Little proxmox Help with OVH

Little proxmox Help with OVH

DXDDXD Member

I have installed proxmox in my server and have got a FO IP. I tried to make a LXC container with centos template , putted all MAC, IP subnet, Gateway correctly but when i try to SSH it gets me connection refused. Checked network config in centos (container) but no luck...

anyone knows anything about it ?

Comments

• Did you put the gateway in correct that's usually the problem or the subnet mask is wrong. OVH has a certain way to configure all of that you have to read the guides. If I'm not mistaken the gateway needs to be the last 3 of your servers ip so .xxx or something of that sort best to just read the guide.

I don't buy or sell any products on LET so don't ask me because the answer is NO.

• DXDDXD Member

Read all guides. no luck.

• DXDDXD Member
    edited April 21

Tried to run this :

service ssh status ● ssh.service Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory) Active: inactive (dead)

• DXDDXD Member

Fixed it myself.

Strange OpenSSH-server was not installed.

Runned :

yum -y install openssh-server openssh-clients

chkconfig sshd on

service sshd start

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 21

Gateway for all VMs is ur main server ip with .254 in the end. Otherwise it fails. If you still need help, reply back.

• DXD said: Strange OpenSSH-server was not installed.

That's normal for containers, you usually don't need it because you can connect to the host and enter the container via:

lxc-attach -n my-container

• DXDDXD Member

@jgillich said:

DXD said: Strange OpenSSH-server was not installed.

That's normal for containers, you usually don't need it because you can connect to the host and enter the container via:

lxc-attach -n my-container

Didn't knew that. 2/2