Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iperweb Cloud KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iperweb Cloud KVM

LeeLee Veteran

Anyone tried it and got any feedback? Looks like a neat setup that would work well for a couple of things I need done.

http://my.iperweb.com/cart/cloud-kvm/&step=0

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@W1V_Lee - it's Prometeus, Uncle Sal provides only the best services!

• I've got an account there. Actually, the first one I think, as I've been asking them for a reseller-like account for some time now (I want the freedom to create my own servers). It's pretty good, everything is integrated into HostBill but you can also control everything from SolusVM. Basically HB functions as an alternative to the SolusVM Reseller CP.

I'd contact them about this, though, because I'm unsure how final these plans are.

@prometeus :-)

• trexostrexos Member

VPS Limit: 2

Does this mean I can run two VPS on the VPS?

• Means you can run 2 VPS's period within the resources that you purchased. Our system is pretty similar though the VPS limit is really down to the IP limit :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@gbshouse said:
    W1V_Lee - it's Prometeus, Uncle Sal provides only the best services!

Indeed, which is why I am interested however as someone pointed out, I am not sure if this is a permanent feature.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2013

Hello !

it is an experimental feature, I am not sure we are ready for primetime yet.
    It has nothing to do with the real cloud, we will try to give a IaaS setup with the real cloud and this is something to test the waters. It is not the first test to see how people would like having more VPSes under 1 account, but the previous test with atomic back-up VPSes failed miserably. Everyone made just one :)

Regarding if this is a permanent feature or not, no, it will probably not stay this way, will either have more plans or will be stopped and switch to the real IaaS, however, who has already this service, regardless of the outcome, will not be terminated/moved, we try to keep all our past commitments.

Please be aware it is not permanent yet, just a test. Buy at your own risk, it may have bugs and be unstable, for example provisioning needs to be tuned a bit, if you have any problem, open a ticket.

• Are the disks SAN/NAS or physical?

Do you need a core for every VPS you are running? What happens if you have 4 VPSs running 2 cores?

IPV6?

• It uses their new SAN AFAIK. You need at least 1 core per machine. All IPv4 have an equivalent /112 in IPv6 I believe.