Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SUMMER HOST TIME
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SUMMER HOST TIME

Colocrossing must be getting a ton of business right now. I'm going for a different Quadranet reseller for my long-term host, but that's a different story. Since summer was delayed temperature-wise, how much longer do you think they'll last this year?

Comments

• Colocrossing?

• @ShardHost said:
    Colocrossing?

Well yeah, that's who most the newbs are going to go with.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@Rallias said:
    Since summer was delayed temperature-wise, how much longer do you think they'll last this year?

It's not temperature-wise related but summer break related. Once school start they usually dissapear or sale their "summer business".

• @Spirit said:
    It's not temperature related but summer break related. Once school start they usually dissapear or sale their "summer business".

Sounds like a good time for someone to have a "Consolation Sale"

• @Rallias said:

Not sure Colocrossing will be going anywhere. Their summer Clients? Who knows?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

@Rallias said:

CC is too expensive for the average summer host. RAID1 (or no RAID) desktop hardware from Datashack/WII/OVH Canada (the $59 i5) is probably where the average summer host is looking.

• Datashack/OVH/VolumeDrive - That's where they are all going

• ReeceReece Member

Hetzner/WII/DS/OVH maybe even QuickPacket may be the ones.

I can predict not so many E3's more these L5420 Servers getting sold dirt cheap and being used.