Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

QuickPacket – Dedicated Server Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickPacket – Dedicated Server Review

AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited June 2013 in Reviews

Hey,

Thought I should write a quick review for QuickPacket ( @qps ) as there services are above and beyond. I have used dedicated servers from lots of providers, including OVH and Turnkey Internet. I have two servers with them now:

Server1 Dual Xeon L5420 with 2x1TB/ 1 x 2TB/ 1 x 128GB SSD and a /26 (60 IP’s) Block.
Server2 Dual Xeon L5420 with 4 x 1TB and a /27 (30 IP’s) Block

Both servers have a 1Gbit uplink (20TB) cPanel Licence and Softaculous Licence. Server1 is about $200/month and server2 is about $150/month.

Before I signed up I was a bit sketchy as they have stock WHMCS and their website is a bit outdated (Prices e.g.) and there live chat has never been online (I’m on their site a lot), but I signed up as they seemed active on here/wht and there was no bad reviews. When I signed up with qp I was a bit of a dick, my business plan changed and I did not require the server, so I tried to flog it.

But I them kept the server and started to use it, the servers preforms very well and the HD’s are great (Except the SSD (840 pro) which is 117MB/s) The network is great, but had a lot of issues with nLayer speed in Atlanta, which took nLayer about 5 days to resolve, but that wasn’t there issue, also had some issues with TINET which fixed them self after 3 days.
Support is fantastic in Atlanta time 8AM to 10PM, after about 12AM there time there seems to be no support (Not has emergency issues, so they may only have someone for emergency’s) I’m pretty sure they have on site staff as it takes a few minutes for new drives to be added e.g.

Only think I really dislike is none of their support staff have names, it’s just ‘Technical Support’ which I really dislike, as I feel I’m not speaking to a person, but that’s just me.
I already expanded to 2 servers from them, and hope to get more servers from them, just waiting for a special offer on their E3 servers.

Support 9/10
Staff 9/10
Network 10/10
Price 10/10
Upgrades 10/10
Server Setup 10/10

There the best host I have used imho.

Comments

• dnwkdnwk Member

Agree. I use their lowend special dedi. Pretty decent. Network, I would say met my expectation for that price. If they can get PCCW/BTN, that would be great.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

@AlexanderM @dnwk Thanks for the kind words. We're in the process of looking for another bandwidth provider and I hope to have some news to announce about it soon.

We (QuickPacket) also have more of the LEB special in stock.