Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corgi Tech - VMware VPS for $6 - London (UK) and USA : Dallas/ LA / New York
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corgi Tech - VMware VPS for $6 - London (UK) and USA : Dallas/ LA / New York

KakashiKakashi Member
edited January 2012 in Offers

Ladies and Gentlemen during this festive season we are back with another mouth watering promotion. We've had some excellent feedback and are looking to expand further. This time around we can offer the same high standards of VPS hosting at three locations in the USA and one in the UK.

Here is what you can get for your $6.

-> 20GB Raid 10 Storage
-> 512MB Dedicated RAM
-> 2 CPU Cores
-> 1TB Bandwidth on a 100mbit connection.
-> Web Control Panel Access (Upon request)
-> *Complimentary Off site weekly backups.

https://corgitech.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=10 and use code : CORGI50

The above code works with all of our offers and will expire at some point early January 2012.

We have a few customers here on Lowendbox who I am sure will vouch for our support and quality of service.

Test IP and files for both locations can be found at the bottom of our VPS page : corgitech.com/linux_vps.html

We only have IPv4 available at the moment. Domain Name registration, Cpanel and Management options are exlcuded from the offer. Anonymous Proxies, Medium to Heavy Video Encoding, Seedboxes etc... are not permitted. IRC rules are dependent on location so please contact us for details. New orders only.

Comments

• iKockaiKocka Member
    edited January 2012

IMHO your service is average. Disk I/O is getting lower and lower every day. I can get better service for the same money at other providers.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 22.3384 s, 48.1 MB/s
  • KakashiKakashi Member
    edited January 2012

The only hosts where we might be getting such speeds is our very first server in Dallas and EU which are now at full capacity. The rest would be over 100Mb/sec easy. The two new hosts (Dallas #2 UK#2) are hardly being utilised.

• **New York: **

[root@vps1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.84492 seconds, 109 MB/s

**LA: **

[root@desktop64 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.07077 seconds, 212 MB/s

Dallas #2

[root@ct1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.09535 seconds, 176 MB/s

UK #2

[root@vps1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.98691 seconds, 154 MB/s

Anyways my point is the speeds do vary depending on the time of day and which host and location you are on.

• @Kakashi said: Anyways my point is the speeds do vary depending on the time of day and which host and location you are on.

I guess I'm on UK #1 then.

@Kakashi said: The only hosts where we might be getting such speeds is our very first server in Dallas and EU which are now at full capacity. The rest would be over 100Mb/sec easy. The two new hosts (Dallas #2 UK#2) are hardly being utilised.

No offense, but where is the point of showing us results achieved on empty nodes. We are not going to be able to achieve them after 1 month. In fact, 20 days back I/O speed was 80 MB/s, today is 50 MB/s. I wonder how much it will decrease in next 10 days. If things don't improve I will be canceling my VPS.

• They aren't empty nodes just not being utilised as much as the other two in terms of disk activity. We have identified a couple of users on UK#1 who are involved with video encoding and as of yesterday sent warnings that it's against our AUP. I am sure you'll see an improvement once those nodes are terminated or otherwise.

• 48MB/s is fine throughput honestly, why in the world do you need 100MB/s? Sure it looks pretty, ooh big number, but 50MB/s is a good speed. More important would be the results of ioping.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • setup instant?

• No it's not instant. Usually under 1 hour during UK Business Hours + Weekends and 1-3 hours outside of normal business hours.

• @Kairus said: 48MB/s is fine throughput honestly, why in the world do you need 100MB/s? Sure it looks pretty, ooh big number, but 50MB/s is a good speed. More important would be the results of ioping.

I agree with @LowEndAdmin's expectation of at least having 20MB/sec
    Indeed, most of us dont need 100MB/sec etc, its just a number

• I am with Corgi since quiet some months now and its very very great. I will recommend it to anyone looking for a decent VMWare based VPS