussion I've already seen that there is prejudice with Brazilians here

Thanked by 3Harambe bugrakoc jvnadr
This discussion has been closed.