Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Vultr do a refund ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Vultr do a refund ?

I just create account and deposit funds to vultr, only to know that $2.5 VPS is sold out. Now, does vultr do a refund for unsused credit ?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Yes and they close account permanently. If you want - request it, but it would be the last time you use Vultr.

• This would be something to ask Vultr about.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited April 2017

oh dear!... open a ticket

Thanked by 1netomx
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@yokowasis said:
    I just create account and deposit funds to vultr, only to know that $2.5 VPS is sold out. Now, does vultr do a refund for unsused credit ?

Perhaps a better order of steps would have been: (i) register, (ii) check availability, (iii) deposit funds (rather then (i)--(iii)--(ii)).

In an earlier thread, a negative point was made about Vultr that you have to register before you can check for availability. This is indeed a negative point, though Vultr doesn't seem to be alone in this: as far as I can tell, DigitalOcean also has this "feature".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2017

All time top retarded thread, JUST ASK VULTR.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • @angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

Perhaps a better order of steps would have been: (i) register, (ii) check availability, (iii) deposit funds (rather then (i)--(iii)--(ii)).

In an earlier thread, a negative point was made about Vultr that you have to register before you can check for availability. This is indeed a negative point, though Vultr doesn't seem to be alone in this: as far as I can tell, DigitalOcean also has this "feature".

Actually even after you register, you cant check the availability. You can check the availability AFTER you deposit because i failed to link my card for some reason, yet I can pay using my card via paypal.

And Yes. I open a ticket and ask vultr. I am posting this to ask whether any of you have any experience in the past regarding this. Usually it took several hours to get the ticket answered. I don't see any harm asking this kind of question. What's wrong for wanting to get answered faster ? it happened A LOT to lowendbox.com. People opened ticket, but still asking questions and support in the comment section.

GOD, You guys love bashing people.

• just use the $5 servers, its still a great fucking deal.. especially if you used the credit matching promo, it then effectively becomes a 2.50/mth server.

Thanked by 1tux
    edited April 2017

yokowasis said: Actually even after you register, you cant check the availability. You can check the availability AFTER you deposit because i failed to link my card for some reason, yet I can pay using my card via paypal.

I thought that you could check for availability before depositing funds, but perhaps I misremember (so much the worse for Vultr if this is the case).

yokowasis said: You guys love bashing people.

This is LET!

For the record, I thought that your question was reasonable (Vultr should state these things on their site), and my intention certainly wasn't to bash you. :-)

• BG32BG32 Member

They're cunts, they still advertise the $2.50 servers yet they no longer sell them. Grrr I hate hosters who do deceptive shit

• How much money you deposit? $30 is not really a big deal, you can use it on their $5 plan.

You may want to request refund and search for another low end box provider, but I tell you this, doing business with low end provider is like a gamble, if you lucky you get good vps, but if your are not lucky, it will only be nightmare with heavily oversold server.
    Most of the time, you will not be lucky. Mark my word, I've been around for a while in this abyss.

I won't recommend using low end box for production use

But well, I can say, you can't go wrong with vultr. Still, feel free to request refund

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

Yeah but if we don't have availability that's like a top priority/emergency ;)

Thanked by 2angstrom Bopie

@jarland said:

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

Okay, I believe you, :-) but ... what would happen if DO had a $2.50/month plan? :-)

@angstrom said:

@jarland said:

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

Okay, I believe you, :-) but ... what would happen if DO had a $2.50/month plan? :-)

Plz no lol

Thanked by 1netomx

jarland said: Plz no lol

I hear you. :-)

People are hard on Vultr because they apparently have limited their $2.50/month plan, but at the same time, they did (in principle, still do) offer it. No one would have complained if they had never offered this plan to begin with!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@didtav said:
    How much money you deposit? $30 is not really a big deal, you can use it on their $5 plan.

You may want to request refund and search for another low end box provider, but I tell you this, doing business with low end provider is like a gamble, if you lucky you get good vps, but if your are not lucky, it will only be nightmare with heavily oversold server.
    Most of the time, you will not be lucky. Mark my word, I've been around for a while in this abyss.

I won't recommend using low end box for production use

But well, I can say, you can't go wrong with vultr. Still, feel free to request refund

Getting a good LE has very little to do with luck unless you're a complete fucking idiot.

Do your homework, don't be greedy, and you'll do just fine.

Thanked by 4rm_ Lee netomx Pwner
  • sinsin Member

You can always just deposit $1 and check availability

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ElliotJ said: This would be something to ask Vultr about.

TBF, I'd bet on Vultr having the sort of cunty support that will take that questions as a red flag and refund and shutdown the account immediately, so perhaps asking here first isn't the worst idea.

• Getting a good LE has very little to do with luck unless you're a complete fucking idiot.

that's right mr. smartguy, you are right

vps that is too cheap is most likely oversold, and one node to another might have big different performance. ofc not all LE provider oversold their service.

I just wanted to say that if the website is important, OP should not gamble and choose only a well reputable provider by doing some research. that is what I think.

*kimsufi had a really good roulette game back then.

edited April 2017

On Twitter I see that they refund people no questions asked (and no mention of closing the account, or not using Vultr ever again) if it's over the $2.5 VPS issue.

However they do not refund no matter what, in case you paid with Bitcoins.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

didtav said: that's right mr. smartguy, you are right

Do you have mild brain damage, by any chance?

• @didtav said:

Getting a good LE has very little to do with luck unless you're a complete fucking idiot.

that's right mr. smartguy, you are right

vps that is too cheap is most likely oversold, and one node to another might have big different performance. ofc not all LE provider oversold their service.

I just wanted to say that if the website is important, OP should not gamble and choose only a well reputable provider by doing some research. that is what I think.

*kimsufi had a really good roulette game back then.

after doing some research I would either choose hostus or vultr. Both are reputable and has similar price. If I knew vultr doesn't offer $2.5/m anymore, I would choose hostus instead.

• The best way to sign up with Vultr is use someone's affiliate link, so you (and they) get some free credit. That would have found the $2.50 server situation. Note that even when Vultr had the $2.50 servers, you weren't allowed to buy more than 2 of them, another hard to discover fact.

I haven't heard of DO having long term availability problems like this. It does seem to me that Vultr is deceptive.

• Open ticket and offcourse they should do refund if you respect their policy.

• yokowasis said: If I knew vultr doesn't offer $2.5/m anymore, I would choose hostus instead.

So you dont care that its OpenVz vs KVM ?

edited April 2017

willie said: It does seem to me that Vultr is deceptive.

It just shows they don't have any honesty or integrity to their company, if they think deceiving people like this is completely okay. Nothing new here really, just remember the entire "Does Vultr use RAID" debacle. It appears like they are nowhere near the same level of quality and trustworthiness as DO or Linode after all. Before I would say "use DO, Linode or Vultr for the top three safe choices", but this $2.5 plan situation is just disgraceful.

Thanked by 3marrco netomx Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@SakamHost said:
    Open ticket and offcourse they should do refund if you respect their policy.

Alright, cunt?

• rm_ said: "Does Vultr use RAID" debacle

Can someone give me a quick rundown of that? Do they really not use raid?!

• @willie said:

rm_ said: "Does Vultr use RAID" debacle

IIRC there was some discussion with vultr not wanting to say anything. People concluded that they used raid-0.

To be fair, RAID IS NOT A BACKUP. You should manage your own backups, no matter what the host runs.

edited April 2017

@willie said:

rm_ said: "Does Vultr use RAID" debacle

RAID0 was an accusation designed to shame them into being open about whether or not they have any kind of redundancy on their storage. Because none of us can think of a single reason to refuse to admit you have redundancy on your storage except when the reason is that you don't, and you're afraid someone will catch you in the lie if you claim otherwise.

Surely they use RAID. I mean, what idiot wouldn't? But then, what idiot would refuse to admit storage has any form of redundancy? So it's hard to figure out which assumption is true when both assumptions require a bit of idiocy.

Regardless, they seem to be fairly stable. I keep money on my account with them for dev environments. No complaints.