Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need server to host a discord bot
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need server to host a discord bot

I am currently running a discord music bot and as the user base grows, it's harder to find a server that meets my needs and budget.

What i need is something like the following:

• 6 vCores. (~40% usage during peak hours)
  • At least 8GB of RAM
  • The bot doesn't use the disk at all, i'll only need to install node and a few dependencies, so anything over 5GB will do.
  • At least 5TB of downstream bandwidth, 2TB upstream
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • A dedicated IPv4 would be nice, but NAT is also an option

My budget is ~25$ quarterly. I can only use PayPal at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@TheBITLINK said:
    I am currently running a discord music bot and as the user base grows, it's harder to find a server that meets my needs and budget.

• At least 8GB of RAM
    • The bot doesn't use the disk at all, i'll only need to install node and a few dependencies, so anything over 5GB will do.
    • 1Gbps uplink

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, if disk is not an issue i could offer you this:

6 x vCores @4.2Ghz

8GB RAM

8GB NVMe Disk

1Gbps link

Unmetered Down / 10TB Up

Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6

DDoS Protection

$8/month

Looking Glass: http://lg.bhs.vmhaus.com

PM me in you are keen and ill create a custom order link.

Thanked by 1TheBITLINK
  • WSSWSS Member

Shit you could run this on a P100 if it was IRC based..

• hzrhzr Member
    edited April 2017

WSS said: Shit you could run this on a P100 if it was IRC based..

It does multithreaded video transcoding. It's a music bot, not text. You do !play or whatever and it downloads the video with youtube-dl and transcodes the audio track out of it.

• WSSWSS Member

@hzr said:

WSS said: Shit you could run this on a P100 if it was IRC based..

It does multithreaded video transcoding. It's a music bot, not text. You do !play or whatever and it downloads the video with youtube-dl and transcodes the audio track out of it.

What a worthwhile service.

• I'm not sure what you are on about? Take a look into SinusBot. I run it for Teamspeak on a 128MB OVZ not sure where the 8GB of RAM and 6 cores

• JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
    edited April 2017

• TomTom Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'm not sure what you are on about? Take a look into SinusBot. I run it for Teamspeak on a 128MB OVZ not sure where the 8GB of RAM and 6 cores

OP is right requesting this amount of resources, Discord bots take up a shedload of resources.. was helping host one for a friend and it pinned my two SP-64-D's at 100% util for all the cores.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

@Yoda said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'm not sure what you are on about? Take a look into SinusBot. I run it for Teamspeak on a 128MB OVZ not sure where the 8GB of RAM and 6 cores

OP is right requesting this amount of resources, Discord bots take up a shedload of resources.. was helping host one for a friend and it pinned my two SP-64-D's at 100% util for all the cores.

• @WSS said:

@Yoda said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

I do urge you to re read my reply. I asked him to look into SinusBot for Teamspeak which also works for discord which can run on 128MB and 1 Core even with youtube-dl working. I do have multiple users on my server at a peak 20 which may not be near the op but for a simple music bot it works fine.

• WSSWSS Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@WSS said:

@Yoda said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

I do urge you to re read my reply. I asked him to look into SinusBot for Teamspeak which also works for discord which can run on 128MB and 1 Core even with youtube-dl working. I do have multiple users on my server at a peak 20 which may not be near the op but for a simple music bot it works fine.

Yes. Discord is a worthwhile service.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • TomTom Member

GenjiSwitchPls said: I asked him to look into SinusBot for Teamspeak which also works for discord

Didn't realise SinusBot now works for Discord - my apologies!

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @vmhaus said:

@TheBITLINK said:

• At least 8GB of RAM
    • 1Gbps uplink

Thanks in advance!

6 x vCores @4.2Ghz

8GB RAM

8GB NVMe Disk

1Gbps link

Unmetered Down / 10TB Up

Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6

DDoS Protection

$8/month

@TheBITLINK please do be aware of this plan. The CPU at least is heavily oversold. From looking at it the only 4.2GHz CPU would be a consumer i7. This has only 4 cores and 8 threads (8 virtual cores). The cores will not be dedicated to you and you could fear suspension at any time.

Thanked by 1jmginer

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@vmhaus said:

@TheBITLINK said:

• At least 8GB of RAM
    • 1Gbps uplink

Thanks in advance!

6 x vCores @4.2Ghz

8GB RAM

8GB NVMe Disk

1Gbps link

Unmetered Down / 10TB Up

Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6

DDoS Protection

$8/month

@TheBITLINK please do be aware of this plan. The CPU at least is heavily oversold. From looking at it the only 4.2GHz CPU would be a consumer i7. This has only 4 cores and 8 threads (8 virtual cores). The cores will not be dedicated to you and you could fear suspension at any time.

Well it is definitely not a consumer i7. What OP is asking for is 6 x vCPUs and not dedicated cores. Well we are open and you could always get our server loads from here http://status.vmhaus.com. Have a look and tell me if its heavily oversold. :)

Thanked by 1BG32
  • WSSWSS Member

@vmhaus said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@vmhaus said:

@TheBITLINK said:

• At least 8GB of RAM
    • 1Gbps uplink

Thanks in advance!

6 x vCores @4.2Ghz

8GB RAM

8GB NVMe Disk

1Gbps link

Unmetered Down / 10TB Up

Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6

DDoS Protection

$8/month

Well it is definitely not a consumer i7. What OP is asking for is 6 x vCPUs and not dedicated cores. Well we are open and you could always get our server loads from here http://status.vmhaus.com. Have a look and tell me if its heavily oversold. :)

Yes. Discord is a worthwhile service.

• @vmhaus said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@vmhaus said:

@TheBITLINK said:

• At least 8GB of RAM
    • 1Gbps uplink

Thanks in advance!

6 x vCores @4.2Ghz

8GB RAM

8GB NVMe Disk

1Gbps link

Unmetered Down / 10TB Up

Dedicated IPv4 and IPv6

DDoS Protection

$8/month

Which CPU is it then?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@BlazeMuis said:
    Which CPU is it then?

Seems like E3-1270v6

• @exception0x876 said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    Which CPU is it then?

Seems like E3-1270v6

Not at 4.2Ghz baseclock, turnbo boost, but not all cores can reach 4.2Ghz in turbo boost.

Youre right!

• YuraYura Member

@WSS is stuck.

root@wss: shutdown -r now

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • edited April 2017

@vmhaus said:
    Youre right!

Okay but you still do oversell cores. the 1270v6 is just a re branded i7-7700 you know?

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@vmhaus said:
    Youre right!

Okay but you still do oversell cores. the 1270v6 is just a re branded i7-7700 you know?

Which provider doesnt(Name those who are able to provide 6x Dedicated Cores @ $25/quarter)? Except those who advertised and sells as dedicated core. The processor has 8 virtual cores/threads. Based of OP's requirement, we reviewed and found that our nodes are able to fulfill without causing any issues. As always, our loads are always visible here http://status.vmhaus.com

Cheers

• @vmhaus said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@vmhaus said:
    Youre right!

Which provider doesnt(Name those who are able to provide 6x Dedicated Cores @ $25/quarter)? Except those who advertised and sells as dedicated core. The processor has 8 virtual cores/threads. Based of OP's requirement, we reviewed and found that our nodes are able to fulfill without causing any issues. As always, our loads are always visible here http://status.vmhaus.com

Cheers

Yes but I'm saying it's still very unrealistic to offer 6 vCores at $8/month. but hey if you can do it its fine. Regardless the OP is using the wrong software

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • WSSWSS Member

@Yura said:
    @WSS is stuck.

root@wss: shutdown -r now

root-systemd[1]: LOL PUNY HUMAN. YOU THINK THAT YOU CONTROL ME!? DANCE! DANCE!

• WSSWSS Member

Oppa Discord Style!

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What are you peak hours that you need the 2.5 dedicated cores for?

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Sometimes there are as many as 8 messages a minute! That shit got overhead.

• TheBITLINKTheBITLINK Member
    edited April 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

During peak hours, it's normal for me to see between 100 and 200 voice connections. I actually only reach 16-20% across all cores, but i am future proofing since i'm having at least 20 new users every day.

Large Discord Bots also need sharding, one shard is only able to handle 2000 servers, i need the 6 threads to be able to handle at least 10k servers, but they don't really have to be dedicated

About RAM usage, uhh, yeah, the lib i'm using has a tendency to eat RAM. I was considering to switch or make my own library, but i don't have much free time lately.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sorry I meant what are your peak hours, e.g. do you need to use of 2 - 3 cores for 2 hours, 6 hours, 10 hours?

• TheBITLINKTheBITLINK Member
    edited April 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Sorry I meant what are your peak hours, e.g. do you need to use of 2 - 3 cores for 2 hours, 6 hours, 10 hours?

ah sorry

Mostly weekend nights, about 3 or 4 hours