Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

2456715

Comments

  • BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2017

    @Ympker said:

    @snz said:
    Is this somehow mountable or does it have an API for up+download?

    Dont think so, no.

    Well, you might be wrong: https://1fichier.com/hlp.html#devupload :)
    No mounting though and only some hacked together functionality.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Bochi said:

    @Ympker said:

    @snz said:
    Is this somehow mountable or does it have an API for up+download?

    Dont think so, no.

    Well, you might be wrong: https://1fichier.com/hlp.html#devupload :)
    No mounting though and only some hacked together functionality.

    Ah sweet :P Well I might just play around with this :)

    Thanks for the heads-up!

  • "Unlimited" storage at 10€/y? Um I doubt it.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @willie said:
    "Unlimited" storage at 10€/y? Um I doubt it.

    Sketchy service with sketchy terms for a low price!?
    WHAT COULD GO WRONG!?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

    @willie said:
    "Unlimited" storage at 10€/y? Um I doubt it.

    Well with 10€/y you cant really loose much, eh? That being said I know some ppl who host 1TB+ of media there so it seems like you can make use of the space plus my 100GB file is still existing on my free acc^^

    Nonetheless it's your call ofc :P Given they are in business since 2009 they seem pretty stable^^

  • Ympker said:

    Well with 10€/y you cant really loose much, eh

    You can't lose much money, obviously. The more important question is how much data you can lose.

    Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @willie said:

    Ympker said:

    Well with 10€/y you cant really loose much, eh

    You can't lose much money, obviously. The more important question is how much data you can lose

    I wont be storing any crucial data there or atleast not without having a second backup elsewhere

    Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • I'm here with they +3years without any problem or lose any data mine.

    Pretty good service.

    Thanked by 3Ympker fan vimalware
  • anybody tried the FTP feature? If this is sorking it can be nice backup solution for NAS (encrypted backup of course)

  • mov3mov3 Member

    No payapl.

    Save my money.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

    The offer is LIVE
    You can now order using BTC for 10€/year!

    Just ordered myself 1 year via BTC :P Confirmation was only seconds after I ordered^^

    @mov3 said:
    No payapl.

    Save my money.

    I can get you a Voucher with btc perhaps :P

  • didtavdidtav Member
    edited April 2017

    not exactly 10€

  • @didtav said:
    not exactly 10€

    With BTC you get another 20% off the 12€/year amounting to a total of 10€ :)

  • 1fichier.com has been around a while, so they must be doing something right. The free accounts have a number of limitations, which probably discourages abusers (or they go elsewhere). This service can certainly be used for backup (which seems to be its intended purpose), but don't expect to be able to do any synchronization of files. But it's nice that standard protocols are used, so no proprietary software is needed. In any case, the promotional pricing is certainly attractive.

    Thanked by 1Ympker

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • Ympker said: The cool thing is even if you switch back to Free Account Status (like I am atm) your files acctually stay alive in your dashboard and the respective download links forever if you have been Premium Account before.

    I couldn't find any statement on the site that would confirm this (and it wouldn't make much business-sense on their part, I think), so it may be best not to assume that this is the case. (Or have I missed something?)

    Ympker said: My 100GB Test file has yet to be removed and so has the other one.

    But, assuming that you're registered, your 100GB file is very recent, and as for the other one, it would suffice to have downloaded it recently.

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • @angstrom said:

    Ympker said: The cool thing is even if you switch back to Free Account Status (like I am atm) your files acctually stay alive in your dashboard and the respective download links forever if you have been Premium Account before.

    I couldn't find any statement on the site that would confirm this (and it wouldn't make much business-sense on their part, I think), so it may be best not to assume that this is the case. (Or have I missed something?)

    Ympker said: My 100GB Test file has yet to be removed and so has the other one.

    But, assuming that you're registered, your 100GB file is very recent, and as for the other one, it would suffice to have downloaded it recently.

    Hmm..when comparing plans it says premium file links never expire.

    This is the Email I received after ordering:

    Hello,

    We confirm your payment for a 1 year subscription at price of 10 euros
    Transaction reference : 1563706

    Your subscription allows you :

    • to direct dowload files bypassing the advertising page
    • No expiration for you account's files

    1fichier.com

  • Ympker said: Hmm..when comparing plans it says premium file links never expire.

    This is the Email I received after ordering:

    "Hello,

    We confirm your payment for a 1 year subscription at price of 10 euros Transaction reference : 1563706

    Your subscription allows you : - to direct dowload files bypassing the advertising page - No expiration for you account's files

    1fichier.com"

    Oh, I don't doubt that if you're a Premium subscriber, then your files don't expire (for this is what the site also says), but I don't read this as also saying "If you stop being a Premium subscriber at some point, then your files don't expire" (which is the reading that you suggested).

    I agree that the wording of the message from 1fichier.com is not so clear in this respect, but if you think about it, it would be strange to grant to all former Premium subscribers the advantage of files that don't expire, which is precisely one of the main advantages that Premium subscribers pay for.

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • @angstrom said:

    Ympker said: Hmm..when comparing plans it says premium file links never expire.

    This is the Email I received after ordering:

    "Hello,

    We confirm your payment for a 1 year subscription at price of 10 euros Transaction reference : 1563706

    Your subscription allows you : - to direct dowload files bypassing the advertising page - No expiration for you account's files

    1fichier.com"

    Oh, I don't doubt that if you're a Premium subscriber, then your files don't expire (for this is what the site also says), but I don't read this as also saying "If you stop being a Premium subscriber at some point, then your files don't expire" (which is the reading that you suggested).

    I agree that the wording of the message from 1fichier.com is not so clear in this respect, but if you think about it, it would be strange to grant to all former Premium subscribers the advantage of files that don't expire, which is precisely one of the main advantages that Premium subscribers pay for.

    Yeah I see where you are coming from. But taking this deal of 40€/6 years premium I am totally fine for non crucial data I guess^^

    Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Ympker said: Yeah I see where you are coming from. But taking this deal of 40€/6 years premium I am totally fine for non crucial data I guess^^

    I was just trying to clarify ... :-)

    Thanked by 1Ympker

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • didtavdidtav Member
    edited April 2017

    I want to buy the lifetime!
    Is it truly lifetime? Or just something like 10 years?

  • @didtav said:
    I want to buy the lifetime!
    Is it truly lifetime? Or just something like 10 years?

    LifeTime equals the time the service is gonna be offered. They are in business since 2009 so I dont presume them going down anytime soon^^

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • didtavdidtav Member
    edited April 2017

    @Ympker said:

    @didtav said:
    I want to buy the lifetime!
    Is it truly lifetime? Or just something like 10 years?

    LifeTime equals the time the service is gonna be offered. They are in business since 2009 so I dont presume them going down anytime soon^^

    when i brought lifetime premium from other file hosting, they only gave me 10years premium (feel like being cheated).
    I hope it's true that 1fichier will not limit premium membership for lifetime customer

  • @didtav said:

    @Ympker said:

    @didtav said:
    I want to buy the lifetime!
    Is it truly lifetime? Or just something like 10 years?

    LifeTime equals the time the service is gonna be offered. They are in business since 2009 so I dont presume them going down anytime soon^^

    when i brought lifetime premium from other file hosting, they only gave me 10years premium (feel like being cheated).
    I hope it's true that 1fichier will not limit premium membership for lifetime customer

    I think that you can rest assured that "lifetime" doesn't mean "10 years".

    However, at the same time, "lifetime" in this context means the lifetime of 1fichier.com, not your lifetime.

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • YuraYura Member

    @angstrom said:
    However, at the same time, "lifetime" in this context means the lifetime of 1fichier.com, not your lifetime.

    Technically, whichever demise happens sooner :(

    Seriously, the landscape of file hosting services changes so fast that "investing" into lifetime offers is actually short​sighted. In 10 years we may all as well use something else. Btw, anyone needs a big stack of clean CD-R disks? Cheap.

    Thanked by 1t0m
  • Yura said: Seriously, the landscape of file hosting services changes so fast that "investing" into lifetime offers is actually short​sighted.

    Given the promotional pricing of 1fichier.com's current offer (€10/year), I also wouldn't choose €99/lifetime.

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    Just confirmed with support:

    Hello,

    If you are not Premium, you are a free user.

    Your files will be subject to free users rules.

    Regards,
    The Staff

    So files would expire after 15?! days I guess^^ Well gotta get the 40€/6year deal then :P

    Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Ympker said:
    Just confirmed with support:

    Hello,

    If you are not Premium, you are a free user.

    Your files will be subject to free users rules.

    Regards,
    The Staff

    So files would expire after 15?! days I guess^^ Well gotta get the 40€/6year deal then :P

    Okay, so you see. :-)

    By the way, where is the 40€/6year deal? I don't see it on the Pricing page.

    Thanked by 1Ympker

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @angstrom said:

    @Ympker said:
    Just confirmed with support:

    Hello,

    If you are not Premium, you are a free user.

    Your files will be subject to free users rules.

    Regards,
    The Staff

    So files would expire after 15?! days I guess^^ Well gotta get the 40€/6year deal then :P

    Okay, so you see. :-)

    By the way, where is the 40€/6year deal? I don't see it on the Pricing page.

    In dashboard click on "Vouchers". Purchasing 5 vouchers grants you a discount of 20% in total + a free voucher = 6 vouchers (1 year each) for ~40€

    Thanked by 1angstrom
  • RamiRami Member

    @Ympker PM me with your aff link please

    Thanked by 2Ympker ehab
Sign In or Register to comment.