Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• Wow, long thread. tl;dr

I'd just like to say that I have two NAT servers with those guys and they work just fine. At the price I wouldn't expect any support, but I suppose if it's down I'd give them a heads-up.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:
    I'm glad QH has finally responded to clients again and posted that update, but it still sounds like the owner is pursuing unrelated opportunities and has possibly lost interest in Quadhost, so (at some level) doesn't care if it has much of a future.

Where did that come from?

• WSSWSS Member

Welp- OP banned.

• Nekki said:

The long silences and indifferent responses when we heard anything at all.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said:

The long silences and indifferent responses when we heard anything at all.

That implies he's pursuing other opportunties and has lost interest?

Could he not just be hiding and avoiding LET until he gets everything sorted because he doesn't want to deal with the shit-storm?

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    Could he not just be hiding and avoiding LET until he gets everything sorted because he doesn't want to deal with the shit-storm?

I assume this is the case, but he really has lost face. It's sad that it happened to him, but by sticking his head in the sand and ignoring his clientele, he really hasn't done himself any favors.

• Nekki said:

That he's pursuing other opportunities is a known fact, documented on one of the other threads. He's working at some other company as an apparent day job. That he's losing/lost interest in QH is a plausible inference from what's been happening with QH recently, plus the above. It's not a definite thing but I'd consider it a reasonable basis for users' planning.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@willie said:

Nekki said:

That he's pursuing other opportunities is a known fact, documented on one of the other threads. He's working at some other company as an apparent day job. That he's losing/lost interest in QH is a plausible inference from what's been happening with QH recently, plus the above. It's not a definite thing but I'd consider it a reasonable basis for users' planning.

Documented ? Could be he case of not updating a profile maybe ? Could it be a freelance where he is listed for jobs but not actually taking any ? Did someone contacted him through this company ?

With all due respect to whoever 'documented' it but it's far from being confirmed. That's jumping to conclusions based on clues not facts.

Thanked by 2WSS Nekki
  • Clouvider said:

Documented ? Could be he case of not updating a profile maybe ?

Shrug. Sure, there have been instances in history of documents saying things that were wrong, maybe not intentionally. They are still documents. The stuff I saw looked ok to me. Are you in any contact with the guy? Do you know something we don't? If yes, maybe you could spill it instead of thinking up hypothetical straws that could still possibly be grasped.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said:

That he's pursuing other opportunities is a known fact, documented on one of the other threads. He's working at some other company as an apparent day job.

I saw a profile on a company website. Was there something else?

I would probably expect most small providers to have 'day' jobs. Doesn't imply their don't care about their hosting business, just that they like to eat from time to time.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Ole_Juul
  • MaherMaher Member

@WSS said:

@Clouvider said:

@Maher said:
    They didn't even dare to keep those nodes in their status cake anymore directly after this thread, this is interesting

Well, they ceased this location so why would they ?

Plus point is for fighting to get the data back, minus point for lack of continuous communication. This could have been manoeuvred in such a way to limit the damage a lot if only even basic communication would be provided (even in a form of more frequent status page updates).

It's the fact that they'll take the time to remove these hosts from StatusCake, but can't be arsed to send affected folks an email with any updates (we've found a new provider, we're set to migrate all client data) beyond adding a couple paragraphs in fortnight increments is an outright slap in the face.

I'd be surprised if they end up making it out of this without losing more clients who aren't directly affected. I sure as hell don't trust them to handle emergencies at this point.

That's a hell lack of communication, at least a host representative should have communicated with Q's clients to inform them about the changes and give them advice, instead of keeping everything calm and leaving everyone with 0 idea about what's happening behind the scenes.

• Nekki said:

I would probably expect most small providers to have 'day' jobs.

That would count as pursuing unrelated opportunities. It's possible to do both at the same time, but the other part of the QH picture is that QH looks to be falling by the wayside.

• Why was OP banned?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rocket said:
    Why was OP banned?

Insults towards someone's mother would be my bet.

Thanked by 4jvnadr rocket ex0 rds100
  • They just posted this on their Twitter

• @rocket said:
    They just posted this on their Twitter

Someone's pissed.

• Sheesh, whoever is dos'ing them isn't helping the situation at all. I'm glad that QH is showing signs of life again though.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @Dextronox said:

@rocket said:
    They just posted this on their Twitter

Someone's pissed.

Yep, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

• This remember me Crissic and Evoburst :-(

• Dammit. I missed the sh*tfest. Too much Discord :(

• @doghouch said:
    Dammit. I missed the sh*tfest. Too much Discord :(

Discord is for hosers.

• rocket said: Yep, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Why?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:

rocket said: Yep, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Why?

So you can save money on your booters.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • pbgben said: So you can save money on your booters.

But I just got a new pair from @WSS

• WSSWSS Member

DAMN BLACK LADY HACKER FROGGERS!

(If one person understands the reference above, welp.. you owe me 10bux)

• Meanwhile nobody here has said anything about ContraWeb... there's another thread about that host too.

• willie said: Meanwhile nobody here has said anything about ContraWeb... there's another thread about that host too.

That one seems to be hidden. At least I can't get to it without using search.

• IIRC it started out as an offer thread, but lately has been discussion about ContraWeb's disappearing act.

• willie said: IIRC it started out as an offer thread, but lately has been discussion about ContraWeb's disappearing act.

Yeah, it's here but just not in the discussion list.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ole_Juul said:

willie said: IIRC it started out as an offer thread, but lately has been discussion about ContraWeb's disappearing act.

Yeah, it's here but just not in the discussion list.

It's sunk because it's an offers post.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
This discussion has been closed.