Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

Regardless of what you agree on in the ToS it is my understanding that these lines are not binding you by law as per se. When I was going to offer Webhosting on my website a friend who is a lawyer stated that even though I may state in my ToS that I don't provide any backup/SLA or some other feature it does not mean I can get away with it if brought to court/paypal dispute. In fact he said ToS are one of the most complicated things to handle because even though something is stated there it is not necessarily abiding the law. Which then again is an even bigger issue with international contracts/deals as the consumer and company are often situated geographically different. As for Germany, where I am from, he said that he can very well imagine a customer winning a chargeback when all the vps data is lost due to some system error or w.e. even though host states they do not take backups.

What I'm trying to say is ToS is not the holy paper here either. There is something to be expected from a company when entering in a deal such as hosting that includes but is jot limited to a fair share of COMMUNICATION no matter the price of the plan the customer signed up for. At this rate you can't simply say "Hey you paid a price for a chicken burger to get that service". A company in a business like this would still be expected to reply in a fair amount of time. If they think they can afford this with a pricing as low as this so be it. Not the consumers fault either.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • Final episode about this story.

PayPal has closed the my chargeback / claim with QuadHost; I have been fully refunded.

This demonstrates that QuadHost ToS is not "the holy paper" and that it's possible to have a refund for the terrible disservice had with QuadHost, even if they refuse to refund and even if they ask for £150 admin charges if you try to open a chargeback.

Let me suggest EVERY QuadHost user who had the DE node issue to file a claim & chargeback on PayPal; you have 180 days since payment to do that.

Make us understand Mr. George Wych that his "ToS" and "SLA" are "not the holy papers" and he has to respect the laws.

Meanwhile Mr. Wych has so well understood that cohoperation with customers is important for businness, that he has already totally deleted my account (and therefore EVERY VPS I had with him) from his systems.

Good Luck everyone.

Marco

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@marcolino_is_back said:
    Final episode about this story.

PayPal has closed the my chargeback / claim with QuadHost; I have been fully refunded.

This demonstrates that QuadHost ToS is not "the holy paper" and that it's possible to have a refund for the terrible disservice had with QuadHost, even if they refuse to refund and even if they ask for £150 admin charges if you try to open a chargeback.

Let me suggest EVERY QuadHost user who had the DE node issue to file a claim & chargeback on PayPal; you have 180 days since payment to do that.

Make us understand Mr. George Wych that his "ToS" and "SLA" are "not the holy papers" and he has to respect the laws.

Meanwhile Mr. Wych has so well understood that cohoperation with customers is important for businness, that he has already totally deleted my account (and therefore EVERY VPS I had with him) from his systems.

Good Luck everyone.

Marco

Fuck you, you ban evading cunt.

• TomTom Member

>

Never could have guessed who this is.. anyone have any pointers?

• BopieBopie Member

@nekki said it best

• i83i83 Member
    edited May 2017

@marcolino / @marcolino_is_back I feel that your recent comments have twisted the truth and you should post the full responses as outlined to you.

Your account was locked (services remained up however just not adjustable) when you opened the dispute claiming the NAT resource bundle service wasn't provided, your services were online up until the point you confirmed you had no data you had to recover after paypal found the dispute in your favour.

Yes we have a claus in our policies regarding malicious chargebacks and the fact a administrative fee will be charged in the event; would this be enforced on a i-83.net based service; highly unlikely, on a cluster of dedicated servers on a quarterly or annual billing cycle; yes.

All affected NAT services in DE have been migrated to the UK or the other locations requested by users, all tickets I can personally see in the ticket desk relating to migrations past this morning are now cleared. I believe the @QuadHost main services were re-created/restored shortly after the initial outage. All WHMCS products will have updated renewal dates (service extensions) and IP information updated shortly however the correct IP's can be found under the management interface.

Issues regarding NAT resource bundle IP assignments are still being resolved with @virtualizor and should be fixed in the next major update based on testing.

Whilst we have learnt our mistakes from the delay in communication during this time we understand further changes need to be made moving forward. A larger support team will be on hand to assist in day to day response time management and to assist in any further issues such as this if they ever recur.

DE was handled badly in terms of communication, partly due to delay in our issues being responded to via the local NoC and partly due to not wanting to promise deadlines when many of the delays were out of our control. A further delay was then faced by attacks to other locations ( @leapswitch , @clouvider and many to OVH ) to cause harm to our other services, users and upstreams.

In light of these recent attacks we will be re-thinking our NAT based lineup as some of you have commented on since the attacks began.

If anyone has any further questions/comments about our NAT services then please open a support ticket with us.

• I have put my old nickname just to let know who was posting> @Nekki said:

Fuck you, you ban evading cunt.

I have put my old nickname just to let users know who was posting because I thought it could be interesting to users know the end of the story and let other QuadHost users that PayPal can refund them.

I could simply use a different nick and an anonymous email (instead of my [email protected] address) and tell "hey I had the same problem, and I suceeded", but I had preferred to be honest.

And I don't think you should use these bad words and insults for that.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • Been there done that.
    Once bitten twice shy.
    Third time I am a fool
    I will stay away from them.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@marcolino_is_back said:

And I don't think you should use these bad words and insults for that.

And I don't think you should use an alt account for posting when you're banned, but fuck it right, it's 'do whatever the fuck you want' day as far as I can tell, now fuck off back to whence you came.

• edited May 2017

@Nekki said:
    And I don't think you should use an alt account for posting when you're banned

Thanks for your opinion.

but fuck it right, it's 'do whatever the fuck you want' day as far as I can tell, now fuck off back to whence you came.

This way you are just insulting me (useless) and trolling a thread that could be of some use to other users.

I'd prefer to know if you have something to say about the QuadHost / i-83 DE-node problem, their TOS or SLA; I think this is why this forum exists.

• williewillie Member

My FLK vps was successfully migrated to LDN with a 3 month service extension. While I still have reservations about relying on the product, I recognize the good faith effort to straighten the situation out, and I appreciate it. Thanks @i83.

• BopieBopie Member
    edited May 2017

@marcolino_is_back said:

@Nekki said:
    And I don't think you should use an alt account for posting when you're banned

Thanks for your opinion.

but fuck it right, it's 'do whatever the fuck you want' day as far as I can tell, now fuck off back to whence you came.

This way you are just insulting me (useless) and trolling a thread that could be of some use to other users.

I'd prefer to know if you have something to say about the QuadHost / i-83 DE-node problem, their TOS or SLA; I think this is why this forum exists.

The forum exists for people who follow the rules, you're a c*** and did not follow rules and got banned and then broke the rules yet again like a c*** and ban evaded.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@marcolino_is_back said:

I'd prefer if you followed the rules and accepted that you were banned and moved on, but seeing as it's 'do what the fuck you want day'....etc

• @Bopie said:
    The forum exists for people who follow the rules, you're a cunt and did not follow rules and got banned and then broke the rules yet again like a cunt and ban evaded.

Yes, I know, and I will be banned again I think. But I have decided to be honest and put my nick again.

As you quote the rules:

Don't do things that decades of netiquette have shown to be offensive.
    (...)
    When you pull out your big boy language, make sure it's pointed at something other than another LET member.

You should know that you too are breaking the rules.

Won't reply anymore to insults.

Don't be so angry; anger will come back to you one day or another. It's the kharma law.

I hope I have helped other LET users. Have a good life.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • tenperatenpera Member

@i83 quadhost.net is down, i-83.net is down.

• is their sg node is okay ?

• MaherMaher Member

Both websites are down

• Probably another DDOS attack. It's been quite flaky recently.

• i83i83 Member

@tenpera said:
    @i83 quadhost.net is down, i-83.net is down.

@Maher said:
    Both websites are down

Both websites are being slammed.

@yokowasis said:
    is their sg node is okay ?

All VPS/hypervisors operating normally and unaffected.

• jaejae Member

@quadhost @i83 Singapore VPS down now

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jae said:

So you've exhausted all methods of contact with them before posting here I guess ?

• FaiziFaizi Member

@jae said:

Mine was down for 12 hours on the 13th. Support replied they were being attacked and IP were null-routed.

This time I just cancelled mine. Can't complain much though for GBP1/month in SG.

• LESLES Member

i83 said: All VPS/hypervisors operating normally and unaffected.

tai2-sg is down for some days now

• psb777psb777 Member

@LES said:

http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Down for 3 days in a row and still counting. Client area also unresponsive, could hardly open a ticket. Kudos.

• williewillie Member

London seemed down but it's more like my vps's NAT ipv4 ssh port is refusing connections. I can connect by ipv6 though establishing connection is quite slow.

• Guys dont you get it.
    Is never the provider fault okay?
    If you waited for 2 weeks and no reply, it is also your duty to give ample time. Customer should have the patience.
    And you jolly well dont charge back.
    Undestand?

• @Clouvider said:

@jae said:

So you've exhausted all methods of contact with them before posting here I guess ?

Yeah you are right mate.
    If i am him, i will fly over to raise a suport ticket.

Is this good enough?

• layfonlayfon Member

Letisbest said:
    Guys dont you get it.
    Undestand?

No.

• @psb777 said:

@LES said:

http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Down for 3 days in a row and still counting. Client area also unresponsive, could hardly open a ticket. Kudos.

https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

Ongoing DDoS attack it seems

• psb777psb777 Member

@Letisbest said:
    Guys dont you get it.
    If you waited for 2 weeks and no reply, it is also your duty to give ample time. Customer should have the patience.
    And you jolly well dont charge back.
    Undestand?

Understood! Loud and clear.

This discussion has been closed.