Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leasing IP Space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leasing IP Space

Doing research on leasing ips outside a data-center and trying to figure out how rDNS would be setup.

Could it be manged by a DNS provider?

Thanks.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

The PTR records can be set at any DNS server as long as the IP's RDNS are delegated to that server.

So you would need to ask the IP provider to delegate it to a name server of your choice.

• So I assume that aws s3 or a "cloud" dns provider would suffice as I am not sure if it would be smart to host the rDNS on the same infrastructure that the IP's are serving.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

pcfreak30 said: So I assume that aws s3 or a "cloud" dns provider would suffice as I am not sure if it would be smart to host the rDNS on the same infrastructure that the IP's are serving.

I do not think Route53/AWS does reverse DNS - only forward.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pcfreak30 said:
    So I assume that aws s3 or a "cloud" dns provider would suffice as I am not sure if it would be smart to host the rDNS on the same infrastructure that the IP's are serving.

What's the point for the IPs PTR to respond when thy are dead themselves ?

Thanked by 2Bopie rsk