Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Root Server vs Buyvm Slice, not a war!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Root Server vs Buyvm Slice, not a war!

mohsenghammohsengham Member
edited April 2017 in General

I have a Netcup root server with 12gb of ram and 4 dedicated cores (2.4 GHz). It really rocks but ssd storage is only 60GB, so I can't move all of my clients to this server. Load average is often under 1 and ram usage never hits 2gb!
Buyvm has a kvm slice plan with 8gb of ram, 2 dedicated cores (3.5 GHz) and 160GB of ssd.
I'm interested in buyvm more storage and ddos protection but a bit worried about cpu.
Do you think buyvm plan can get close to netcup's for hosting about 30 wordpress based website (most of them are low traffic). which one do you pick if it's your choice?
Thanks a lot

Star war!!!
  1. Which one is your favorite?31 votes
    1. Netcuo root server
      54.84%
    2. Buyvm Slice
      45.16%

Comments

• With the load you mentioned, I would say upgrade to buyvm. Also check if they offer offloaded mysql with this plan. If they do, then go with it eyes closed.

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • BG32BG32 Member

Frantech has a MySQL hosting service

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • I'd say BuyVM personally.

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • mohsenghammohsengham Member
    edited April 2017

@Junkless said:
    With the load you mentioned, I would say upgrade to buyvm. Also check if they offer offloaded mysql with this plan. If they do, then go with it eyes closed.

Great but no offloaded mysql in luxembourg!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you got some caching in place it'll fly :)

If you're interested I can give you a trial run.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • mohsenghammohsengham Member
    edited April 2017

@Francisco said:
    If you got some caching in place it'll fly :)

If you're interested I can give you a trial run.

Francisco

Thanks for this nice reply ;-)
    I use caching except for woocommerce websites (some clients complain about cache plugins even when they remove wp-config.php by mistake).
    I'll open a ticket pointing to this thread to request a trial tomorrow.