Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need west coast dedicated, 32gb+, E3+, 2x1TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need west coast dedicated, 32gb+, E3+, 2x1TB HDD

E3-1240v2 or better
32gb ram minimum
2 1TB HDD
1gbit port, at least 5TB monthly
IPMI or KVM is a must
/29 IPv4, DDoS not required
West Coast (WA preferred, not a must though)

Budget: Somewhere around the $50/mo range, open to paying quarterly or annually if deal is good enough.

Comments

• RizRiz Member

pricing is a bit low on your end... but...

@qps

Thanked by 1qps
  • For that much disk and ram you probably want to increase your budget.

• ssftssft Member

@dedipromo said:
    For that much disk and ram you probably want to increase your budget.

Virmach has same/better specs and only $39/mo, except it's NY. So I wouldn't say the budget is too far off base.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

RAM prices are really high right now, especially on the unbuffered stuff these systems use. Just something to keep in mind.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@ssft said:
    Virmach has same/better specs and only $39/mo, except it's NY. So I wouldn't say the budget is too far off base.

However, power and bandwidth costs are not the same in NY/Buffalo vs West coast, hence why west coast would cost more.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2017

ssft said: Virmach has same/better specs and only $39/mo, except it's NY. So I wouldn't say the budget is too far off base.

This is like comparing an apartment in the ghetto to an apartment in the suburbs. Buffalo is cheap for a reason.

While they do get cheaper power and that contributes to the lower price, also remember you get what you pay for. The network blend obviously leaves something to be desired or you would have already purchased one and be using it instead, as difference in latency should only be about 20-30ms max (which should be nominal for most use cases), so you obviously already tested their network and decided it wouldn't work for you, this is why it is cheaper.

You need to up your budget (a bit) to secure this at any half decent data center.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!