Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited January 2019

@edfox said:
    import requests, sys

r = requests.get(
    f"https://1fichier.com/?{sys.argv[1]}?auth=1&inline",
    auth = (USERNAME, PASS),
    headers = {'User-Agent': "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.81 Safari/537.36"},
    allow_redirects=False)

if r.status_code == 302:
    print(f"Direct link: {r.headers['Location']}")
    elif r.status_code == 200:
    print(f"Oops! It looks like this file doesn't exist or you have no permission to access it! :(")

Replace your user and pass, then run it like python3 fichier.py file_id_here to make it work.

Thought you have to make a second request to get premium link as kotlin script?

Anyway I have to make a PHP script to allow other users to download.

• @banxix said:

Thought you have to make a second request to get premium link as kotlin script?

I was going to do that but i noticed that even without the second request I'm able to download from my vps (using wget) with no issues.

• jsgjsg Member
    edited January 2019

So I got myself a 1fichier premium and made some first tests.

What I like

• Speed is OK. Not great but really OK.
    • FTP upload

What I dislike

• FTP <-> web is strange to quirky. As in "an FTP uploaded file shows up only minutes later in the web interface."
    • FTP is upload only
    • FTP can't create or change to directories (it seems. I might be wrong. Need to test more)

!WARNING! - you should create an FTP user if you use FTP!

Reason: Obviously ftp sends user/password in plain text over the wire, so you certainly do not want to use your "main" credentials (for your account). Solution: (In their web interface) Premium users can create (up to 5 iirc) ftp user accounts with usernames and passwords of their own choice.

TL;DR

1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations. Also I wouldn't bet much on them having security high on their priority list. It seems quite useful though as (a) a data dump, e.g. for all those old games and other stuff (nobody here has movies, right, and if so they were properly purchased...) we usually don't need but don't like to throw away, and (b) as some kind of backup-backup or secondary backup.

How to save $$ with 1fichier?

My approach and maybe a useful tip for others:

Storage/backup servers are great but much more expensive than 1 fichier. With 1 fichier the following might be a nice approach: Have e.g. your daily/hourly/whatever backups to your storage server. Then, say, once a week, you upload either the last one or a compressed (gz or zstd) tar (preferably encrypted!) to 1fichier and delete the local copies except the last one (or whatever your strategy is).

Result: A relatively small backup server, say 100 GB, will nicely do and you have both, the versatility and advantages of a storage server and the massive storage of 1fichier -> 100 GB storage server instead of (an expensive) e.g. 3 TB storage server.

Thanks no.

• i've been looking for something like this but I don't understand access offer , premium offer ?

I just want a storage CDN

pɹɐɔ ʇıpǝɹɔ ʎuɐ ʇnoɥʇıʍ sɹǝʌɹǝs pǝʇɐɔıpǝp ǝǝɹɟ ʇǝƃ : uɔɔʍ/ǝǝɹɟxʇǝƃ/ɯoɔ˙ıpǝpǝǝɹɟ//:sdʇʇɥ

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@jsg said:
    So I got myself a 1fichier premium and made some first tests.

What I like

• Speed is OK. Not great but really OK.
    • FTP upload

What I dislike

• FTP <-> web is strange to quirky. As in "an FTP uploaded file shows up only minutes later in the web interface."
    • FTP is upload only
    • FTP can't create or change to directories (it seems. I might be wrong. Need to test more)

!WARNING! - you should create an FTP user if you use FTP!

Reason: Obviously ftp sends user/password in plain text over the wire, so you certainly do not want to use your "main" credentials (for your account). Solution: (In their web interface) Premium users can create (up to 5 iirc) ftp user accounts with usernames and passwords of their own choice.

TL;DR

1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations. Also I wouldn't bet much on them having security high on their priority list. It seems quite useful though as (a) a data dump, e.g. for all those old games and other stuff (nobody here has movies, right, and if so they were properly purchased...) we usually don't need but don't like to throw away, and (b) as some kind of backup-backup or secondary backup.

How to save $$ with 1fichier?

My approach and maybe a useful tip for others:

Storage/backup servers are great but much more expensive than 1 fichier. With 1 fichier the following might be a nice approach: Have e.g. your daily/hourly/whatever backups to your storage server. Then, say, once a week, you upload either the last one or a compressed (gz or zstd) tar (preferably encrypted!) to 1fichier and delete the local copies except the last one (or whatever your strategy is).

Result: A relatively small backup server, say 100 GB, will nicely do and you have both, the versatility and advantages of a storage server and the massive storage of 1fichier -> 100 GB storage server instead of e.g. 3 TB storage server.

Your approach to using 1Fichier as a backup is the way to go tbh :)
    If encrypted you can dump all your backups from backup VPS there^^

Also make sure if possible always to enable "FTPeS" ^^

About your FTP "files appear after a while" issue:

When you go to your FTP Management you can either select "automatic" publication mode (runs every 5 mins, hence the wait time you described), or "manual" were you need to manually "publish" the files you uploaded via ftp which basically means making them visible in your dashboard (what automatic does every 5 min). When you select folder where you uploaded to and hit that "Valider" button it will publish the files in your dashboard. "Receive publication reports via email" is actually quite nice if you wanted to have a confirmation that backup.xyz has been synced/uploaded to ftp :)

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanked by 3jsg eol angstrom
  • jsgjsg Member
    edited January 2019

@Ympker said:

I don't think that my approach is the way to go because different people have different needs.

But for those of us (quite many, I guess) who have storage servers largely for backup purposes (like myself), my approach probably is a good way to go.

I just looked at @Neoon's and @ServerHunter's sites for 2 - 4 TB storage VPS (or atom dedis, etc) offers and I saw that 1fichier Premium pays for itself many times over (saving about 90€ and more per year) vs a storage server. Going the compromise route I chose saves somewhat less because even a small storage VPS, say, 100 GB, costs money but in summary I get much more for much less.

When you go to your FTP Management you can either select "automatic" publication mode (runs every 5 mins, hence the wait time you described), or "manual" were you need to manually "publish" the files you uploaded via ftp which basically means making them visible in your dashboard (what automatic does every 5 min). When you select folder where you uploaded to and hit that "Valider" button it will publish the files in your dashboard. "Receive publication reports via email" is actually quite nice if you wanted to have a confirmation that backup.xyz has been synced/uploaded to ftp :)

Thank you, I've found that out meanwhile but decided to mention it anyway because both methods aren't exactly perfect. That said, using 1fichier the way I suggested that's just a major inconvenience. Plus, as you said, one can get a "It worked OK" email when pushing the weekly (or whatever) backup to 1fichier.

All in all I'm not at all unhappy with 1 fichier, quite the contrary.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Thanks no.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@jsg said:

@Ympker said:

I don't think that my approach is the way to go because different people have different needs.

But for those of us (quite many, I guess) who have storage servers largely for backup purposes (like myself), my approach probably is a good way to go.

I just looked at @Neoon's and @ServerHunter's sites for 2 - 4 TB storage VPS (or atom dedis, etc) offers and I saw that 1fichier Premium pays for itself many times over (saving about 90€ and more per year) vs a storage server. Going the compromise route I chose saves somewhat less because even a small storage VPS, say, 100 GB, costs money but in summary I get much more for much less.

Thank you, I've found that out meanwhile but decided to mention it anyway because both methods aren't exactly perfect. That said, using 1fichier the way I suggested that's just a major inconvenience. Plus, as you said, one can get a "It worked OK" email when pushing the weekly (or whatever) backup to 1fichier.

All in all I'm not at all unhappy with 1 fichier, quite the contrary.

Well I was actually meaning that if you want to secure your files when uploading your approach is probably what one should do.

Tbh. I have also uploaded unencrypted WP backups over FTP right via Updraft Plus from some hobby sites of mine where I don't really care about the files.

You do indeed save money with 1Fichier. You get 2TB of cold storage for 10€/year + probably 20-30TB of hot storage (anything stored & not downloaded for longer than 60 days counts towards cold storage). I'd argue you could even save on the VPS if it's only for hobby sites or you download the backup locally to your PC first, then encrypt it and sync it via WinSCP or another FTP client to 1Fichier :)

No problem mate ;)

This can also be interesting for some ppl. btw:

Network Authentication
    This feature is reserved for advanced users.
    With your Premium subscription, you can here allow access to our services without authentication to 1 IP address or hostname.
    This simplifies the use of our services by all users of a same Internet access.
    You can also easily use our services using nomad devices (TV, Box, NAS ...)
    (NB: Updated every 15mn. The first IP is used for hostnames. Hostname that do not resolve is automatically removed)

Also:

Limit access to your account by IP or country & 2FA is both nice to have^^

• 1Fichier is great, but sadly the implementation is quite cringe.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@edfox said:
    1Fichier is great, but sadly the implementation is quite cringe.

Agree.
    That's why it costs 10€/year and not priced at google drive/dropbox etc :)
    There are enough highly optimised premium backup/cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc out there already so I am happy to be able to select a cheaper option like 1Fichier even if it means limited usability & comfort^^

• I'm trying to figure out how to backup cpanel to this. I can't figure it out without the ability to create folders over ftp.

Black Mushroom on Black Background

• @caniac22 said:
    I'm trying to figure out how to backup cpanel to this. I can't figure it out without the ability to create folders over ftp.

I backup my websites hosted on cpanel with Updraft Plus WP plugin where as FTP details I just use

ftpuser

ftpuserpw

Directory/Path: /

This way it uploads to the directory you assigned to the ftp user.

• Anyone seen this?

I just found out that under https://1fichier.com/hlp.html it still says "Cold Storage up to 100TB*" for premium users. So you CAN have more cold storage. It'll just cost more I assume:

• Extensions to get more Cold Storage are available on your management interface at unbeatable rates.

The question is how much they'll be charging. Atleast it doesn't seem they'll just invoice you if you have more cold storage but instead you'll probably be able to somewhere in management interface order more "cold storage space". Interesting nontheless. Anyone seen the rates for this?

• @Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

• Extensions to get more Cold Storage are available on your management interface at unbeatable rates.

Yes. That would be interesting to see, but i guess the rate would be 0.004€/gb

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

CDN rate is (0,005 € / GB) so maybe yeah.

• @Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

I'll drop them a mail

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

I'll drop them a mail

They replied to my inquiry saying it'll soon appear on the page :)

• @Ympker said:

They replied to my inquiry saying it'll soon appear on the page :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

• @Malin said:
    I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

Well it's not that I need it right away. Was just curious :)

• @Ympker said:

@Malin said:
    I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

I do. I have 7tb to store somewhere cheap since my dedi is full

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@Malin said:

I do. I have 7tb to store somewhere cheap since my dedi is full

Soon as you find out how much it is, let us know!

Out of curiosity, if you can't download via FTP - can you only download via their site or do they have HTTP links you can wget for example?

• @tester4 said:

Out of curiosity, if you can't download via FTP - can you only download via their site or do they have HTTP links you can wget for example?

The only way to download files through 1fichier is by using the download page of the file, filled with ads and popups if you're not premium. If you want to download files through your server, however, you can use the small script that uses the API that I posted in this thread.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited February 2019

jsg said: 1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations.

This is my biggest confusion when I started to use them too. I expected that on premium plan I will get something usable, something that I can use for file storage and access to files, like for backups, etc (because mostly of pricing and good network).

But they are like Rapidshare or megaupload.com, or any other warez-like website which usually used by bad guys who share illegal/cracked software (to be clear I never saw any link to warez / hacked software with cracks, etc on their services), but at least they like that. Absolutely like that. You can't share a folder, you can't even make a folder normally, you can't organize anything on your storage space, you just forced to upload/get link/share, nothing more. (per file)

They offer really good upload/download speed for premiums only, and big storage.
    But to this big storage, you have super restricted access only through the web interface, which is not okay. You can't even make folders.

Even shitty fex.net (which offer 1TB for 2$ / mo) you can upload folders, files on very high speeds and easily manage files from the web interface.

Anyway, nothing bad against this service at all after realizing what is it.
    But it's not cloud storage, and never was, it's file-sharing services which have a business model around advertising displayed to users when someone downloads something.

• defaultdefault Member
    edited February 2019

@desperand said:

jsg said: 1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations.

This is my biggest confusion when I started to use them too. I expected that on premium plan I will get something usable, something that I can use for file storage and access to files, like for backups, etc (because mostly of pricing and good network).

But they are like Rapidshare or megaupload.com, or any other warez-like website which usually used by bad guys who share illegal/cracked software (to be clear I never saw any link to warez / hacked software with cracks, etc on their services), but at least they like that. Absolutely like that. You can't share a folder, you can't even make a folder normally, you can't organize anything on your storage space, you just forced to upload/get link/share, nothing more. (per file)

They offer really good upload/download speed for premiums only, and big storage.
    But to this big storage, you have super restricted access only through the web interface, which is not okay. You can't even make folders.

Even shitty fex.net (which offer 1TB for 2$ / mo) you can upload folders, files on very high speeds and easily manage files from the web interface.

But it's not cloud storage, and never was, it's file-sharing services which have a business model around advertising displayed to users when someone downloads something.

Have a look at their API + their FTP system + their IP Authentication. Then you will realize that the only disadvantage are only those 2 tb in cold storage on 60 days.

You are in LET. Program it, script it, think it. Do something like a professional and get the cheapest price. If you want something great and without any effort, pay for it on some other storage, but stop complaining like a baby.

Thanked by 1eol

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• @desperand said:

I think what you said is very important which is why I have pointed out in a previous post that one doesn't forget 1Fichiers origin is a file host like megaupload/rapidshare and not originally meant as storage/backup service. Then again as I've described in that very post there are still legitimate use cases for it and one can't complain at this price point, really.

• NihimNihim Member

so just checked it today and I saw there is a hot / cold service (might not be new, but I just saw it).
    So "unlimited" for hot storage and 2T for any files that are un-accessed for more than 60 days. Add on that the syncing difficulties and it's pretty meh. For my usage at least.

• edfoxedfox Member

I just went over quota!
    This is what the control panel shows now:

I also got this mail:

Hello,

A Premium account is by default limited to 2TB of cold storage.
    Without action from you, some of your files will be automatically removed within 14 > days to respect your storage quotas
    We recommand you to add cold storage capacities on your account or to remove yourself files you do not need
    The Staff

So this is what happens

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2019

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!
    This is what the control panel shows now:

I also got this mail:

Hello,

A Premium account is by default limited to 2TB of cold storage.
    Without action from you, some of your files will be automatically removed within 14 > days to respect your storage quotas
    We recommand you to add cold storage capacities on your account or to remove yourself files you do not need
    The Staff

So this is what happens

What would you expect? They are not nsa, google, amazon. How could they provide unlimited storage?

Thanked by 1eol

I like what she said, not what it means.

• edfoxedfox Member

@Chuck said:

What would you expect?

Nobody was really sure of what would've happened

• NihimNihim Member
    edited March 2019

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!

So this is what happens

Ye, I wrote about that one post above yours :p
    You can still use unlimited space if the files are being actively accessed, however they define hot storage.

@Ympker said:
    Fair enough. 2TB at 10€. Won't complain.

This is LET so clearly the 1TB with webdav free from transip is better!

• @Nihim said:

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!

So this is what happens

Ye, I wrote about that one post above yours :p
    You can still use unlimited space if the files are being actively accessed, however they define hot storage.

@Ympker said:
    Fair enough. 2TB at 10€. Won't complain.

This is LET so clearly the 1TB with webdav free from transip is better!

Then go for it :)

• Is there a way to upload by web browser?

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

• eoleol Member

@Chuck said:
    They are not nsa, google, amazon.

Where's the difference?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• ChuckChuck Member

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

Whoever has bigger dick would win!

Thanked by 1eol

• eoleol Member

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• ChuckChuck Member

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

Jeff bezos is ahead this game.

• eoleol Member

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

Jeff bezos is ahead this game.

I doubt this.

Thanked by 1Chuck

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @cybertech said:
    Is there a way to upload by web browser?

Yes. Once logged in you can upload via Web Browser.

• @Ympker said:

@cybertech said:
    Is there a way to upload by web browser?

Yes. Once logged in you can upload via Web Browser.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like I need to look in detail how it works.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

• Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

@dongne said:
    Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

I'll say it once more. It is a non-convenient, cheap-budget file host. If you don't want to meddle with some things pay for one of the many dropbox/gdrive etc clones. You'll be happier.

• @Ympker said:

@dongne said:
    Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

I'll say it once more. It is a non-convenient, cheap-budget file host. If you don't want to meddle with some things pay for one of the many dropbox/gdrive etc clones. You'll be happier.

I know that well. I will be super happy if they implement one more thing only, folder creation, so that I can upload folders and they stay the same at the remote location.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dongne said:

@Ympker said:

@dongne said:

I know that well. I will be super happy if they implement one more thing only, folder creation, so that I can upload folders and they stay the same at the remote location.

You already have that. 1Fichier has an API, feel free to use it with some scripts designed by yourself.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• edfoxedfox Member

Scripts posted here before became useless, because now you can just append "&inline" and login with HTTP basic Auth and it will download directly without any additional requests.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • williewillie Member

It says on their pricing page now, if I understand it right, cold storage above 2tb is €1 per TB per month. Still seems way low.

How do people here pay them, especially from the US? They don't take credit cards, I don't use bitcoin, they suggest some types of bank transfers that sound very expensive. Resellers? Does anyone here have vouchers for sale? I'm still thinking about this so don't want to buy one just yet, but am trying to figure out possibilities.

#lexit spread the word.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@willie said:
    It says on their pricing page now, if I understand it right, cold storage above 2tb is €1 per TB per month. Still seems way low.

How do people here pay them, especially from the US? They don't take credit cards, I don't use bitcoin, they suggest some types of bank transfers that sound very expensive. Resellers? Does anyone here have vouchers for sale? I'm still thinking about this so don't want to buy one just yet, but am trying to figure out possibilities.

For me they also show Credit Cards as an option but that apparently varies. @Cam asked me recently about this, too and he wasn't able to pay with Credit Card (option didn't show). Maybe because I'm a long time customer?

Anyway, they have a list of official resellers who often sell about the same pricing.
    I recommended https://keyoneclick.com/1fichier-premium.html to @Cam as they are officially listed as one of their resellers and pricing doesn't seem far off considering 1Fichier adds transaction fees anyways. Reseller supports PayPal/Bank Transfer/CC.