Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chipcore.com - Any reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chipcore.com - Any reviews?

I don't see any reviews about chipcore.com in LET or anywhere else. Is anyone using it? How's your experience with them?

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

The owner posted a thread yesterday or the day before that got deleted. Probably because he didn't have a provider tag. Seems like they're pretty new.

Thanked by 1MrKaruppu
  • MasonR said: The owner posted a thread yesterday or the day before that got deleted. Probably because he didn't have a provider tag. Seems like they're pretty new.

Okay, I wanted to know more about this company after seeing this post. Servers are pretty cheap but no mention about bandwidth. Not sure if they are reliable.

• MrKaruppu said: Okay, I wanted to know more about this company after seeing this post. Servers are pretty cheap but no mention about bandwidth. Not sure if they are reliable.

Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm currently having issues signing up (my birthdate is invalid?) also the registration form 'requires' my passport details.

I've sent off an email to see if it can be resolved, I'll also try and find out bandwidth limitations.

Thanked by 1MrKaruppu
  • WSSWSS Member

@ElliotJ said:
    Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm currently having issues signing up (my birthdate is invalid?) also the registration form 'requires' my passport details.

You did do DD/MM/YY, instead of MM/DD/YY, right?

• WSS said: You did do DD/MM/YY, instead of MM/DD/YY, right?

Yup, every variation feasible. Tried in both Safari and Chrome. It's still plausible that I'm doing something stupid though.

• @ElliotJ said:

WSS said: You did do DD/MM/YY, instead of MM/DD/YY, right?

Yup, every variation feasible. Tried in both Safari and Chrome. It's still plausible that I'm doing something stupid though.

Hello,

Did you try Internet Explorer?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@maldovia said:

@ElliotJ said:

WSS said: You did do DD/MM/YY, instead of MM/DD/YY, right?

Hello,

Did you try Internet Explorer?

They don't deserve customers if that's a requirement.

• maldovia said: Did you try Internet Explorer?

Hah, loaded up a Citrix session to test it. Still not working. Yeap, my birthdate is still a lie.

• @ElliotJ said:

maldovia said: Did you try Internet Explorer?

Hah, loaded up a Citrix session to test it. Still not working. Yeap, my birthdate is still a lie.

Are you possibly from the Matrix?

Thanked by 1racksx
  • JustRefleX said: Are you possibly from the Matrix?

Yorkshire, near enough?

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @ElliotJ said:

JustRefleX said: Are you possibly from the Matrix?

Yorkshire, near enough?

That is the The Twilight Zone. :P

• WSSWSS Member

@ElliotJ said:

maldovia said: Did you try Internet Explorer?

You gave up any semblance of a life when you took on modship.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

That madness, Selectel 8Gb for $8.. :) They asking fill up form with passport data after registration.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • Suddenly couldn't connect to there site after failing to find reviews.

• I also tried to take a look, but I am not going to give passport details during sign up.

• Min prepay around $16 with PayPal and $1,8 with CC

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

Well, it's a data center Selectel. This is new site for tehnodom.com :)

We bought 2 servers on new configurations.

C10R-SSD / Intel i7 / 64 GB / 2x250 GB SSD / 50.58$ - 2900руб:

Server configuration:

C01 / Intel i3 / 2/48 GB / 1x30 GB SSD / 8.43 $ - 500руб.

Server configuration:

Payment method montly bill.

I also tried to take a look, but I am not going to give passport details during sign up.

This is CIS, in CIS not checked your passport data. You can write random data.

• Yet another one asking for this shit.....it is getting old fast. No reason they should have any data like this at all.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited April 2017

Okay, so a slight update:

After sorting out my odd issue with registration, I was able to place orders.
    Passport information was not 'required' for sign-up, blanking out with 0s worked fine. I asked support if that was alright, and they're fine with it.

I added three months worth of credit via PayPal, however now all the cheap i3 servers are sold out. Bummer. Advice from support was to wait until someone cancels... great.

Looking through the website, it seems like all servers are connected at 100mbps unmetered, so if you don't need much storage and you're okay with your server sitting in Russia then it's not so bad - As long as you manage to order one.

EDIT: (A few hours after I posted the above) - I replied to the advice regarding the advice to sit and wait. The gist of my response was a request to 'hold' the first one available, as it's not entirely feasible for me to constantly monitor stock availability. I understand things are first-come-first-served, no big deal.
    Head of technical support responded that he'll try and sort something out next week, so that's pretty cool. In their defence, their support thus far has been prompt and courteous, especially considering I'm not yet a customer and I've sent in a good few replies. If/when I receive a server, I'll update with additional benchmarks, etc.

• WSSWSS Member

@ElliotJ said:

Passport information was not 'required' for sign-up, blanking out with 0s worked fine. I asked support if that was alright, and they're fine with it.

I added three months worth of credit via PayPal, however now all the cheap i3 servers are sold out. Bummer. Advice from support was to wait until someone cancels... great.

Looking through the website, it seems like all servers are connected at 100mbps unmetered, so if you don't need much storage and you're okay with your server sitting in Russia then it's not so bad - As long as you manage to order one.

Still better than OneProvider.

• @WSS said:

@ElliotJ said:

Still better than OneProvider.

Hey now! My OneProvider is fine as it sets there and idles on debian 7. Just don't try to reinstall or get and ILO.