Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New .06/R6 SolusVM update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New .06/R6 SolusVM update

Fixes the hostname provisioning error

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

Hmm, is that the only thing it fixes out of curiosity? Any official link?

If it's a patch for something serious I should apply it now, if not I can sleep, keep in mind solus is barred from anyone but a few IP's.

• johnjohn Member

It's like they can't make up their minds on hostname requirements.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Just lol. They fix hostnames when multiple vulns were pointed and presented to them in the last 48 hours and according to the information I have they ignored a bunch of tickets with code snippets?

I just paid another $100+ invoice with them and they just don't care about their shitty and unsecure code. I sincerely hope that in the next few months a valuable replacement pops out. I will enjoy watching them go down.

• @Alex_LiquidHost The Capisso VMPanel looks to be a decent upcoming replacement. All open source too!

• Patched / Updated

• EvoEvo Member

Sounds fishy - they are hiding something for sure.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

I really doubt they are hiding anything, just fixing what they broke in the sec patch. Dotn really see why its a big deal.

• How's the security audit going? Is it safe now?

Our SolusVM is still pulled offline not until the fixes are all safe now.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Same here, wish we could get some updates on the audit.

• There were probably some small fixes in this patch.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

I did a md5 checksum on the solusvm files to see what is really changed.

Only 1 file md5sum checksum has changed.

8862a001793ef414e0ba79ccd3150a27 ./getip.php

Pretty sad.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

/shakeshead

• marcmmarcm Member

@jbiloh just install Nginx + Naxsi instead of the default Lighttpd and throw CloudFlare on top of that on the SolusVM master. Make sure to set the real_ip_header to return the visitor's IP in nginx.conf.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@marcm said:
    jbiloh just install Nginx + Naxsi instead of the default Lighttpd and throw CloudFlare on top of that on the SolusVM master. Make sure to set the real_ip_header to return the visitor's IP in nginx.conf.

nginx is awesome.

Thanked by 2marcm Infinity