Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for inexpensive unmanaged dedicated server New York
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for inexpensive unmanaged dedicated server New York

smansman Member
edited June 2013 in Providers

Don't need anything fancy but I do need a good solid consistent connection because I am doing VoIP. It's a lot more sensitive to jitter and momentary drop outs.

Something basically the same as these guys who I just purchased an E3-1230 from. Looking for same pricing as well although I know NY tends to be a bit more.
http://gorillaservers.com/dedicated.php
That $99 plan is what we are looking for. Only need 2x1TB and also a /28.

NJ would probably be ok but I would not want to go out any further than that. Downtown NY would be the best. Yes I know pricing tends to be more but we have some in Manhattan now and the connectivity is very good and solid. Europeans get very good connections there to. I know technically NJ should only be a few ms away and just as solid but that's not always what happens for whatever reason. Probably because less capacity out there or more expensive bandwidth or whatever.

Comments

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. They look reasonable.

I do not necessarily want cheap. I do want inexpensive although the distinction is suttle. You can have the cheapest deal on the planet but that is not of much use if customers cancel because your connection sucks or you have a lot of downtime.

The trick is finding the right balance of both I guess.

• @sman said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. They look reasonable.

I do not necessarily want cheap. I do want inexpensive although the distinction is suttle. You can have the cheapest deal on the planet but that is not of much use if customers cancel because your connection sucks or you have a lot of downtime.

The trick is finding the right balance of both I guess.

You will be happy with ReliableSite based in New Jersey, they run on Choopa network which is great.

• edited June 2013

If you haven't found a provider yet or I can be of any help please let me know. I have servers hosted in a datacenter directly in the city and I'm sure we can work out a deal.

• dnwkdnwk Member

www.turnkeyinternet.com use chat to talk to them and ask for those previous deal

• smansman Member

city

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

@dnwk said:
    www.turnkeyinternet.com use chat to talk to them and ask for those previous deal

Thanks for the suggestion. The prices as listed on their site look a bit high to me.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

NYC is an expensive market to operate in.

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

@jbiloh said:
    NYC is an expensive market to operate in.

I do expect to pay a bit of a premium. I already have a server in Manhattan. In one of the data centers that never went down after Hurricane Sandy even though they were supposedly without external power for a week.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Yeah many facilities had terrible problems the week post Sandy. Brutal.

• omlinuxomlinux Member
    edited June 2013

ok np

• SpiritSpirit Member

@omlinux you should seriously stop doing that. You're bumping up old threads with some nonrelated posts all the time. Just stop it! Take some rest or something.