Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European VPS (FR/NL, etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

European VPS (FR/NL, etc)

Looking for high bandwidth VPS in Europe not UK.

KVM (will consider OVZ/LXC depending on price)
128MB+ RAM
15GB Disk
10TB+ Bandwidth (explanation further down)
Can be NAT IPv4

Pricing ideally under $3/month

Usage scenario:

The VPS will be acting an a VPN + Exchange. It will be interlinking my 2 dedicated servers and my 2 VPSes along with my server and desktop at home along with proving external secured access to my network. It will also manage my backups using Duplicity connecting to ACD and OneDrive.

Anyone got anything in this ball park lemme know

Comments

• Push the budget a 'lil higher and get a OVH VPS? £3/month inc VAT

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Dear OP, We could offer this in OVH France, check out our cpu loads on status.vmhaus.com

$3/Month

1 x Core (Xeon 4.2GHz)

512M DDR4 Ram

5GB NVMe SSD Storage - Send me a ticket and ill double it!

10TB Bandwidth

1 x IPv4

1 x IPv6

Anti DDoS Pro

https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=8

• @vmhaus OVZ or KVM?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Its KVM

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • If you need a really cheap one, Wizhosting have NAT IPv4 with 256Mb and 40Gb disk (alog with 250mbps unmetered) for 3.99/yr, just don't hit the disk to hard, they don't like it.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @DigitalJosee said:
    If you need a really cheap one, Wizhosting have NAT IPv4 with 256Mb and 40Gb disk (alog with 250mbps unmetered) for 3.99/yr, just don't hit the disk to hard, they don't like it.

Thanks! Disk shouldn't be too badly abused haha

• You could also go for a scaleway vps, 2.5gbit connectivity with 200mbit allowance (aka 60TB/month limit). 3 usd/month.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:
    If you need a really cheap one, Wizhosting have NAT IPv4 with 256Mb and 40Gb disk (alog with 250mbps unmetered) for 3.99/yr, just don't hit the disk to hard, they don't like it.

This sounds ALOT like Wishosting which is 2.99/y. If I remember correctly, you cannot utilize port speed more than 15% of allocated for a period of time.

@exception0x876

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:

If you don't, this VPS is just perfect for your needs, Network peering is better than Scaleway IMO (but they're on the same OVH network, I think).

You should take a look at it, since the price is very, very good.

• @sanvit said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:

This sounds ALOT like Wishosting which is 2.99/y. If I remember correctly, you cannot utilize port speed more than 15% of allocated for a period of time.

@exception0x876

That's exactly the host I was saying, I don't have a good memory.

And 250mbps at 15% for the entire month, gives you 11.5Tb.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @DigitalJosee said:

@sanvit said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@exception0x876

I thought so :)

The reason I mentioned the 15% rule is not because of the bandwidth amount but to warn OP if (s)he goes with them, don't max out the port 24/7 when backing up (because I have a VPN server running there!)

Anyway don't know if that rule applys differently in the NAT one, since it's really cheap, and Wishosting will most likely shove A LOT of VPSs in one server...

• @sanvit said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@sanvit said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@exception0x876

The reason I mentioned the 15% rule is not because of the bandwidth amount but to warn OP if (s)he goes with them, don't max out the port 24/7 when backing up (because I have a VPN server running there!)

Anyway don't know if that rule applys differently in the NAT one, since it's really cheap, and Wishosting will most likely shove A LOT of VPSs in one server...

A lot of the BW will be burst usage.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@sanvit said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@sanvit said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@exception0x876

A lot of the BW will be burst usage.

Well, if you have a 'specific number', I recommend you talk with @exception0x876 or opening up a ticket before ordering :)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@sanvit @DigitalJosee thx for the mention guys. As long as you stay within 15% (40Mbps) constant usage there should be no problem. Bursts to full speed up to 10 minutes allowed too.

• @exception0x876 said:
    @sanvit @DigitalJosee thx for the mention guys. As long as you stay within 15% (40Mbps) constant usage there should be no problem. Bursts to full speed up to 10 minutes allowed too.

Would the burst time be possible to be increased to like 15-25 max? Or is it a manual just 'dont be a Dick's policy?

• @exception0x876 Thanks for the clarification! So the mini OVZ also has the same 15% rule?

Bursts to full speed up to 10 minutes allowed too.

10 mims/day? hour? 10mins/10min??

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@exception0x876 said:

Would the burst time be possible to be increased to like 15-25 max? Or is it a manual just 'dont be a Dick's policy?

Doesn't seem to be inforced though.. I have a HDD server that applies the same rule, and had no problem bursting out for around 20 minutes

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Or is it a manual just 'dont be a Dick's policy?

That's the one, yes :)

Thanked by 2GenjiSwitchPls WSS
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

Since it's mostly backing up that will take up the BW, maybe you could work out the best time zone when the BW load's at the least?

edited April 2017

@sanvit said:
    @exception0x876 Thanks for the clarification! So the mini OVZ also has the same 15% rule?

Bursts to full speed up to 10 minutes allowed too.

10 mims/day? hour? 10mins/10min??

10 mins in 2 hours - https://www.wishosting.com/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/11/terms-of-service/

Thanked by 1sanvit