Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

US KVM for Netflix

US KVM for Netflix

brycebryce Member

Anyone offering something with residential IP that won't get blacklisted easily?

The only requirement would be KVM for this and about 1TB traffic.

Comments

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    They have everyone blocked at this point.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • GL trying to find Netflix and Hulu aren't retarded I think they pretty much have everything blocked so you literally have to be at your residence to watch.

    I don't buy or sell any products on LET so don't ask me because the answer is NO.

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    It's time to move or strike up a deal with someone who has a residential connection, fast upload, and no packet loss to you.

  • GravelyGravely Member

    @maldovia said: I think that Mininodes might operate on a Comcast connection.

    Mininodes does look promising...

  • brycebryce Member

    @jarland that is what this thread is about ;-)

  • jarlandjarland Administrator
    edited April 20

    @bryce said: @jarland that is what this thread is about ;-)

    What sucks is that US broadband upload speeds are often terrible. Only stuff like FIOS and AT&T in big cities seem to get high upload. It exists, just really limits the scope of the people that can help. Like me, 5mbit upload. I get 120 down, but 5 up.

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • brycebryce Member

    I get that. There must be however someone with a datacenter grade connection that has some IPs lying around that make sense for stuff like this.

  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

    Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

  • GravelyGravely Member

    @pbgben said: Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

    Only the pro version?

  • rskrsk Member, Provider

    @jarland said:

    @bryce said: @jarland that is what this thread is about ;-)

    What sucks is that US broadband upload speeds are often terrible. Only stuff like FIOS and AT&T in big cities seem to get high upload. It exists, just really limits the scope of the people that can help. Like me, 5mbit upload. I get 120 down, but 5 up.

    No need to tunnel the whole connection, using a dns tunnel should suffice. No?

  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said: Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

    Only the pro version?

    I only tested the Pro, Family use it to watch netflix and Prime TV

  • GravelyGravely Member

    @pbgben said:

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said: Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

    Only the pro version?

    I only tested the Pro, Family use it to watch netflix and Prime TV

    I guess the free version would get abused.....

  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said:

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said: Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

    Only the pro version?

    I only tested the Pro, Family use it to watch netflix and Prime TV

    I guess the free version would get abused.....

    Not just that, but Netflix can easily use it to find out the IP's and blockem'

  • GravelyGravely Member

    @pbgben said:

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said:

    @Gravely said:

    @pbgben said: Hotspot shield works, so must be possible.

    Only the pro version?

    I only tested the Pro, Family use it to watch netflix and Prime TV

    I guess the free version would get abused.....

    Not just that, but Netflix can easily use it to find out the IP's and blockem'

    Yeah for sure, personally haven't tried unblocking services for 6+ months, guess i got sick of sending through refund requests :P

  • HxxxHxxx Member

    Effort vs Objective = not worth. Enjoy the netflix and hulu programming assigned to your country. There is a reason for everything.

  • raindog308raindog308 Moderator

    Or just get a seedbox and never have to worry about Netflix's policies again.

    My Advice: VPS Advice

    For LET support, please click here.

  • Have you considered a VPN company for this? There are still a few who get by the Netflix filters.

  • williewillie Member

    RobertClarke said: Have you considered a VPN company for this? There are still a few who get by the Netflix filters.

    Netflix is always trying to search and squash for those. It's hard to stay ahead. Yeah there's Plex but I figure an even better way to say FU to a company is to decide you don't need their product, period. LET and the rest of the internet are addictive enough without having to add Netflix to the mix.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @willie said:

    RobertClarke said: Have you considered a VPN company for this? There are still a few who get by the Netflix filters.

    Netflix is always trying to search and squash for those. It's hard to stay ahead. Yeah there's Plex but I figure an even better way to say FU to a company is to decide you don't need their product, period. LET and the rest of the internet are addictive enough without having to add Netflix to the mix.

    Agreed 100%. I didn't like many of the channels Sling offered, so I cancelled that after my prepaid-for-free-roku-to-regift period was over. They keep sending me messages asking me to return after I've sent them several unsubscribes. Sirius, however, may get a message from my lawyer, Leonard J Crabs, if they don't cease and desist sending me marketing bullshit.

  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited April 21

    As @raindog308 said, just use torrents and pay 0$ of "artists" (industry) racket.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    The VPN I use works perfectly fine with Flix. PM me for info :)

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • jackhadrilljackhadrill Member, Provider

    My old yearly ChicagoVPS seems to allow US netflix...

    NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • williewillie Member

    I wonder if mine does (Vortexnode hosted at colocrossing). I never tried or cared but it would be interesting to know.

  • sibapersibaper Member

    jackhadrill said: My old yearly ChicagoVPS seems to allow US netflix...

    OMG! netflix who make the rules not ChicagoVPS ;)

  • I also need one.if someone know,please PM me .thanks

  • RamiRami Member

    Kodi+ add-ons is much more better
    Netflix doesn't want us as customers

  • netomxnetomx Member

    Some providers here works

  • brycebryce Member

    Yes but if it is a datacenter IP, the questions is for how long.

  • @netomx said: Some providers here works

    For example?

  • salakissalakis Member

    @realjohny said:

    @netomx said: Some providers here works

    For example?

    I doubt that anyone would openly post it here due to paranoia, but indeed, I can confirm that there are some lowend providers that have IPs which work with US Netflix.

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider
    edited April 22

    Would the vps be for your own personal use? Or will you be giving vpn access to others?

    Att. Miguel Rivera TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

  • I'm in a VoIP blocked area as an expat, online movie sites are either blocked or way of entertainment are made too expensive to reach (local ISP forces to buy their content). I'm just wondering if still there are better but reasonable priced solutions available.

  • ethancedrikethancedrik Member
    edited April 22

    Comcast business connections work, if I had the money I'd start VPS hosting off a comcast business internet using their IPs, but idk what bandwidth limits, IP costs, etc would be, or just do a NAT VPS like i-83 off like 10 or so IPs. I live in a Comcast and Verizon service area.

    Plus Comcast is participating in netflix's Open Connect program so they are direct peering with them and have an OpenConnect box in their DC

  • ethancedrikethancedrik Member
    edited April 22

    I've been able to access Netflix france from a few different OVH servers I have, others are blocked but the ones that aren't seem to be able to access this. I guess they haven't started ASN blocking yet, I'll also try from my OVH Australia PTY LTD IPs too (I have like a /30)

  • Pretty annoying that they're doing this to people who are willing to pay well, not sure if it's because they are scared of the amount of internet traffic that will generate or they just are super strict on content-restricting regions that aren't supposed to get certain content.

    I know someone that lives in a country, not going to say which but it's an english speaking one that isn't the US, and they have a PS3, and they have a netflix account in their own country and normally can't access US movies and stuff, but when they signed into the netflix app on their PS3 they got US netflix through their foreign netflix account. This may be a one-off situation though

  • hzrhzr Member

    ethancedrik said: Pretty annoying that they're doing this to people who are willing to pay well, not sure if it's because they are scared of the amount of internet traffic that will generate or they just are super strict on content-restricting regions that aren't supposed to get certain content.

    It is not up to netflix; it is illegal for them to allow other countries to access US distribution content.

    Basically in the eyes of american law, allowing FR access to US-only content is equivalent to them running a direct download piracy site.

    Senior software engineer @ Microsoft

  • hzrhzr Member

    ServerAndChill said: It's like all legit schools ban guns. But they don't search everyone at the entrance. Then they search everyone at the entrance before being granted access.

    The schools where I used to live force all students through metal detectors + searches and periodically at other passageways like to cafeteria without ever leaving the school

    Senior software engineer @ Microsoft

  • WSSWSS Member

    lol these are some of the dumbest 'i want cheaper entertainment' analogies that I've ever seen.

    Thanked by 1rivermigue
  • netomxnetomx Member

    salakis said: I doubt that anyone would openly post it here due to paranoia,

    These. I use it for personal uses, and I dont want to tell everyone to exploit these to sell them for a month, until they block it.

    Thanked by 1rivermigue
  • rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

    netomx said: These. I use it for personal uses, and I dont want to tell everyone to exploit these to sell them for a month, until they block it.

    Totally agree with you

    Att. Miguel Rivera TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • brycebryce Member

    @rivermigue said: Would the vps be for your own personal use? Or will you be giving vpn access to others?

    Both.

  • rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

    Oh, well in that case I was thinking to just create a openvpn user and grant you access through a box I have connected to comcast residential, but since others are involved (Comercial use?) I wouldn't like the risk

    Att. Miguel Rivera TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

    The problem with selling bandwidth on a residential connection is that any of your competitors can send an e-mail to your ISP and get your account closed since it's against every residential ISP's TOS to prevent reselling your bandwidth to other parties.

    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
  • trewqtrewq Moderator, Provider

    @KuJoe said: The problem with selling bandwidth on a residential connection is that any of your competitors can send an e-mail to your ISP and get your account closed since it's against every residential ISP's TOS to prevent reselling your bandwidth to other parties.

    And even then if you own the residential ISP it's not worth your time or money getting Netflix blocked for your actual connections.

    1 vCPU | 1GB RAM | 10GB NVMe | 250GB Data | $9 AUD/month (~$6.89 USD) | Melbourne AU | ORDER NOW! | Looking Glass

    Thanked by 2KuJoe Gravely
  • I pmed op with 2 solutions. They don't have as numbers blocked and they are missing some smaller hosts that use expensive datacenters

    Thanked by 1painkiller
Sign In or Register to comment.