Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Any cheap providers with 4 CPU cores and 8gb ram?

Any cheap providers with 4 CPU cores and 8gb ram?

NikoCodeyNikoCodey Member
edited April 21 in Requests

Hi,

I'm looking for cheap providers with 4 CPU cores and 8gb RAM and unmetered bandwidth or bandwidth that is really high, I'm currently using SSDNodes TAU plan. https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/

Their service is amazing, however, their bandwidth limitation is currently running out very fast as we run game servers which get a lot of traffic.

I'm offering to pay up to $120 yearly for this kind of service, DDoS protection would be appreciated too, has anyone got any recommendations?

I'll just like to add that the TOS of the provider will be followed and no copyright content will be added as added by a person underneath this topic. Thanks.

EDIT: 4gb ram would be fine too.

Comments

• williewillie Member

Only thing I can think of is Scaleway, 6 Atom 2750 cores and 8gb ram for 10 euro/month. You're asking a lot.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

That's not a loyal amount for that kind of service, but you can always place a bet on:

VPS - 8.99 EUR a month Contabo, 12 GB ram, 4 cores, 300gb SSD, unlimited 100 MBit: https://contabo.com/?show=configurator&vserver_id=193

DEDI - 9.99 EUR a month Mengine, 8 GB ram, 4 cores, 1 TB HD, unlimited 100 Mbit https://www.mengine.fr/dedicated-servers.php

• MridulMridul Member

HudsonValley Host or Netcup might have what you are looking for.

Hosts I Recommend >> HudsonvalleyHost | XiNiX | CloudCone | HostUs

• YuraYura Member

@Mridul said: HudsonValley Host or Netcup might have what you are looking for.

Between these two I would certainly choose Netcup but mind the contract terms.

• yolo_meyolo_me Member

@NikoCodey said: Hi,

I'm looking for cheap providers with 4 CPU cores and 8gb RAM and unmetered bandwidth or bandwidth that is really high, I'm currently using SSDNodes TAU plan. https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/

Their service is amazing, however, their bandwidth limitation is currently running out very fast as we run game servers which get a lot of traffic.

I'm offering to pay up to $120 yearly for this kind of service, DDoS protection would be appreciated too, has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks.

So you're not earning enough in your game server to afford decent server?

• NikoCodeyNikoCodey Member
    edited April 20

@yolo_me said:

@NikoCodey said: Hi,

Thanks.

So you're not earning enough in your game server to afford decent server?

Hi, Game is hosted under educational purposes, so we can't monetize it.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 20

One visit, one post, one thread- since 2015. Tell me, time traveler, what price is ethanol from the land whence ye came?

What hath God bought! - II BlackFriday Numbers 23:23

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • racksxracksx Member, Provider

Hi @NikoCodey
    What about
    8 GB RAM
    4 CPU cores
    50 GB SSD NVMe (Fast like a rocket to the sky)
    OVH France
    Unmetered bandwidth
    1Gbps port
    1 IPV4
    IPV6 available
    DDOS Protection included
    for $120 a year

Or
    8 GB RAM
    8 CPU Cores
    50 GB SAS
    Netherlands
    10.000GB bandwidth
    10Gbps port
    8 IPV4
    for $120 a year

If you're interested please let me know

• @racksx said: Hi @NikoCodey
    What about
    8 GB RAM
    4 CPU cores
    OVH France
    Unmetered bandwidth
    1Gbps port
    1 IPV4
    IPV6 available
    DDOS Protection included
    for $120 a year

Or
    8 GB RAM
    8 CPU Cores
    50 GB SAS
    Netherlands
    10.000GB bandwidth
    10Gbps port
    8 IPV4
    for $120 a year

If you're interested please let me know

First plan sounds good, where can i contact you?

• WSSWSS Member

@racksx said:

That's how fast it'll fill up, or... :D

Thanked by 1racksx
  • jackhadrilljackhadrill Member, Provider

For those considering offering this guy a server, this is his site that he's wishing to host https://clubpenguinrewritten.pw/

Just a heads up for those not wanting to receive copyright notices from Disney

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

The guy has also just sent us guys in Discord this...

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• WSSWSS Member

Wait.. fake fanfic websites are a thing? Whatever the fuck happened to USENET for this sort of thing?

The front page of the site is really well done for an ancient copy of CodeWeaver. I dunno where I stand on this.

edited April 20

Coincidentally this is in the site's source too.

<!--
         FILE ARCHIVED ON 16:38:00 Feb 14, 2012 AND RETRIEVED FROM THE
         INTERNET ARCHIVE ON 12:47:38 Feb 2, 2017.
         JAVASCRIPT APPENDED BY WAYBACK MACHINE, COPYRIGHT INTERNET ARCHIVE.

ALL OTHER CONTENT MAY ALSO BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT (17 U.S.C.
         SECTION 108(a)(3)).
    -->

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @jackhadrill said: The guy has also just sent us guys in Discord this...

That website isn't hosted on the VPS and is registered under Blazingfast, i read TOS of companies very thoroughly.

It makes no difference. Any host offering to provide hosting for anything remotely related to what you're doing would themselves be involved in hosting copyrighted material for which you've already received takedown notices in the past.
    I'm sure you'll get some shady guy offering you some oversold crappy deal but in any case, the payouts that you'd have to give Disney after they sue your arse would cost far more than a decade's worth of VPSes combined. Find something productive to do with your time and stop promoting evidently illegal activity which you cannot defend in any way shape or form.

• @jackhadrill said: It makes no difference. Any host offering to provide hosting for anything remotely related to what you're doing would themselves be involved in hosting copyrighted material for which you've already received takedown notices in the past.
    I'm sure you'll get some shady guy offering you some oversold crappy deal but in any case, the payouts that you'd have to give Disney after they sue your arse would cost far more than a decade's worth of VPSes combined. Find something productive to do with your time and stop promoting evidently illegal activity which you cannot defend in any way shape or form.

The VPS servers do not host any copyrighted material or anything related to it, so i don't know what you're talking about.

Based on everything you've been telling us, it'd be powering the backend

• WSSWSS Member

@NikoCodey said: The VPS servers do not host any copyrighted material or anything related to it, so i don't know what you're talking about.

Lawsuits often have "John Doe A, B, C, D, etc" for a reason. That way they can pull in the VPS provider you were found to be on, and give up any information recorded, et al.. it's just not worth the time to deal with you.

• @jackhadrill said: Based on everything you've been telling us, it'd be powering the backend

If you can find evidence that it's hosted on a VPS server, be my guest.

This is what you told me you wanted it for

• @jackhadrill said:

This is what you told me you wanted it for

That is not evidence that the VPS is connected to the copyright infringement files in any way.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@NikoCodey said:

@jackhadrill said: Based on everything you've been telling us, it'd be powering the backend

That doesn't matter man. Why do you think hosting warez/download sites isn't allowed with basically all hosts? The cracked software isn't hosted on the website server, they're just linking to it. That's basically what you're doing with the frontend.

ExtraVM - DDoS Protected VPS - US, CA, FR, SNG

• @MikeA said:

@NikoCodey said:

@jackhadrill said: Based on everything you've been telling us, it'd be powering the backend

That doesn't matter man. Why do you think hosting warez/download sites isn't allowed with basically all hosts? The cracked software isn't hosted on the website server, they're just linking to it. That's basically what you're doing with the frontend.

The VPS server literally has nothing to do with the websites content.

Anyways, it's the individual provider's discretion as to whether they want to provide for you or not. I was just laying out the facts such that people can decide themselves whether they want to be affiliated with your dodgy shite.

I asked you what you wanted the VPS for, and you told me it was for this bloody copyright violation.

• @jackhadrill said: I asked you what you wanted the VPS for, and you told me it was for this bloody copyright violation.

The "copyright violation content" is hosted under Blazingfast.

You can see that by doing a whois on the website url you provided.

But the server will be affiliated with this 'project'

• @jackhadrill said: But the server will be affiliated with this 'project'

No, the server is not used for that.

Then why even send me the link?

And what is the server for?

• @jackhadrill said: And what is the server for?

It shouldn't concern you as it doesn't breach any Terms of Service provided by the provider.

@NikoCodey said:

@jackhadrill said: And what is the server for?

It shouldn't concern you as it doesn't breach any Terms of Service provided by the provider.

Well there ya go guys! Have fun with your Disney lawsuits :D

• @jackhadrill said:

@NikoCodey said:

@jackhadrill said: And what is the server for?

Well there ya go guys! Have fun with your Disney lawsuits :D

Have fun and thanks for attacking me on a website which isn't even used on the same server.

Not worth ya time guys

• teamaccteamacc Member

Why not go for the 2X-Large in their startup special? 156 usd/year, but you can stay at your current provider and get 16gb ram/4cores/80gb ssd/8tb transfer.

https://www.ssdnodes.com/startup-specials/

Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

I'll do it, but you need to start making money. Setup adverts on the website is the easiest way.

Anyway, the $120 budget will only last you 6months with us, Special 6GB plan for $20/m 4vCPU ~4Ghz+, 6GB RAM, 60GB NVMe, OVH in FR or BHS

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said: https://www.ssdnodes.com/startup-specials/

I like that this seems like a great tagline to them: Get 8GB RAM at $7.49/month for life!

Well, shit, 8MB would have been awesome in 1997- how could I refuse!?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@pbgben said: I'll do it, but you need to start making money. Setup adverts on the website is the easiest way.

Anyway, the $120 budget will only last you 6months with us, Special 6GB plan for $20/m 4vCPU ~4Ghz+, 6GB RAM, 60GB NVMe, OVH in FR or BHS

OVH doesn't allow it, I've had a client like this in the past few months and it just ended up like this guy. Received DMCA by Disney, OVH blocks IP.

ExtraVM - DDoS Protected VPS - US, CA, FR, SNG

Thanked by 1jackhadrill
  • @pbgben said: I'll do it, but you need to start making money. Setup adverts on the website is the easiest way.

If he puts ads on it that makes this even more illegal, lol

$100 digitalocean credit click here: $100 digitalocean credit

Thanked by 1jackhadrill
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

@maldovia said:

@pbgben said: I'll do it, but you need to start making money. Setup adverts on the website is the easiest way.

If he puts ads on it that makes this even more illegal, lol

Depends, on local laws. But a very quick google shows at least 3 other CPPS communities that are still thriving.

• yeah lots of posts here