Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

This is one of the most messed up threads I have read on LET. I don't know where to begin. But all in all, he got back his $2 dollars... I have to say... he was probably really pissed at the service to go to that extent over a $2 dollar vps. I hope lessons have been learnt on both sides and we see improvements regarding the services offered.

• psb777psb777 Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@psb777 said:
    http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Down for 3 days in a row and still counting. Client area also unresponsive, could hardly open a ticket. Kudos.

https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

Ongoing DDoS attack it seems

From the status page:

DDoS attack in progress against tai-sg core network services causing packetloss.

It's my understanding that packet loss due to DDoS is an understatement for a continuous downtime of 3 1/2 days.

• @psb777 said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@psb777 said:
    http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Down for 3 days in a row and still counting. Client area also unresponsive, could hardly open a ticket. Kudos.

https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

Ongoing DDoS attack it seems

From the status page:

DDoS attack in progress against tai-sg core network services causing packetloss.

It's my understanding that packet loss due to DDoS is an understatement for a continuous downtime of 3 1/2 days.

PM me your IP. I will see if its null'd/offline or packet loss

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

psb777 said: It's my understanding that packet loss due to DDoS is an understatement for a continuous downtime of 3 1/2 days.

did they offered DDoS protection with your plan at that location ?

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • psb777psb777 Member

GenjiSwitchPls said: PM me your IP. I will see if its null'd/offline or packet loss

# ping 111.221.x.x
    PING 111.221.x.x (111.221.x.x) 56(84) bytes of data.
    From 202.83.103.190 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

# ping6 2400:fb80:0:x::1
    PING 2400:fb80:0:x::1(2400:fb80:0:x::1) 56 data bytes
    From 2400:fb80:9::1 icmp_seq=2 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable

good enough?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@psb777 said: good enough?

Do a mtr of the IP. If it's nulled/offline you'll get 100% packet loss somewhere towards the last hops. If it's under a DDoS attack you'll get a high percentage of packet loss, but some packets will make it through.

• psb777psb777 Member

@Clouvider said:

psb777 said: It's my understanding that packet loss due to DDoS is an understatement for a continuous downtime of 3 1/2 days.

did they offered DDoS protection with your plan at that location ?

Of course not. How could I expect DDoS protection with an NAT crap that I lose only a few pounds a year? Sure, they can stay offline for as long as they please. On a serious note, really don't have much to complain as they had an acceptable uptime for the last few years.

• psb777psb777 Member

@MasonR said:

@psb777 said: good enough?

Do a mtr of the IP. If it's nulled/offline you'll get 100% packet loss somewhere towards the last hops. If it's under a DDoS attack you'll get a high percentage of packet loss, but some packets will make it through.

Actually I did. Got 100% packet loss. No packets made through, as "Destination Host Unreachable" ICMP error clearly indicted that the router had no idea how to make it get through.

• It's currently taking more than 5 minutes to load the CP. I have two cheap VPS with them, and one in Varna takes over 30 seconds to respond, and the other one in Singapore has stopped and can't be restarted. I've sent in a ticket for these problems and presumably they'll respond in the next day or so.

• jaejae Member

Clouvider said: So you've exhausted all methods of contact with them before posting here I guess ?

ticket submitted, but no response, that all i can do.
    If they understand, i want cursing them with my mother language.
    if you dont mind, pls do for me

Letisbest said: Yeah you are right mate. If i am him, i will fly over to raise a suport ticket.

submitting ticket and wait for replay is all i can do.
    btw, is it possible to get refund when there is no refund policy? my service should active till dec this year.

• I'm posting now to report my experience with @QuadHost
    I have one NAT storage VPS with the low end brand i-83
    I'd like to get another one, but the experience on the first has been too painful.
    The number of GB for storage is literally half of what it was advertised!
    Therefore I'm not able to upload my content!
    This lack of storage space has been going on since June, when the OS locked up with 100% disk full at 3GB!
    Only one response from him on 5th July (38 days ago) saying he was making an effort to add more storage, without causing downtime to users!
    Then no reply, going on 38 days, and no fixing of this storage issue!
    Still no reply after requesting a callback and opening another ticket on this topic!!
    This kind of hiding behavior, during a high priority tech support issue, is really unbelievable!
    Never experienced this total lack of customer service before at any host!
    Product storage size not as as advertised!
    @quadhost please come out of hiding and fix these storage issues right now!
    If you have to add a hard drive, or hire a more experienced linux openvz sysadmin to help you with it, if you're in above your skill level, don't be shy about it, just ask for help if you need it!

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2017

Dude, Quadhost is basically dead. Why do you still order one ? and bumping this old thread. @Quadhost is dead, and the company is taken by the Royal Palace or something like that.

Edit :
    Tagged @chris_c

• i83i83 Member

Hi LET,

Rather than reply point by point to each comment as that would take most of the day this is an overall summary based on the feedback received.

Joe is no longer managing social media and this account has now been restored.

DE & IN have been withdrawn to the large scale DDoS attacks we received even though the locations are never advertised as protected, upstreams do not take kindly to prolonged large attacks and as thus we moved the services to London, allowing all customers to retain data and restore elsewhere as/when required as advised on status pages.

We can't promise timeframes when our upstreams in those locations don't provide any insight into the delay.

@chris_c, you have a @i83 (i-83.net) NAT Storage VPS, QuadHost doesn't directly offer any storage VPS.

We, the i-83.net team is aware of the storage issue in NC and is bringing new services up to migrate and split the storage range out to other hypervisors.

Can you please PM me your ticket ID's please so I can take a further look and see what the issue with the team is?

• yokowasis said: @Quadhost is dead, and the company is taken by the Royal Palace or something like that.

No, we are alive. Crown isn't taking any action against us, as can be confirmed from Companies house.

If anyone has any issues with the way their tickets have been handled then PM me the ID and I can internally review. LET is not our ticket/support/sales desk and i-83.net sub-brand products are offered different support tiers than our main brand.

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited August 2017

@yokowasis said:
    Dude, Quadhost is basically dead. Why do you still order one ? and bumping this old thread. @Quadhost is dead, and the company is taken by the Royal Palace or something like that.

Hi @yokowasis

1. My client area says I ordered the nat storage vps service on 19 April. (Maybe it was 19 March or 5 April and he extended the date because of RAID rebuild issue caused IO to be so slow it made the server unusable.)
    2. Uptime for all 24 physical servers is 100% for the last 7 days http://statuscake.quadhost.net/
    3. The quadhost company status with the authorities says "active" in the online UK companieshouse listing http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/09661301

4. The server status page shows an ip6 issue in singapore from last week waiting on an ISP over there so obviously they are responding to issues recently. https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

5. Can you provide a reference showing that @i83 or @quadhost is taken over by the UK authorities??
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

chris_c said: Can you provide a reference showing that @i83 or @quadhost is taken over by the UK authorities??

he can't because it has not happen as per the registry. There's quite a few UK hosts that operate after they lost all their assets and think they are still cool, QH is not one of them as you can see from the registry.

• @i83 PM sent, with ticket number, as you requested.

• Hei, what do you know. They are alive. I guess the 38 days old ticket can be answered now ? A few months ago I personally consider moving to quadhost. But the negativity review about the lack of support and unstable Service made me reconsider

• jaejae Member

quadhost said: No, we are alive.

Great! QUADgHOST return .... please schedule to reply my ticket next century, please i begging you..

• @yokowasis said:
    Hei, what do you know. They are alive. I guess the 38 days old ticket can be answered now ? A few months ago I personally consider moving to quadhost. But the negativity review about the lack of support and unstable Service made me reconsider

Same boat, month old tickets and recurring issues. Ended up charging back. They didn't even reply to the claim.

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited August 2017

No reply from @i83 after almost 24 hours more.

As @quadhost requested, ticket number is 504922.

The issue is, disk space delivered (113 GB) is less than half of what is advertised (250 GB).

Filesystem     1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
     simfs          113711700 3259232  18768016  15% /

Very troublesome, only 18 GB is available for use ?!

That number should be 247 GB.

Quadhost, if you need help, please don't hesitate to ask - many skilled people here who could guide you how to bring this node's storage back up to spec.

• Both of my storage vps are up and running but yeah this silence isn't encouraging. They did successfully migrate FLK to London a while back though, indicating that they hadn't completely given up.

Thanked by 1i83
  • i83i83 Member
    edited August 2017

chris_c said: No reply from @i83 after almost 24 hours more.

As per response yesterday, we are deploying new systems and moving customers away from nc7 where the storage layer problem exists. Currently sat watching the storage and RAM pass burn in test before we move anyone over to it.

i83 said: We, the i-83.net team is aware of the storage issue in NC and is bringing new services up to migrate and split the storage range out to other hypervisors.

chris_c said: Quadhost, if you need help...

Again, you have a I-83.net based NAT Storage Solution, different teams, different products.

• 1 person in the company?

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • This is an insane thread, specially for the fact of still being around after so long. I feel obliged to come and report my experience with both Quadhost and i-83.

I'm a client for nearly two years now - I first subscribed to their KVM bundle, I then followed by subscribing to another bundle a month later and I still have a further OVZ and NAT VPSs with them. I regard them as the best value for money services I have and worth of my complete trust - in fact, I host some of my most important services and apps with them and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a trustworthy and solid provider.

The single issue i faced with them was when their Reims node came down about a year ago and I had to rebuild the two servers I had them - but i fully accept this things do happen and, for the price I pay, it is entirely my responsibility to keep backups in place.

They have always answered my tickets promptly, their service has been top-notch and, besides that inconvenience a year ago, I never had any downtime with them. Furthermore, they have always been extra patient with me during my initial learning curve, have always answered in a timely manner and promptly solved the few issues I had. It's been almost a year without a single minute downtime in any of the 7 VPS i currently have with them and the last ticket I have is dated from October 2016. At pair with Lunanode, Liteserver and ZXhost, they are my most trusted providers.

I do not doubt others may have different experiences but i strongly feel all the criticism in this thread is very unfair. I can't recommend this guys enough and my experience has been nothing but extremely positive and I look forward to staying a customer for a long time.

• edited August 2017

@Devas said:
    I'm a client for nearly two years now - I first subscribed to their KVM bundle, I then followed by subscribing to another bundle a month later and I still have a further OVZ and NAT VPSs with them. I regard them as the best value for money services I have and worth of my complete trust - in fact, I host some of my most important services and apps with them and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a trustworthy and solid provider.

They're a company on the verge of collapse. Sure, they use to be a fairly respectable provider (Pre Jan 2017), and I myself were quite satisfied with them. But to recommend them now, even knowing all the troubles they have had - unanswered tickets, faulty nodes, ect, is baffling.

They have always answered my tickets promptly, their service has been top-notch and, besides that inconvenience a year ago, I never had any downtime with them. Furthermore, they have always been extra patient with me during my initial learning curve, have always answered in a timely manner and promptly solved the few issues I had. It's been almost a year without a single minute downtime in any of the 7 VPS i currently have with them and the last ticket I have is dated from October 2016. At pair with Lunanode, Liteserver and ZXhost, they are my most trusted providers.

That's simply because they were running on autopilot for several months. If you had actually attempted to contact their support in the last 5-6 months you would know different.

I do not doubt others may have different experiences but i strongly feel all the criticism in this thread is very unfair. I can't recommend this guys enough and my experience has been nothing but extremely positive and I look forward to staying a customer for a long time.

Seriously, run.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Devas said:
    I do not doubt others may have different experiences but i strongly feel all the criticism in this thread is very unfair.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you feel it's unfair, given that largely it's based on tickets not being responded to, which is a matter of fact.

• Nekki said: Perhaps you could elaborate on why you feel it's unfair, given that largely it's based on tickets not being responded to, which is a matter of fact.

Yes, I can. I have just now raised a ticket within the client area and I received an answer from Wych exactly 5 minutes later. I replied with a follow up and received an answer back 10 minutes later. So, based on my own experience, I do think the criticism is unfair. I do not know you and the reasons for your bad experience with them. I'm in no way doubting you but I do not recognise any of the criticisms on this thread - in fact, just the opposite, my own experience with them has always been, and continuous to be, top-notch and i do highly recommend their service.

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited August 2017

Then I'm just baffled as to why my tickets in their client area were ignored for 38 days until I came here to post a "Call For Help", which they responded to here, but still then ignored my ticket for another 24 hrs, until I followed up here again, which they replied to here, but still not on the ticket. They're just flat out ignoring my tickets in the client area while they respond to yours @devas Why?

• I'm afraid I am unable to help you with that answer. The only thing I can state is based on my own personal experience with them. I do not know you, what your previous communication with them was, what you've done with your service previously, etc. Personally, and as I stated above, my own experience withe Quadhost and i-83 service has always been, and continuous to be, the very best.

What I can also say based on my own experience as a LET member for a year and half is that some providers that are highly recommended here turned out to be some of the most unreliable services I've had, while others that are trashed in this forum have proven themselves to be reliable, helpful and most professional.

This discussion has been closed.