Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premium Managed KVM VPS - BetterVPS - $5/month - 512MB RAM, 20GB Disk, 2 Cores, 1TB Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Premium Managed KVM VPS - BetterVPS - $5/month - 512MB RAM, 20GB Disk, 2 Cores, 1TB Bandwidth

BetterVPS is a new Premium Managed KVM VPS provider. Yes, you read that right, it's managed! All VPS's include basic management, which includes initial configuration of cPanel, etc. Full Management will soon become available for an additional cost.

Anyway, our Virtual Private Servers are on Incero network. Each VPS is on a shared Gigabit port.

For our beta launch we've opened stock of the "Better One" plan:

512MB RAM 2 Virtual CPUs 20GB Storage 1TB Monthly Transfer 1 IP Address

Use promo code BETA for recurring 50% off, so $5/month! Direct order link: https://www.bettervps.com/account/cart.php?a=add&pid=1 Our website, which is still a work in progress: https://www.bettervps.com/

A test hostname you can ping is dallas.speedtest.bettervps.com, IP 162.212.56.113.

We do not give access to a control panel however basic things like reboot, shutdown, VNC, etc. are in the client area. Please open tickets to the appropriate department for rDNS and Reinstallation. Instant activation has been disabled during the beta period. Your VPS will be online quickly, though :)

Comments

• Are you another account from Shovehost? Or you an employee?

• Employee

• awsonawson Member

We do not give access to a control panel

Why?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

We are not giving access to a control panel for security reasons, and because we assume that our customers will not frequently need to reinstall their VPS since we are more of a premium provider targeting business customers.

• security reasons

Security reasons, like a teenage host launching an attack on other hosts? Was the ban on Shovehost posting offers removed (the one that was put in place after the owner launched a slowloris attack on other providers 2 1/2 months ago http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/9183/look-what-our-good-ol-shovenose-has-been-up-to/p1 )

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

@DomainBop said:
    Security reasons, like a teenage host launching an attack on other hosts? Was the ban on Shovehost posting offers removed?

Thanks for your concern. However this offer was not posted by me personally, and BetterVPS has little to do with ShoveHost.
    I'm not a "teenager" and would be more than happy to prove that to you privately. Now if you wouldn't mind getting out of my thread that would be great - if you've got a legitimate question about the BetterVPS service we can certainly answer that for you.
    And about the "security reasons"
    1. Have you not been reading the last two days SolusVM has gotten massively exploited?
    2. If a business customer's service gets terminated because his client area account is hacked, that is bad for them. So, they need to open a ticket to get their service terminated or cancelled. That way we can call them or contact them via ticket and confirm they intend to cancel their service.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited June 2013

Thanking a VPN service in one post and announcing an additional employee to post offers when the CEO is banned sure chimes and rhymes. Legitimate question: is your new employee named Kevin?

• Hmm interesting

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

is your new employee named Kevin?

no, I believe the new employee is one of "SgtZinn /ZinnVPS"'s multiple aliases

BetterVPS has little to do with ShoveHost.

The WHOIS lists you as the owner of both. The Registrant of BetterVPS is listed as "ShoveHost". I wouldn't call that "little to do with ShoveHost"

• EZ_ShovehostEZ_Shovehost Member
    edited June 2013

lol duplicates

edited June 2013

@domainbop yes im a person. So what is the problem? Please enlighten me.

• How nice we found a person at the shove dynasty. Keep going

• awsonawson Member

@shovenose It's okay; I don't think you have to worry about any businesses signing up with you ;)

• @DomainBop said:
    The WHOIS lists you as the owner of both. The Registrant of BetterVPS is listed as "ShoveHost". I wouldn't call that "little to do with ShoveHost"

Just like CC and CVPS!

• @shovenose said:
    we assume

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. No, wait, only out of you.

• @shovenose said:
    2. If a business customer's service gets terminated because his client area account is hacked, that is bad for them. So, they need to open a ticket to get their service terminated or cancelled. That way we can call them or contact them via ticket and confirm they intend to cancel their service.

I saw "control panel" or "solus" nowhere in there.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

Anyway, our Virtual Private Servers are on Incero network.

BetterVPS's Virtual Private Servers are no longer on the Incero network and all customer data has been deleted and lost. Incero gave Shove and his troll "employee" ezebop/EZ_Shovehost/ZinnVPS/SgtZinn the boot.

Incero Review - AVOID THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AND ARROGANT

if you ask a question regarding some network performance they will terminate your server, take all of your customers offline immediately with no warning or time to back up your critical customer data (if the data was not important I would not have chosen to pay for a server with hardware RAID10 and a BBU)...

But yes, if you were a BetterVPS customer your data has now been deleted...

http://vpsboard.com/topic/851-incero-review-avoid-this-horrible-company-and-arrogant/

Shutdown by OVH after his server was compromised, shutdown by Incero (and in between those 2 events a rant against another one of his dedicated server providers) and the year isn't even half over. Shovehost / BetterVPS is on a roll.

Thanked by 1Dylan
    edited June 2013

Wow @domainbop no need for the personal attacks! I been pretty respectful but you on the other hand just wanna bash ppl when they are down! That truly shows your TRUE colors! So if this what you do to get your rocks off hey fine and dandy! More power too you.I am not gonna start any drama. Maybe your still mad about someone calling you out for your SCANDALOUS ways. Just leave the past as the past. Learn from it. I moved on, maybe it is time for you to do the same. Peace out!