Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Arbor Day ★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 50¢ KVM ★ $18/YR Windows ★ $39 Dedis ★ 7 Locations - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Arbor Day ★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 50¢ KVM ★ $18/YR Windows ★ $39 Dedis ★ 7 Locations

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@VirMach: Is there any chance that the 512MB KVMs will be restocked? (Just asking. :-) )

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

rpollestad said: On your special offers page, the link for the Elite+ OVZ leads to the KVM SPEC-768. Same link.

Thanks for pointing this out. Not sure how it happened but it appears a member of our team has resolved this issue at this point.

/28 means 4 usable ipv4 or 1 usable ipv4? (on dedis)

13 usable, although 1 is for the IPMI so 12.

I believe it's 16 IPs, with 14 usable, and 13 after IPMI, but I just woke up after a long day so sorry if I'm incorrect.

ErawanArifNugroho said: I'm curious with tree planted in Indonesia. How do you do that? Have any organization related in here? Or any online service offering planting a tree?

We contacted an organization the US that goes around planting trees. We agreed we would give them a donation and send them over a spreadsheet of all the customers so they can send out tree certificates. The amount donated roughly equals how many trees they can plant with the funding.

They do trips to those locations or I assume have third parties plant in other countries for them. They did tell me they were planting trees in Colorado for the week, so they may actually go themselves.

Yes, this is the organization we're going with as they can meet our requests. There were a couple others in mind.

sunnwmy said: @VirMach Why is my $9 VPS canceled and refunded?

There are a few reasons you may have been cancelled and refunded: (1) not following directions, such as ordering a backordered location then asking for an update, (2) ordering a location that wasn't on the special, (3) if there was an error with provisioning due to some errors on our side or an error with your pricing, or (4) if you made a complaint that your VPS was in the wrong location, as we can't modify it.

wjt said: that was fast. the last time i think was christmas i managed to grab at least 9 micro openvz, and that was a few days after someone else shared it and not from virmach themselves (i think) with hundreds of comments in that thread. now, i'm only at comment number 20? And also the first day, and already sold out?

Sold out in like an hour probably. Restocked and sold out again. We're getting more servers soon in other locations so once we fill the backorders we may restock one last time. We'll also go through anyone who didn't complete their order and add the number back to stock.

NodePing said: Need me some ipv6... got any? @VirMach?

Sorry @NodePing we do technically have it on some locations but not in this offer and I wouldn't recommend using us for IPv6 at this time. We're basically discontinuing it due to issues with the datacenter.

thekreek said: @VirMach would it be possible to be approved on one order I made?

I was marked as fraud from maxmind, this is typical for me (not using a VPN)

Yes, it's possible. Open a billing ticket.

Edmond said: @VirMach are you restocking the Micro package again? Just hoping it doesn't get sold out in a hour again...

Maybe we'll do multiple smaller restocks. Check my response above.

angstrom said: @VirMach: Is there any chance that the 512MB KVMs will be restocked? (Just asking. :-) )

Yes, there's a chance. We'll evaluate stock levels once we get new servers.

Everyone, please respect our request to not contact live support, and do not create a ticket about backordered location. This is just a warning that we will cancel & refund your order if you do so, as we cannot afford to continue updating you on your order, especially if it's a clearly labeled backordered location.

This also goes for any complaints that your order was not generated in the correct location, when your geolocation tool has the wrong location listed for the IP address.

• @Virmach look forward to you restocking, but probably due to time zone...

• I noticed Frankfurt was on backorder when I was making my selection, so I avoided picking it. I am happy with the location I picked, but I was wondering for next time - had I picked a backorder location, would it still be delivered, I would simply have to wait longer for it?

• kh81kh81 Member
    edited April 2017

Any plans on restocking $3/year OpenVZ?

Chronic said: I noticed Frankfurt was on backorder when I was making my selection, so I avoided picking it. I am happy with the location I picked, but I was wondering for next time - had I picked a backorder location, would it still be delivered, I would simply have to wait longer for it?

Depends on the location selected. Frankfurt wasn't even part of the offer, so if you selected it you would not get the order. Which package was this one? There was an error where the wrong locations were displayed for some offers, but I thought it was fixed by now.

Backorders for the special will most likely be delivered in the next week, as the offer states.

Edmond said: @Virmach look forward to you restocking, but probably due to time zone...

kh81 said: Any plans on restocking $3/year OpenVZ?

Once we get more servers, might be restocked. P.S our system automatically adds back into stock as people cancel for a refund, so it does actually go to 1-2 stock every once in a while. In addition we will cancel all fraud orders in a few days so that should add some stock as well.

• @VirMach said:

Chronic said: I noticed Frankfurt was on backorder when I was making my selection, so I avoided picking it. I am happy with the location I picked, but I was wondering for next time - had I picked a backorder location, would it still be delivered, I would simply have to wait longer for it?

Depends on the location selected. Frankfurt wasn't even part of the offer, so if you selected it you would not get the order. Which package was this one? There was an error where the wrong locations were displayed for some offers, but I thought it was fixed by now.

Backorders for the special will most likely be delivered in the next week, as the offer states.

Edmond said: @Virmach look forward to you restocking, but probably due to time zone...

Once we get more servers, might be restocked. P.S our system automatically adds back into stock as people cancel for a refund, so it does actually go to 1-2 stock every once in a while. In addition we will cancel all fraud orders in a few days so that should add some stock as well.

Good to know, thanks. I'll come back and look daily then and hope you cancel orders. :)

Tree certificates will be sent out soon.

• EdmondEdmond Member

Do they come with vSwap by any chance for the OpenVZ?

• guyz92guyz92 Member

Installed Windows Server 2003 Datacenter on KVM-Special-768 package.
    Performance is good to run legacy web application.

But installing Windows requires chain boot grml iso from grub.
    grml must be booted to the ramdrive.

run portable qemu from grml and mount -hda /dev/vda.

Just wondering, does VirMach planning to include SystemRescueCD / Hiren / grml iso image for troubleshooting our KVM machine?

In the event that I need to resize my partition, I will need to boot up GParted to do the necessary disk resize operation.

• kh81kh81 Member

@VirMach said:

What do you consider "fraud"? Orders through VPN?

Edmond said: Do they come with vSwap by any chance for the OpenVZ?

No vSwap.

Just wondering, does VirMach planning to include SystemRescueCD / Hiren / grml iso image for troubleshooting our KVM machine?

We can mount those on request. They're not requested enough at this time to where we would make them available by default.

kh81 said: What do you consider "fraud"? Orders through VPN?

Any in the "fraud" status where it got declined by our automated system. If someone doesn't resolve it by contacting us, they'll be cancelled sometime soon.

• ehabehab Member

I appreciated the tree certificate. such things make me feel warm and there is a purpose. Thank allah then you virmach.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited May 2017

@VirMach said:

Edmond said: Do they come with vSwap by any chance for the OpenVZ?

No vSwap.

We can mount those on request. They're not requested enough at this time to where we would make them available by default.

kh81 said: What do you consider "fraud"? Orders through VPN?

Any in the "fraud" status where it got declined by our automated system. If someone doesn't resolve it by contacting us, they'll be cancelled sometime soon.

Darn, could use the vSwap... When are you canceling all the fraud orders?

Edmond said: Darn, could use the vSwap... When are you canceling all the fraud orders?

If you need vSwap, you probably need more RAM in which case, more RAM is available. vSwap ends up using other resources and delivering a worse experience to you than if you just purchase more RAM. If we offered vSwap, 256+256 would cost the same as 512.

The fraud orders will be cancelled at an unspecified time.

• KVM 2GB RAM $2.00 per month = $30.00 annually ?

• YandexYandex Member

KVM 768 plan said hostname invalid and cannot add to cart

• kurisokuriso Member
    edited May 2017

Virmach, I need two separate KVM linux VPS with at least 3gb ram but would prefer 4gb and at least 2 cores but would prefer 3 located in Los Angeles. Can we combine two SPEC-2 packages for each one?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

interesting thought.

can I just combine 2 "Elite+" ? so make it 4 vCore + 2GB RAM + 40GB = 2 USD/month

I noticed , that openVZ says "vCore" and KVM/windows says "CPU Core"
    what's different between ?

• EdmondEdmond Member

Do you by any chance offer IPv6 access on your VPS?

• Any restock on the $3/yr?

• Even in Buffalo :P

Backorders for Chicago OpenVZ are being filled tonight as well as fraud status orders being cancelled, which will result in a restock.

extremez said: KVM 2GB RAM $2.00 per month = $30.00 annually ?

Sorry that's a typo. I'll have this fixed. If anyone purchased this at $30 a year thinking it was $2/mo and no longer wants the service, please contact us for a cancellation & refund.

Yandex said: KVM 768 plan said hostname invalid and cannot add to cart

Use the most recent version of Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.

kuriso said: Virmach, I need two separate KVM linux VPS with at least 3gb ram but would prefer 4gb and at least 2 cores but would prefer 3 located in Los Angeles. Can we combine two SPEC-2 packages for each one?

Sorry, there's no combining of packages. I would recommend just purchasing our SSD4G package and using a coupon code such as LEB30 for 30% off. This will end up costing about the same as three of the SPEC-2 packages.

qtwrk said: can I just combine 2 "Elite+" ? so make it 4 vCore + 2GB RAM + 40GB = 2 USD/month

No combining packages, sorry.

We used to have OpenVZ packages have portions of logical cores. That's no longer the case for most packages. For KVM, you get full logical cores. In any case, they're both technically not physical cores.

It's just written differently in some portions of our site and price charts. I'll see if we can explain all this better.

Edmond said: Do you by any chance offer IPv6 access on your VPS?

No, sorry.

GenjiSwitchPls said: Any restock on the $3/yr?

See above.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited May 2017

@VirMach said:
    Backorders for Chicago OpenVZ are being filled tonight as well as fraud status orders being cancelled, which will result in a restock.

extremez said: KVM 2GB RAM $2.00 per month = $30.00 annually ?

Sorry that's a typo. I'll have this fixed. If anyone purchased this at $30 a year thinking it was $2/mo and no longer wants the service, please contact us for a cancellation & refund.

Yandex said: KVM 768 plan said hostname invalid and cannot add to cart

Use the most recent version of Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.

kuriso said: Virmach, I need two separate KVM linux VPS with at least 3gb ram but would prefer 4gb and at least 2 cores but would prefer 3 located in Los Angeles. Can we combine two SPEC-2 packages for each one?

Sorry, there's no combining of packages. I would recommend just purchasing our SSD4G package and using a coupon code such as LEB30 for 30% off. This will end up costing about the same as three of the SPEC-2 packages.

qtwrk said: can I just combine 2 "Elite+" ? so make it 4 vCore + 2GB RAM + 40GB = 2 USD/month

No combining packages, sorry.

We used to have OpenVZ packages have portions of logical cores. That's no longer the case for most packages. For KVM, you get full logical cores. In any case, they're both technically not physical cores.

It's just written differently in some portions of our site and price charts. I'll see if we can explain all this better.

Edmond said: Do you by any chance offer IPv6 access on your VPS?

No, sorry.

GenjiSwitchPls said: Any restock on the $3/yr?

See above.

You seem to be offering every location in the order page which is different and your not charging extra for certain locations anymore in the $3/yr plan. Was that intended? Don't want to make a order and then end up trying to get a refund or getting it changed if it's a error..

• @VirMach said:

What kind of windows do you provide for that package ?

★ 1GB RAM ★ 20GB Disk (SSD RAID 10), 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps, 1 IPv4, 1 vCore @ 2GHz, SolusVM/KVM+Windows - $18/yr

Edmond said: You seem to be offering every location in the order page which is different and your not charging extra for certain locations anymore in the $3/yr plan. Was that intended? Don't want to make a order and then end up trying to get a refund or getting it changed if it's a error..

There was some miscommunication on our team. This should have been resolved several days ago, but I believe since it was out of stock no one caught the issue. I do apologize. Yes, we'll be contacting everyone who didn't order in the advertised locations/prices.

starbetrayer said: ★ 1GB RAM ★ 20GB Disk (SSD RAID 10), 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps, 1 IPv4, 1 vCore @ 2GHz, SolusVM/KVM+Windows - $18/yr

Windows 2012 R2. We're also attempting to add Windows 2008 R2 to our list of options, soon.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@VirMach said:

Edmond said: You seem to be offering every location in the order page which is different and your not charging extra for certain locations anymore in the $3/yr plan. Was that intended? Don't want to make a order and then end up trying to get a refund or getting it changed if it's a error..

There was some miscommunication on our team. This should have been resolved several days ago, but I believe since it was out of stock no one caught the issue. I do apologize. Yes, we'll be contacting everyone who didn't order in the advertised locations/prices.

starbetrayer said: ★ 1GB RAM ★ 20GB Disk (SSD RAID 10), 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps, 1 IPv4, 1 vCore @ 2GHz, SolusVM/KVM+Windows - $18/yr

Windows 2012 R2. We're also attempting to add Windows 2008 R2 to our list of options, soon.

Oh, good to know. Too bad that plan sold out a few minutes after me posting this question..

Edmond said: Oh, good to know. Too bad that plan sold out a few minutes after me posting this question..

This plan isn't sold out.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • EdmondEdmond Member

@VirMach said:

Edmond said: Oh, good to know. Too bad that plan sold out a few minutes after me posting this question..

This plan isn't sold out.

Really? It's still shows that it's sold out (the OVZ 128MB one).