Can I get my own hosting setup for cheaper than £2.50 per month?

Can I get my own hosting setup for cheaper than £2.50 per month?

That is what I paid for unlimited hosting with a provider. I am stopping using them cos for 2 months in a row they suspend my account due to some billing error where my account says unpaid on their system even tho my paypal subscription was paid as usual.

Initially I had thought I won't need hosting at all and I won't for 90% of things since I just do redirects straight from the registrars but sometimes I want to use cloaking (marketer) and hosting maybe small couple of page site.

What would be my best option for this kind of use case?

Comments

• Without knowing location requirements, I think buy shared would fit the bill nicely!
    buyshared.net - My Referral Link

• SV_NickSV_Nick Member

Yes you can, any provider who advertises 'Unlimited Hosting' is a complete con! I'd never trust anyone with my money who advertised 'Unlimited' everything and everyone has a limit.

ServerViking - Reliable, Affordable VPS Hosting in UK

• what about small shared hosting with annual subscription ?

• @SV_Nick

Well, there are hosts that oversell to extents we've yet to witness, so it's pretty much the same if someone offers 999TB of disk space :p

• SV_NickSV_Nick Member

@FlamesRunner said: @SV_Nick

Well, there are hosts that oversell to extents we've yet to witness, so it's pretty much the same if someone offers 999TB of disk space :p @FlamesRunner said: @SV_Nick

Well, there are hosts that oversell to extents we've yet to witness, so it's pretty much the same if someone offers 999TB of disk space :p

I'd like 999TB of Disk Space.. One day maybe.

ServerViking - Reliable, Affordable VPS Hosting in UK

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 19

Judging by your question, you're asking the wrong crowd. If you're buying up domains and re-purposing auctioned/expired domains, you won't want to use the same host for all of them, you'll want to use many unrelated providers.

• Im not doing anything to do with what you're saying. I only buy domains very occasionaly and redirect traffic through them that's all

@ricardo said: Judging by your question, you're asking the wrong crowd. If you're buying up domains and re-purposing auctioned/expired domains, you won't want to use the same host for all of them, you'll want to use many unrelated providers.

• ricardoricardo Member

So why do you need any kind of hosting? Just use the registrars, or a DNS service that offers URL redirection. It's much cheaper than hosting, often free with the registrar.

• Yes I am doing that right now but there is a couple things I wanna do like cloaking and if I want to hosting a small site or landing page then I will need it won't i or there are free options for that?

@ricardo said: So why do you need any kind of hosting? Just use the registrars, or a DNS service that offers URL redirection. It's much cheaper than hosting, often free with the registrar.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

Sounds like you really just need basic hosting:

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=3

I promise not to suspend your account for no reason :)

Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

• FrameworksFrameworks Member, Provider
    edited April 21

Check this out
    20 GB Disk
    1 TB Bandiwdth
    DDoS Protected
    Price: $15/year Message me if you're interested, thank you!

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

$3 / year, Cheapst you'll ever get.
    No where near unlimited storage but landing pages doesn't use that much anyways.

Free hosting packages available (while stock lasts) | LET Special Shared Hosting offer and Hosted Piwik from $3/year
    Locations: Phoenix (US) | Amsterdam (NL) | Atlanta (US) | Milan (IT)
  • sanvitsanvit Member

small couple of page site.

Does this mean static sites? if so, you might want to try out BunnyCDN - My Ref. Link. Not actually a 'Hosting' provider, but if your usage is low, you might end up paying less than $1/y ($0.02/GB/M storage + $0.01/GB Bandwidth in US/EU)

• Go with PageClick and ImpactShared. They have some real cheap yearly deals well within your budget.

• Sorry guys I think I didnt explain my requirements properly. I didnt mean unlimited storage I meant unlimited addon domains and as I thought about it nowadays I wouldnt need even that.

But 3 would be too limiting since occasionally I buy new domains for new projects.

I would say 10 addon domains would be plenty and in terms of space needed, since as I said it would only be to host a script or two or a couple page website, then maybe a couple hundred megs should do the job.

So with that new info what kind of prices would I be looking at? cheers.

• rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

What about this?

10 addon domains
    5gb disk space
    500gb bw/m
    vestacp management
    $12USD/y

Att. Miguel Rivera TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

• racksxracksx Member, Provider

What about :)

$0.59/month

The simplest way to set up a relatively small website and get online quickly.

10GB Disk Space
    Unlimited Email/MySQL...
    cPanel
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Email accounts
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Softaculous 300+ installed tools
    Wordpress, Joomla!, Prestashop...

We will be happy to host you :)

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

@lowendguy7 said:

I would say 10 addon domains would be plenty and in terms of space needed, since as I said it would only be to host a script or two or a couple page website, then maybe a couple hundred megs should do the job.

So with that new info what kind of prices would I be looking at? cheers.

If 2-5 Gb disk is enough I would say my $5/year package in either NL or Phoenix would be good enough.

Free hosting packages available (while stock lasts) | LET Special Shared Hosting offer and Hosted Piwik from $3/year
    Locations: Phoenix (US) | Amsterdam (NL) | Atlanta (US) | Milan (IT)
  • cam246cam246 Member, Provider

@lowendguy7 said: That is what I paid for unlimited hosting with a provider. I am stopping using them cos for 2 months in a row they suspend my account due to some billing error where my account says unpaid on their system even tho my paypal subscription was paid as usual.

Initially I had thought I won't need hosting at all and I won't for 90% of things since I just do redirects straight from the registrars but sometimes I want to use cloaking (marketer) and hosting maybe small couple of page site.

What would be my best option for this kind of use case?

$1 /year cPanel Hosting right here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/110463/gullo-s-hosting-current-leb-deals-web-1-yr-vps-30-yr

• Wow the deals keep getting better and better! :) Cheers guys. If I am using for redirects only main I shouldnt be using much bandwidth right so there should be any worry of that? I better look on my old hosting and see to confirm what my averages were.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

just keep in mind that that better and better should not be based on price alone, that is of course unless you want to be making a new thread every 3 months for new suggestions when you get let down over and over :)

Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | DEAL OF . | Instant Grav CMS PHP7
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | THE WEEK | & Nginx €3.00 p/year

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • Sure but my requirements are very low. A reliable service is what is most important. I would imagine any bad traders would have been called out who have posted here. Certainly not a foolproof belief but I would imagine it would be more likely since this is a quite closeknit forum.