Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review?

Comments

• darwin12darwin12 Member
    edited April 2017

I am curious why a company would have two sites for similar service.
    Is there a site where I can test the connection between your servers and my ISP? (GLASS or similar)? How's the peering with amazon west eu cloud?
    Can I use FUSE on KVM Starter VZ 1 ?

• LeviLevi Member

Hm, does the Romania have 0 DMCA enforcement? IS it possible to host torrent tracker with cociu?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2017

@randvetega Naww, cociu's prices are subsidized by the Nigerian prince! ;)

• @LTniger said:
    Hm, does the Romania have 0 DMCA enforcement? IS it possible to host torrent tracker with cociu?

Romania: Land where even judges pirate. I wouldn't be surprised if even the president was a pirate :)
    We have no or only bad legal alternatives...

• darwin12 said: Romania: Land where even judges pirate. I wouldn't be surprised if even the president was a pirate :) We have no or only bad legal alternatives...

So, you not only registered today just to throw questioning about cociu's services (funny thing is that there are 1-2 other cases of newcomers that registered on LET having the same target as you) but now you throw shit to a whole country with speculations that simply are not true. Pirate judges? The worst legal example? Oh, my, could you tell us about your (obviously the most democratic, transparent and with the best legal system) country, please?
    Seem that despite your nickname, what darwin described about human evolution does not apply to you...

darwin12 said: I am curious why a company would have two sites for similar service.

Many hosting companies are using different brands to approach different target groups, markets or just for marketing purposes. A lot are well respected here on LET. Why are you curious?

Thanked by 1default
  • qtwrkqtwrk Member

I don't know about you guys, but with HS I'd say I am satisfied in general, through some openVZ problem is really killing me, but can't ask too much with that price.

I'm planning to host a WordPress and nextcloud there for that much storage space.

• LTniger said: Hm, does the Romania have 0 DMCA enforcement?

Romania does have zero DMCA enforcement. That does not mean that it does not have copyright laws. DMCA is an USA law that does not apply to European Union. But EU does have regulations, so, exchange copyrighted material is against the law.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Plioser
  • cociucociu Member

jvnadr said: jvnadr

yah ,,,, preatty strange

• Justin417Justin417 Member, Host Rep

Love his services, I have 2 VPS servers from him.

root@vps18463:~# uptime
    13:07:24 up 75 days, 13:11, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.13, 0.09

And I've gotten even better uptime in the past :) (Had to reboot my VM for something)

The upload speed to the US ISP Verizon sometimes can be slow, but most of the time I see 50 Mbps or more.

edited April 2017

@jvnadr said:

darwin12 said: Romania: Land where even judges pirate. I wouldn't be surprised if even the president was a pirate :) We have no or only bad legal alternatives...

So, you not only registered today just to throw questioning about cociu's services (funny thing is that there are 1-2 other cases of newcomers that registered on LET having the same target as you) but now you throw shit to a whole country with speculations that simply are not true. Pirate judges? The worst legal example? Oh, my, could you tell us about your (obviously the most democratic, transparent and with the best legal system) country, please?

I live here, so I know.

I registered because I am looking for a cost effective alternative for scaleway, that has terrible peering with my home ISP, RCS&RDS. And also, sorry for finding it a bit odd that a perfume selling company does hosting too...

@cociu: as aprecia un raspuns la:

@darwin12 said:
    Is there a site where I can test the connection between your servers and my ISP? (GLASS or similar)? How's the peering with amazon west eu cloud?
    Can I use FUSE on KVM Starter VZ 1 ?

+peering RCS&RDS cum e?

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

darwin12 said: @cociu: as aprecia un raspuns la:

dont want to be a idiot but i am not obligated to answer about 2-3-5- eaven 999 sites ... nobody is obligated to have only one. I was told before i have targeted people , targeted country , etc etc , so i use every website for a tipical clients. Also i have more than 1 as number wich i use for the same reason , one is specially dedicated to LET people wich is AS44220 http://bgp.he.net/AS44220#_graph4 . About RCS-RDS yes we have peeriing direct with .... so if you are in rcs you will have almost a local network so less than 10ms pring. If is a KVM you can ask to enable FUSE after you will buy. Also please note : we have a shit module to install-reinstall your kvm ... for this is one reason wich i dont offer KVM here in LET ... so if you are patcient in wait/open tikets i am glad to provide , if not i prefere to tell you not buy.

Also if you compare price you will see the price beteen hostsolution and netsilvania is totaly different.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Since when is simply having multiple VPS brands a sign of something dodgy?

• @cociu, merci! Si scuze...

Now I know the difference between the two.

Thanks for the bgp.he.net link!
    I traced one of the IPs there and this is what I got:

tracert 188.213.49.1

Tracing route to 188.213.49.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 3 ms 7 ms 6 ms 10.0.0.1

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 8 ms 5 ms 5 ms br01.bucuresti.rdsnet.ro [213.154.124.94]

4 12 ms 14 ms 14 ms 81.196.193.242

5 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms 188.213.49.1

Trace complete.

Also please note : we have a shit module to install-reinstall your kvm

What does that mean? :)

edited April 2017

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

darwin12 said: Romania: Land where even judges pirate. I wouldn't be surprised if even the president was a pirate :) We have no or only bad legal alternatives...

Just see this comment , SAME of you ! you are a romanian guy and you blame your country ...

instead in make such comment about romania , try to promote something else like : we do not have only bitches , gipsy , etc etc , we have worker people , good place , mountains, eaven good people.

If all we complain about judges is corrupt and not take action ... what do you espect ? i have the posibility to move 7 different business from romania to another country where is more easy to play .... but i dont do this ... do you know way ? I am a romanian and i work for my country . I dont blame you but i feel your age is beteen 15-30 years due of your tipical comment "all is corupt" , "we cannot leave here" , "cannot be cheap and good" .

Now my final remarc , have people in asia , china, wich is deaming to live in shuch miserable country like romania , try to not blame your country and put in blance all the factors we have in the eart.

Sorry but cannot abtain about my country , i have leave in spain 10 years , all my respect for spanish people to tolerate us all emigrantes , but yes WITH ALL GOOD THERE I PREFERE MY FAMILY , COUNTRY , AND YES I PREFERE TO WORK DOABLE BUT STAY IN MY COUNTRY.

More ! i am totaly transparent ... do you know how Hostsolutions.ro was born ? if you have inspected my website you know.... so yes was posible to grow in your shit country , starting with ONLY ONE SERVER DL160 G6 DUAL CORE.

Today we own 12000 mp of warehouse , half for hosting half for perfumes , more than 800 servers. 6 different providers (and i am located in oradea so is not easy to have this)

• @cociu said:
    "cannot be cheap and good"

rcs&rds/Digi is cheap and awesome! And it's also from your city ;)

I am sorry, but until we have good alternatives to piracy everyone will keep pirating. I am not blaming anyone. Like it or not this is the truth.

• BarisBaris Member

And another thread from newly registered people asking for hostsolutions reviews.

OP make your research, we have more than enough testimonies out in the interwebs.

@cociu
    Thumbs up for being so patient. Me myself would go nuts to answer the same stuff over and over.

• @cociu I think your cart has a problem, any option I choose I get

The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name. Please enter your domain name below.

I am sure you don't need a domain for a storage server... Can you please fix it?

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

darwin12 said: I am sure you don't need a domain for a storage server... Can you please fix it?

put what you want there , for exemple domain.com and will work . Please note the storage servers will be delivered in 2-3 days so is a preorder .

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member

So, a week have passed since my 1Tb storage boxes were provisioned, and while i was more than satisfied with their performance initially (and was able to upload ~300Gb backup), performance is steadily deteriorating (evidently as node gets filled up and all the seedboxes start working). Yesterday i've received a message about failed backup cron job, checked logs and was surprised to discover that the issue was due to the fact that 20Gb partition dump took more than 24h to upload. I've logged in to one of the boxes and it is super slow. Takes like ~10s to start vi. ioping shows ~1-2 IOPS, sometimes up to ~10. I've left network benchmark running overnight and it is awfully close to reminding me dialup modem speeds:

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 188.213.***.***

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        185.7KB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          16.5KB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       13.0KB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       9.50KB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       30.6KB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       12.7KB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          10.8KB/s

So the question is, are there some temporary issues with the node or is it supposed to work like that?

• williewillie Member

darwin12 said:

I am sure you don't need a domain for a storage server... Can you please fix it?

Every whmcs I've seen asks for that that. Just type something into the field and keep going. Yawn.

• williewillie Member

Gamma17 said: all the seedboxes

This is where the iops are going, I bet. Network upgrade is in the works but I wonder what will happen with the iops. Cociu do you ever think of offering a storage-only product? Just scp/rsync, not vps, so can't run a seedbox.

• ayukasayukas Member
    edited May 2017

@Gamma17 said:
    So, a week have passed since my 1Tb storage boxes were provisioned, and while i was more than satisfied with their performance initially (and was able to upload ~300Gb backup), performance is steadily deteriorating (evidently as node gets filled up and all the seedboxes start working). Yesterday i've received a message about failed backup cron job, checked logs and was surprised to discover that the issue was due to the fact that 20Gb partition dump took more than 24h to upload. I've logged in to one of the boxes and it is super slow. Takes like ~10s to start vi. ioping shows ~1-2 IOPS, sometimes up to ~10. I've left network benchmark running overnight and it is awfully close to reminding me dialup modem speeds:

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 188.213.***.***

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        185.7KB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          16.5KB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       13.0KB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       9.50KB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       30.6KB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       12.7KB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          10.8KB/s

So the question is, are there some temporary issues with the node or is it supposed to work like that?

OK...
    After reading this post I went to check my small box, and found some wired things.
    The total disk space has been reduced by 25%.
    And the available space isn't correct either, because I haven't start using it, nothing is stored on it beside the system itself.

ftpusr@server1:~$ sudo df -h

[sudo] password for ftpusr:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/simfs 780G 1.8G 406G 1% /

none 512M 4.0K 512M 1% /dev

none 103M 52K 103M 1% /run

none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock

none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm

I'm sure in the first day I got the box, it was all fine with correct 1TB total space.

And I can't create new ticket in the panel now, I'm not sure it is just some regular maintenance or something worse is on the way...

• I'd recommend remaining calm as Marius delivers :)

• ayukasayukas Member

And it's keep shrinking:

/dev/simfs 779G 1.8G 404G 1% /

• williewillie Member

I think that means the host node is getting full, i.e. it has to be fixed at the server end, either by adding more space or by moving some containers to another node. This happens sometimes, it's not exactly normal, but as long as it gets straightened out reasonably soon I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ayukas said:
    And it's keep shrinking:

/dev/simfs 779G 1.8G 404G 1% /

@willie said:
    I think that means the host node is getting full, i.e. it has to be fixed at the server end, either by adding more space or by moving some containers to another node. This happens sometimes, it's not exactly normal, but as long as it gets straightened out reasonably soon I wouldn't worry too much.

Yes, that's how OpenVZ handles space once its starved. The 779GB value is what's left on the node side. It's possible he didn't grow the partition fully.

Francisco

• cociucociu Member

willie said: This is where the iops are going, I bet. Network upgrade is in the works but I wonder what will happen with the iops. Cociu do you ever think of offering a storage-only product? Just scp/rsync, not vps, so can't run a seedbox.

we are focused in the network right now , after this yes i will move some users to another nodes due of abuse ....

• cociucociu Member

Gamma17 said: So the question is, are there some temporary issues with the node or is it supposed to work like that?

what you have recived in the first day this is what will be . The problem is the network and the modulesfactory autoprovisioning module. Still have some orders withowt limits and this users is abusing. (unlimited traffic in whmcs ) so first we want to finish to upgrade the upc network (unfortunatly is verry difficult in weekend + today is hollyday ) so i hope tumorrow will be all ok. After this we will put the traffic limit what i have specified in the offer.

• cociucociu Member

willie said: I think that means the host node is getting full, i.e. it has to be fixed at the server end, either by adding more space or by moving some containers to another node. This happens sometimes, it's not exactly normal, but as long as it gets straightened out reasonably soon I wouldn't worry too much.

All storage node have at least 70% free space wich is much tb , the problem i think is his openvz is created in the wrong node .... so @Gamma17 please pm with your ip to see what happened there.