Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered 1Gbps in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered 1Gbps in Europe

tronyxtronyx Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

Hi,

Looking for an dedicated server in Europe, specs can be any. Im going to spent around 150TB bandwith monthly.

Budget: max 35$/m

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Would you like the moon on a stick too?

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

150TB for $35? Not realistic.

• After working out my overcharges on a single 1Gbit/s Port I think I will be down approximately £187.50

If you're wanting a decent provider to give you 150TB of bandwidth you're going to be needing to be paying a bit more than $35 P/Month otherwise you're looking at someone like OVH/Kimsufi

• well, you can achieve 150TB with two of the 10 euro oneprovider deals. each machine is allowed to push a max of ~75TB (250mbit).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

up it to £300 MRC + server and I'll be prepared to offer 1Gbit/s unmetered on a budget blend.

D

• DXDDXD Member

Even single homed cogent is not possible at this.

• cociucociu Member

tronyx said: Budget: max 35$/m

i can put 10 meters of fiber and 2 swich , we are located in Romania . For this offer i accept only BTC payment and for 10 years in advance. Thanks. The price is in your budget.

now if we speack realistic the price for only 1gb is at least 300 eur/mo

• All 1Gbps unmetered always capped to 100Mbps or less.

• DigitalJoseeDigitalJosee Member
    edited April 2017

You need all that power on one line?

Why not multiple servers with unmetered 250mbps?
    With your budget, you can get 4 Scaleway servers with reasonable power.

EDIT: You can get 3 of these: 4 Dedicated x86 64bit Cores (Old Xeon, iirc)/8GB Memory/50GB SSD Disk/300mbps unmetered, so, 900mbps unmetered power in 3 lines for 36eur.

• sinsin Member

Leaseweb has 1Gbps unmetered for around $200

• quickquick Member

@sin said:

@tronyx said:

can't you read? lol :)

• sinsin Member

quick said: can't you read? lol :)

OP should know he's not getting it for $35 anywhere

Thanked by 1quick
  • @quick said:

@sin said:

@tronyx said:

can't you read? lol :)

Not but he is reasonable lol :)

Thanked by 3sin quick Mathias
  • 1 Gbit/s equals to 324TB of data transferred. Usually you would pay around 0.005-0.02$ per GB of data transferred, that results in around 3240$ cost at a price of 0.01$. Basically, you don't pay this though. Transit for example is around 0.25$ per Mbit/s, that means with HE.net for example you'd pay 250$/Mo for this.

Anyway, without doing further calculations, a end-user price for 1Gbit/s fully utilized 24/7 is definitely not possible under 200$ without loss on the provider end.

• Online.net used to have a "high bandwidth" option with its dedis (removing all caps) but they seem to have gotten rid of that.

• @cociu said:

Not really. You can get unmetered 1gbps for ~130€/m on OVH. I know one OVH reseller who can get you this for ~90€/m

@kingzero said:

@cociu said:

Not really. You can get unmetered 1gbps for ~130€/m on OVH. I know one OVH reseller who can get you this for ~90€/m

It's not dedicated.

• Clouvider said: up it to £300 MRC + server and I'll be prepared to offer 1Gbit/s unmetered on a budget blend.

Geez, Dom. You're kinda killing your profit margin by charging £300 for the bandwidth, even if it's a budget blend.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • All those prices.. Damn.

1Gbit unmetered (consumer) is €40 a month here (internet only, no tv etc).

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@BlazeMuis said:
    All those prices.. Damn.

With a 1:100 contention ratio. Residential connections are a whole different ball game.

Thanked by 3BlazeMuis Clouvider WSS

@trewq said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    All those prices.. Damn.

With a 1:100 contention ratio. Residential connections are a whole different ball game.

1:100 if not more. Reminds me Virgin Media in the UK in some areas...

• @Clouvider said:

@trewq said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    All those prices.. Damn.

I have never saw/heard people complain about network being slower. Somehow this does not happen in NL? We always get more than we pay for (if you live in the city) at any provider, no speeds crashing in at evenings etc.

• Unitymedia (LibertyGlobal - UPC) in germany does the same with theres cable internet, up to 400mbit plans in download with a cmts of ~1.9gbit (docsis 3.0). 300-500 customers on 1 cmts

• @Clouvider said:

@trewq said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    All those prices.. Damn.

Solution to Virgin. Live on a main road. One that carries a large amount of bandwidth for the streets that spur off it. Easily max 200Mbit for 24 hours :D

BlazeMuis said: I have never saw/heard people complain about network being slower. Somehow this does not happen in NL? We always get more than we pay for (if you live in the city) at any provider, no speeds crashing in at evenings etc.

Yeah, you do realise that the cost of transit is more expensive than this yeah ?

Just manage your expectations.

D

• @cociu said:

tronyx said: Budget: max 35$/m

i can put 10 meters of fiber and 2 swich , we are located in Romania . For this offer i accept only BTC payment and for 10 years in advance. Thanks. The price is in your budget.

So 3600€/10 years for 1gbps unmetered?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

tr1cky said: So 3600€/10 years for 1gbps unmetered?

Try again.

Thanked by 1quick
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Budget is not realistic at all . You will need to increase 5 to 10 times !

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

@Kabeldamagement said:
    150TB for $35? Not realistic.

Get 5x Kimsufi for 5EUR each, should push with ease 150TB.

but 150TB on one dedi needs 500Mbit and that for 35$ meh.

• To use 150TB in a month you need to push ~450Mbps almost 24/7. Either buy multiple scaleways or increase budget to 90€ and buy OVH dedi with 1Gbps unmetered port with 500Mbps guaranteed bandwidth. I guess you could also get 35€ online.net/SoYouStart dedi with 1Gbps port and 250Mbps guaranteed bandwidth and hope you can get above the guaranteed share of the port.