Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Capisso VMPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Capisso VMPanel

clone1018clone1018 Member
edited June 2013 in General

Capisso VMPanel is an open source, BSD-3 licensed control panel from Capisso which focuses on security, speed and usability. We'll be supporting OpenVZ, KVM and Xen from day one, and others will follow shortly after.

Our core goal with Capisso VMPanel is security, so we've designed many systems to keep your business safe, secure and updated. Here's a couple of things we've done with VMPanel to help you out.

• PHPIDS - An intrusion detection system for PHP which logs every questionable request. Our panel safeguards you from almost all XSS and SQL injection exploits, but if you see something out of the ordinary, you can check it out or report it to Capisso for a more thorough look.

• SaltStack - We're embedding the fantastic Salt Stack into our panel and it'll manage our clients on your server. Salt is fast, easy to use, extendable and fully secure.

• Fully Open Source - All of our panel and software is completely open source, under the BSD-3 license. Meaning security issues are found easier and fixed faster.

• No IonCube - Since all of our software is open source, there's no reason to IonCube Encode a single line of code deployed on your server. Security through obscurity just doesn't work.

• Secure RESTful JSON API - Our entire panel is built on the idea that the API is the panel, everything you can do with the panel you can do with the api, and providing your have HTTPS enabled on your panel domain/subdomain all contents of the requests you send will be encrypted. We've made it so even if you don't trust us for front end security, you can easily write a front end for yourself or your customers.

• Freedom of SQL - With Capisso VMPanel you can use any of the SQL servers you'd like, that includes MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or even SQLite!

Client Screenshots

Admin Screenshots

Capisso VMPanel isn't quite ready, but it will be soon, but I want to get some initial feedback/feature requests from everyone. So if you have any questions/comments or concerns please do express them below or join us on IRC at irc.esper.net #capisso

Edit: Forgot to plug the website: http://capisso.org/

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2013

Looks neat. Are you building the GUI over an API?

Is there a public github?

• Yeah, the panel is completely built on top of the API (which you can control permissions with and stuff). The Github will be linked soon, not 100% ready yet, but if you find it, cool beans.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

I also welcome more VPS control panels on market. Hope to see this one completed soon. Can you tell us more details about client panel features apart from standard start/stop/rebuild I see here http://capisso.org/vmpanel/features/ ? Snapshot/Restore from snapshot looks interesting.
    How is with IPv6? rDNS support? Serial console?

• Yeah, I made Ignite about a year ago, really sloppy code now that I look at it >.<. Oh well. Yeah, that's the repo, it's fine that you posted it but please note it's nowhere near done and you won't be able to do anything with that repo at the moment.

And once we actually "launch" we'll have easier to install code, which will be packaged on the website.

--

Thanks Spirit! I've been looking into IPv6 and rDNS now, and I see no reason that they can't be supported!

• Looks great, I'm glad to see new open source panels being developed.

• This one looks very promising.

• alexalex Member

looks nice. and hey - doesn't ask people to "donate" $5K+ a month and then asks to close the topic.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • clone1018clone1018 Member
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the comments guys, I hope it will be amazing.

We'll hopefully be supported by subscriptions not donations :P

• johnjohn Member

This looks really good and has potential. Keep up the great work!

• No set ETA or release, once we get more and more of the panel done we'll be releasing it for alpha, and people will be able to continue using it until we move into beta (at which point we'll have licensing).

Sometime in July though.

• Welcome to Control Panel Online Fair on LET :)

• clone1018clone1018 Member
    edited June 2013

Thanks, I look forward to seeing what else is going to be out there.

• We’ve had tons of feedback on our licensing and how it should work in relations to our software being open. And after quite a bit of thought and input from others, we’ve decided to close our source. This isn’t the end of the world though, we stand by being open and not crippling our software through obscurity. So all purchases of VMPanel will give you access to our private GitHub repo, where you can modify, view and commercially use VMPanel. We will however be supporting FOSS by making most of the libraries we create free and open source.

We also really want to thank everyone for their advice and support in dealing with this. This licensing change will ensure that we’re able to produce and continue to produce the best product possible.

Let me know what you think guys, thanks.

• Hey guys! I've got an update for you! I just completed the initial work on slave/master/panel communications and it looks like we're almost at 40% of the way to alpha!

The screenshot below is basically showing the panel talking to the master (hosted externally, this manages your slaves, can be hosted locally), the master talking to the slave (the thing that hosts your vms), and then the response of a command 'xm/xl list' going all the way back up, for both servers. Another great thing it's showing, is since we communicate with all of your slaves on a master, the communications are sent asynchronously. Meaning you don't need to wait for the response of 1 to start 2, making having 100+ slaves just as fast as 1.

Let me know what you think!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I'll be really happy to see something else come to market. Competition = good.

Let me know if we can do anything to help.

Thanked by 1zfedora
  • Any news?

• Dead now.You are bumping very old thread

Thanked by 1Mark_R